Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology ·  Female · Age 42

Dr. Shirazian
207 E 84th St Ste 206 New York, NY 10028

Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 12 years. She graduated from Brown Medical School in 2003 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology.

Dr. Shirazian's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shirazian

1.2048192771084338%

Dr. Shirazian?
Dr. Shirazian's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD
Dr. Shirazian is amazing. For one, she actually listened to me and asked questions without talking down to me or rushing my appointments like other physicians have. She assessed the situation and presented the best option for me. She is very attentive and personalizes her treatment. I trusted her immediately and I am glad that I did because thanks to her, I feel better than I have in about a decade and I healed rather quickly so that I could resume my life. I have recommend her to everyone I kn
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
I did not experience any problems with Dr. Shirazian. I had sought her help after going through a really bad experience with another doctor. After I underwent a thorough testing period, she scheduled the surgery. I would recommend her services.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
Dr. Shirazian is the best doctor I’ve ever had. She’s patient and compassionate and always takes the time to explain things and she listens and never rushes you. She has an amazing bedside manner. I’m so grateful to have found her and have her as my doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
Great service! Very kind, attentive and responsive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
Dr. Shirazian is an angel ?? on earth ??. She removed this huge fibroid and my body transformed. Amazing recovery. Great bedside manner, very patient and answered all my question. She is an amazing ?? person and not forgetting her beauty and mannerisms. Awesome ?? awesome ??????
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
Hands down the Best Doctor I’ve ever had. Knowledge, Compassion and Empathy. Oh and I Forgot Skills. Just a wonderful experience. She knows her stuff. I Highly recommend Dr Shirazian for All women’s health needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
Incredibly skilled, knowledgable and compassionate. Anyone would be lucky to have her as their doctor. My surgery went incredibly well and am nearly fully healed after just a couple weeks.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
Dr. Shirazian is absolutely wonderful! I had two miscarriage in 3 years, recurring UTIs and heavy cycles and each GYN before her told me women have fibroids and go on to have healthy pregnancies and never took it to the next step. Dr. Shirazian gave me options, she gave me hope! She removed 12 fibroids the largest being 6 x 10 cm and two weeks post op my incision looks great! She was incredibly attentive and responded quickly to any concerns I had before and after the surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
Aahhh Dr. Shirazian was heaven sent. Words do not exist to express my gratitude for the blessing of having her as my surgeon. After years of silently suffering and quite a few “rushed” consultations w other surgeons, I had doubts and uncertainties. In my search, I booked a consultation w Dr. Shirazian in March. She took her time, did not rush, it was a good old fashion Doctor/Patient dialog. I am now 3 wks post op Total LAH, healing very well. Blessings to Dr. Shirazian!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
I never had a doctor call me the same day I had a test taken to set up an immediate follow-up appointment. I'm extremely grateful for all she's done for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
From the moment I met her a few yrs ago,she has been nothing but kind and understanding. She explains things to you and your options with whatever issue you have. Mine was fybroids that were very large and had expanded my uterus. We went through the options on how to treat them and concluded the best thing was a hysterectomy. I have no regrets. I am very grateful my PCP recommended I go to her. She is kind and works with you from beginning to end. Love her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
I am so grateful of having Dr. Shirazian as my GYN. I was having many issues due to fibroids since many year ago. She even took out one small fibroid in uterus in Dic/2016 plus some other things that were blocking my uterus to make a baby. The surgery was so successful that after 3 months I miraculously got pregnant!!! So, I did not doubt to visit her this year to get rid of those painful fibroids (they were huge!). She performed a Hysterectomy and everything so far has been just great! Thanks!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
I am very grateful to Dr. Shirazian and her whole office at Joan H. Tisch Center. She is a very talented surgeon and such a kind person who establishes trust with her patients from the very beginning. I just wish I had found her sooner so that I didn't have to experience pain for so long. My surgery went great, the doctor explained to me everything that will be done during the surgery and it was exactly as planned. Thank you Dr. Shirazian for an amazing work and for having such a great team!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
My experience with Dr Shirazian was beyond my belief. She always treated me with high level of care and makes me feel very comfortable. She's a well experienced doctor and surgeon and extremely knowledgeable. I really appreciate her and how she gave me successful surgery outcome I now have hope to bare a child. She is really a Gods gift.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
Dr. Shirazian was who I needed in my life. When other Drs couldn't understand or couldn't perform, she was able to explain thoroughly my condition, course of action and now sitting here after surgery with no complications! I Thank God I was referred to her. She is knowledgeable, personable, caring and detailed oriented. You will be made fully aware of every aspect of your health concerns. I have no qualms about recommending her to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
Dr. Shirazian is a competent, caring and knowledgeable doctor. She is clear and informative in her diagnosis and her surgical abilities are excellent. Dr. Shirazian really listens to her patients and does whatever she can to reassure them without making light of any condition. I just had surgery with Dr. Shirazian. She explained the procedure and gave me several alternatives that could possibly happen. I am very pleased with Dr. Shirazian and her staff and wish all doctors could be like her
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
I had been looking for a genuine, knowledgeable and highly skilled ob/gyn to perform my myomectomy surgery since 2014. I came across Dr. Shirazian after doing a lot of research. She performed my surgery 2 weeks ago. Her and her entire staff have provided me a well rounded care during the entire process. I couldn't ask for anything more. I would highly recommend Dr. Shirazian to anyone who is looking for a humble, genuine, empathetic, experienced and highly knowledgeable ob/gyn.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Shirazian. She is knowledgeable, patient, compassionate, responsive; and always has the best interest of her patients. Prior to meeting Dr. Shirazian, I was misdiagnosed with fibroids. I experienced irregular bleeding for a year. After meeting with her, I learned that I had no fibroids. I had endometriosis. Since surgery, I have no pain and I am able to resume to my normal activities. She is definitely an asset to women's healthcare!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
I researched Dr. Shirazian because I was very disappointed with the gyn I was seeing for 12 years. I have always had issues in the past with female doctors but Dr. Shirazian has definitely changed my mind about this. She made me feel at ease about my issues. I had large fibroids and and my IUD was lodged in my fibroids as well. She was able to remove both with a small bikini line insicion, I was so pleased after my surgery. My recovery was remarkable, I had very little pain afterwards.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?
Dr. Shirazian went out of her way and rearranged her calendar in order to do a procedure in a timely manner. This was done after only having seen me once for my new patient visit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Taraneh Shirazian, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shirazian?

As a gynecologic surgeon, I believe in women's wellness. All surgical and medical recommendations will be personalized to the woman in front of me accounting for her lifestyle and individual needs.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

2003
1999

• Farsi

Dr. Shirazian accepts

Dr. Shirazian accepts the following insurance:

EmblemHealth

Dr. Shirazian's Top Procedures and Conditions

Rh Incompatibility Screening

Dr. Shirazian performs Rh Incompatibility Screening more than 95% of her peers

Dr. Shirazian performs this procedure more than 95% of her peers

Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
high

Dr. Shirazian treats Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea) more than 85% of her peers

Dr. Shirazian treats this condition more than 85% of her peers

• Operative Hysteroscopy

Dr. Shirazian's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Amniocentesis
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
  • Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Hepatitis B Virus Screening
  • Hepatitis C Virus Screening
  • Hepatitis Screening
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • HIV Screening
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Human Papillomavirus DNA Testing
  • Low Back Pain During Pregnancy
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Maternal Hypotension Syndrome
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Surgery