Dr. Tarek Hassanein, MD

Coronado, CA 92118 Get Directions

2017 Five Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery

View Ratings

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Hassanein specializes in Gastroenterology and practices in Coronado, CA. He practices at 3 locations.

Are you Dr. Hassanein? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Hassanein's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Hassanein's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hassanein

Dr. Hassanein accepts 22 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Hassanein has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Hassanein
Dr. Hassanein's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (35)
in Chula Vista, CA |
Terrible !!!! The worst, very rude and he sucks balls. Long wait time, doesnt answer calls.lost my lab work. igot a ultra sound and a mri , two months before my appointment, he did not look at it till 5 mins before he saw me. very unprofessional ,dont wast your time , see a different doctor. Do not take yourself or loved ones to this quack. .
in San Diego, CA |
The most awful experience of my life. My first time meeting with a liver specialist in San Diego. I have a rare condition called benign recurrent intrahepatic cholestasis. I was in just to get a point of contact and see if he has treated any similar cases. Not only was he judgemental and rude, he didn't listen to me at all. Pushed medicine and a balloon stomach trial on me and I couldn't even talk the whole appointment. I felt awful after. No help from this robot of a doctor. Finding a new one!
in Calif City, CA |
My issue is with El Cajon Ofc, of Dr.Tarek Hassanein of Southern Cal.GI and Liver Ctrs. I never got to see the Dr. so I have no opinion about his care or lack thereof. I do, however, have an opinion about office/staff. Totally incompetent, and just totally unprofessional. First appt.was cancelled with no explanation & no phone call. Rescheduled 2nd appt. which was supposed to be at a new location. Arrived at a construction zone. Again no phone calls. Never able to talk to a live person only VM.
in Santee, CA |
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DR! The Dr himself is great its his receptionists that are horrible they give out wrong appointment times and act like its your fault they are so RUDE I went to my appointment one time there were 13 other patients that day the Dr and staff never showed 13 people! His med staff is wishy washy good luck with them they never call back. Most horrible experience I've ever had!
He did an endoscopy here in Chula Vista and it was awesome
Have you seen Dr. Tarek Hassanein, MD?
Are you Dr. Hassanein?