Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Tasha Shamlin, MD
Dr. Tasha Shamlin, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Baton Rouge, LA. She is 43 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Shamlin is affiliated with Baton Rouge General - Mid City.

8595 Picardy Ave Ste 100

Baton Rouge, LA 70809

• Coventry Health Care of Louisiana
  • TPA
  • Vantage Health Plan
  • Verity Healthnet

Learn about Dr. Shamlin

We believe in providing high quality medical care in a compassionate, humanistic, and patient centered environment to improve the well-being of adults and children.

Dr. Shamlin's Experience

Dr. Shamlin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics

• Pediatrics

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Pediatrics
    Accredited by: American Board of Pediatrics*

• Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

• Radiofrequency Ablation
  • Spirometry
  • Ultrasound
  • Vaccination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Baylor University
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Baylor University

Dr. Shamlin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shamlin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shamlin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

View Video

Dr. Shamlin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shamlin to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Shamlin's Performance
in Gonzales, LA |
Dr. Shamlin is awesome! She has been a great asset to me and my family. She believes in wellness and spends time with me regarding my concerns. She treats me like a person and not a number. I even recommended my daughter and grand children! Getting through to the BR Medical Center is like torture. Cannot wait until she moves into her own office!!!
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr. Shamlin is awesome! Takes good care of me. Treats me like a person not a number.
Dr Shamlin has taken great care of me! When no one else knew what was happening to me, she got to the root of my problems and I began to be and to feel healthy again. She has also fought for me when I needed other care. Her suspicions were proven right and I am cancer free and safe today thanks to her persistence on my behalf.
Baton Rouge, LA |
Went in for a wellness visit about 5 years ago (covered under by insurance at 100%). I'm hardly ever sick, and when I am, I go to urgent care, but I decided to schedule another wellness visit recently and was informed that I had a balance on my account. After being transferred to the billing department, I was informed that because Dr. Shamlin asked me if I had other concerns during my wellness visit and I voiced ONE concern to her, I was billed for an office visit also. Insurance fraud?
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Went to this Dr. for anxiety and had a terrible experience. Very late to the appointment and very unfriendly. Gave me way too high of a dosage of zoloft, and I ended up having a very bad reaction to it.
in Zachary, LA |
For starters the person that booked the appt over the phone sounded very disoriented and was very inattentive. She kept asking me the same questions over and over, & talked over me ...that was strike one.Got an appt the same day at 9:50, arrived at 9:53 because there wasn't anywhere to park, stood in line for over 15 minutes and she canceled my appointment because i was 2 minutes beyond the 15m grace period, although it was because of me standing in their excessively long line. TERRIBLE SERVICE
in Prairieville, LA |
Not a good choice if you have questions or want to discuss your health in detail. When the medical assistant was taking my vitals and asked what brought me in I was told I could only pick 2 things I wanted to address. I've never heard of such. Also, The doctor did not look me in the eye; she looked at the computer the entire time, and when I asked a few questions, she was very abrupt and irritated. It was a terrible experience.
Have you seen Dr. Tasha Shamlin, MD?
Are you Dr. Shamlin?