Dr. Taro Arai, MD

Dr. Taro Arai, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery  ·
Dr. Taro Arai, MD is a colon & rectal surgery specialist in Havertown, PA and has been practicing for 22 years. He graduated from Thomas Jefferson University in 1990 and specializes in colon & rectal surgery and general surgery.

1010 W Chester Pike Ste 201

Havertown, PA 19083

• Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • Amerihealth
  • AvMed
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Arai

See how frequently Dr. Arai performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Anal Disorders
Anal Fissure
Hemorrhoids

Dr. Arai's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Arai "I believe that the best form of patient care occurs when there is an informed collaboration between the patient and physician.  A key component to this collaboration is the education of the patient so that they are able to make informed decisions regarding their health care.  As such, I feel that a large part of my role as your surgeon is to ensure that you have a strong understanding of the health issues that you face, as well as a clear understanding of your options to address these issues.  I do not believe in rushing a patient in and out of the office.  I will strive to give each patient the time and information that they need to make these potentially life changing decisions.  Once these decisions are made, I will bring to bear my many years of education and experience to help you through these difficult times.  I will strive to use all the advanced technology available while never losing site of the fact that I am dealing with an individual who has a life, family, dreams, and desires.  Together we can battle any disease with confidence, compassion, and dignity!!"

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colectomy and Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania
  • Graduate Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Arai has no media or publications listed.

• Japanese

Dr. Arai does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Arai and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Arai's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Arai to family and friends

Dr. Arai's Performance

Dr. Arai Says:
"

To all my patients who have taken the time and effort to respond to these surveys I thank you.  I will always strive to address your concerns regarding my office staff, and my own personal interactions with each of you.  To all of those that I have not yet had the opportunity to care for, I am sorry that you are in a situation where you need to seek out a surgeon.  But you have my promise that I will do my utmost to

...

Dr. Arai is one of the best physicians that I have met in my life time. He is very warm and considerate and a great person. He treated one of my family members and his level of service was exceptional and exemplary. His staff were great and very helpful. I highly recommend him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
As a local Oncologist in the area, I had the opportunity to work with Dr Arai on a number of difficult cancer cases and was always impressed not only with his surgical expertise, but his professional manner and courtesy. When the shoe was on the other foot, and I needed to have bowel surgery for a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Arai saved my life plain and simple . He is an excellent surgeon I would give him 20 stars if I was allowed. When I had my original cancer diagnosis , he let my whole family in and ask any question and they wanted they take as long as they wanted . He is top notch in my book !!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option14thumbs down icon option2