Dr. Tarique Perera, MD

Dr. Tarique Perera, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Tarique Perera, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Greenwich, CT. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 20 years.

81 Holly Hill Ln Fl 2

Greenwich, CT 06830

• Anthem
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Perera

See how frequently Dr. Perera performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Major Depressive Disorder
ADHD and-or ADD
high
Psychiatric Diseases
high

Dr. Perera's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Perera "Dr. Perera was trained at Harvard Medical School and completed his psychiatric residency at the New York State Psychiatric Institute and Columbia University. He is an expert psychopharmacologist and considered a thought leader in medication management. In addition Dr. Perera is a leader in TMS therapy having been the founding president of the Clinical TMS Society and first author of the TMS guidelines published by the society in 2016. He is adept in all aspects of psychiatry including psychotherapy and is annually named one of America's Top Psychiatrists."

• Psychiatry

• Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizophrenia

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Harvard Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Beth Israel Deaconess Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Columbia University/New York State Psychiatric Institute
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Perera has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Perera does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Perera and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Perera's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Perera to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Perera's Performance
Greenwich CT |
Be sure to read all the reviews about Dr.Perera and not just the glowing ons used up fill up this space. My experience was the same as the patients who said he spent maybe two minutes with them and then charged exhorbitant fees. He is all about money. Do not be fooled. There are other places for treatment and doctors who take insurnace and actually care about people. He will spend your appointment preoccupied by his computer or something else and he gets away with it. It is a disgrace.
in Greenwich |
Dr. Perera is great! TMS has truly changed my life. I highly recommend anyone fighting depression to give it a try.
in Danbury, CT |
Great experience and great doctor! I highly recommend Dr. Perera.
Danbury, CT |
TMS saved my life! I can't thank Dr Perera and his staff enough for giving me my life back after years of suffering!!!
Danbury, CT |
Dr Perera diagnosed me with ADD after it affecting my life since grade school. I am now able to maintain a fantastic job and have even been promoted. He knows his stuff!
Wilton, CT |
Dr Perera saved my life, he was the only therapist that actually knew the right meds to put me on and actually listened to my problems! He is brilliant!
in Greenwich, CT |
Dr. Perera is an outstanding psychiatrist. His perceptions are extremely insightful and create profound changes in the understanding of ourselves and modifying the dynamics of behavior toward others. The changes that he is responsible for creating are long-lasting and extremely meaningful. I believe that the benefits of talk therapy have been greater than my experiences with TMS, which has been hard to evaluate in terms of benefits to me. I feel very fortunate under his care!
Greenwich, CT |
Very insightful and clear
in Connecticut |
I've been seeing Dr. Perera for awhile now. He really listens and genuinely cares that you feel better. I highly recommend Dr. Perera! Thank you.
in Greenwich, CT |
My experience with Dr Perera was unlike any I had before. He greeted me with a charming smile which erased a lot of the crankiness I had been feeling lately! His willingness to listen with patience and his expertise in providing treatment that has led me to rapid recovery are overwhelming! The professionalism and compassionate care I received has led me to a whole new life.
Old Greenwich, CT |
I've had depression since high school - now I am in my 20s and finally I have found a treatment that allows me to feel some joy of life.
Greenwich, CT |
Dr Perera was very aware of my issues and came up solutions that would help me to move forward in my life. I feel I have come out of the tunnel.
in Danbury, Ct |
I have seen Dr. PERERA for many many years, treatment of bi-polar disorder.I am doing much much better, Thank you Dr PERERA
in Scarsdale, NY |
I was recently divorced from in a black hole of depression I isolated myself from society snd contemplated suicide many times. Dr Perera was recommended to me ironically by one of my ex husbands friends His boyish demeanor precise analysis of my problem and the treatment he provides has made me a new person I bless him and the wonderful service he is providing and have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone suffering from depression.
in Stamford, CT |
I was suffering from depression for over 20 years. Dr Perera and his TMS therapy saved my life. I am totally a new person now. I am enjoying life to the fullest. My family cannot believe the dramatic turnaround in my life !
I had severe, suicidal trd. Perera says I have 83% chance of tms curing me..helps 0%. He spent 2min at 1st meeting500$ & couldnt even diagnose depression!Then,his clueless boy asst who did trtment didnt know how to work machine.PLUS he never moved coil of motorcortex after perera put it on spot & left->severe head pain stabbing and arm going crazy..boy just says"idk, im new." Lady next appt says "sorry big mistake"..seriously improper procedure$600. perera=ignorant, arrogant& a shame to psychiat
in New York, NY |
All I can say is he is an excellent doctor who saved my life. I have been suffering from depression for almost all my life and I had been to several doctors who were unable to help me. A friend recommended Dr. Perera as he had helped her overcome her depression. The TMS treatment along with his guidance basically changed my life. He has a charming bed side manner to add to it.
in BethelCt |
Dr stared at his laptop the whole visit. Didn't pay attention to what I said. Not impressed
Have you seen Dr. Tarique Perera, MD?
Are you Dr. Perera?