Dr. Tasha Shamlin, MD

Internal Medicine | Female

Dr. Tasha Shamlin, MD

Dr. Tasha Shamlin, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Baton Rouge, LA. She is 42 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Shamlin is affiliated with Baton Rouge General - Mid City.

Dr. Shamlin's Care Philosophy

We believe in providing high quality medical care in a compassionate, humanistic, and patient centered environment to improve the well-being of adults and children.

Dr. Shamlin's Experience

See how Dr. Shamlin's experience matches your preferences.

View Video

Visiting Dr. Shamlin

Dr. Shamlin accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Shamlin is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shamlin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shamlin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shamlin to family and friends
    3.5
    Dr. Shamlin's Performance
    Dr Shamlin has taken great care of me! When no one else knew what was happening to me, she got to the root of my problems and I began to be and to feel healthy again. She has also fought for me when I needed other care. Her suspicions were proven right and I am cancer free and safe today thanks to her persistence on my behalf.
    Baton Rouge, LA |
    Went in for a wellness visit about 5 years ago (covered under by insurance at 100%). I'm hardly ever sick, and when I am, I go to urgent care, but I decided to schedule another wellness visit recently and was informed that I had a balance on my account. After being transferred to the billing department, I was informed that because Dr. Shamlin asked me if I had other concerns during my wellness visit and I voiced ONE concern to her, I was billed for an office visit also. Insurance fraud?
    in Baton Rouge, LA |
    Went to this Dr. for anxiety and had a terrible experience. Very late to the appointment and very unfriendly. Gave me way too high of a dosage of zoloft, and I ended up having a very bad reaction to it.
    in Zachary, LA |
    For starters the person that booked the appt over the phone sounded very disoriented and was very inattentive. She kept asking me the same questions over and over, & talked over me ...that was strike one.Got an appt the same day at 9:50, arrived at 9:53 because there wasn't anywhere to park, stood in line for over 15 minutes and she canceled my appointment because i was 2 minutes beyond the 15m grace period, although it was because of me standing in their excessively long line. TERRIBLE SERVICE
    in Prairieville, LA |
    Not a good choice if you have questions or want to discuss your health in detail. When the medical assistant was taking my vitals and asked what brought me in I was told I could only pick 2 things I wanted to address. I've never heard of such. Also, The doctor did not look me in the eye; she looked at the computer the entire time, and when I asked a few questions, she was very abrupt and irritated. It was a terrible experience.
    Have you seen Dr. Tasha Shamlin, MD?
    Are you Dr. Shamlin?

Dr. Shamlin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shamlin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
    •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
    •  Malpractice claims in Louisiana not available

Dr. Shamlin has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shamlin's Board Certifications

• Pediatrics

• Asthma
    • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
    • Depression
    • Emphysema
    • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
    • Heart Disease
    • Injuries
    • Parkinson's Disease

Baylor University

Graduated in 1998

Baylor University

Dr. Shamlin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shamlin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatrics