Dr. Tara Starr, MD

Ophthalmology | Female

Dr. Tara Starr, MD
Please see above.

Dr. Starr's Care Philosophy

With more than 9,000 patients cared for, Dr. Starr's Offices provide state- of- the- art expertise and equipment for medical and surgical treatments of eye diseases. A board-certified optometrist is also available for glasses and contact lens dispensing. Dr. Starr was trained with the most accomplished cataract and glaucoma surgeons in the world and had performed over 6,500 cataract surgeries around the world and on humanitarian missions, particularly difficult cases. We also perform laser treatment and cosmetic procedures.

Dr. Starr's Experience

See how Dr. Starr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Starr

Dr. Starr accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Starr is now accepting new patients
East Bay Eye Associates2999 Regent St Ste 701
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510) 843-4613Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Starr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Starr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Starr to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Starr's Performance
in Moraga, CA |
I received a phone call from Dr. Starr a few hours after my eyelid surgery for drooping eyelids. Though I had no pain, it was great to know that the doctor was concerned about me and called me personally after a whole day of doing surgeries. One week later all the bruising was gone. A month after the surgery, all the swelling is also gone and I am told I look about twenty years younger! She was very meticulous and talented. I have tremendous confidence under her care. Thanks Doc!
in Oakland, CA |
She went above and beyond to take care of my undiagnosed glacoma with very little notice. After an ER visit I was told to follow up with an ophthalmologist. Her office got me in the same day I called and when she discovered the high pressure in my eye she immediately performed laser eye surgery. Her dedication is very apparent.
in Discovery Bay, CA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Starr's for five or more years. Dr. Starr is a highly skilled physician and has a caring, compassionate, wonderful rapport with her patients. She's the best!
in Albany CA |
Dr. Starr performed cataract surgery on both eyes, inserting Toric lenses, which transformed my distance vision and cured my astigmatism. She is an excellent surgeon, very warm and caring. The surgeries took place at the Aspen Surgery Center at John Muir Hospital, also highly recommended.
in Lafayette, CA |
I have been a patient of Dr.Starr for a couple of years now and I never felt so well taken care of. Dr.Starr is a very thorough professional and beyond dedicated to her patients. She has done some treatments on my face such as volume lift.She did that twice and in both visits I have felt very comfortable at her office and my face looks now 10 years younger. I didn't have any waiting to do ,always on time. Dr.Starr has angel hands.I am so glad that I found someone so caring and dedicated.
in Walnut Creek, CA |
Dr. Starr did laser cataract surgery on both my cataracts in May. I had astigmatism and I am a PA at a local ER. I had painless surgery, had my astigmatism reversed and thanks to her skills and my special implant, I can see distance, near and can do all my work without glasses. I have nothing, but deepest respect for her.
in Oakland, CA |
Very caring and expert care. Dr. Starr performed my cataract surgeries with excellent results and excellent followup.
in Oakland, CA |
Dr. Starr was a lifesaver for me. She and her staff were very professional and knowledgeable, as well as comforting during all of my visits. I had been suffering with severe nerve damage near my right eye, and Dr. Starr was very familiar with my condition. She put my mind at ease, and my cataract surgery was completely painless. After the surgery, I realized that at least half of my nerve pain was gone. Dr. Starr also recommended a great neurology doctor for me to see.
in Emeryville, CA |
My cataract surgery was made more complicated by my age (72) and glaucoma. I wanted to find a surgeon who had lots of experience with this combination, and I was fortunate to find Dr. Starr. Dr. Starr was very detailed in her examination and took significant time to explain the surgery and my options. The surgery was quick and easy, with no pain or discomfort whatsoever. I was awake through the entire procedure. My vision is now perfect. A great experience!
in San Francisco, CA |
Dr Tara Starr misdiagnosed my eye condition and her billing department is incompetent I am very disappointed and dissatisfied with her services and I feel her license should not be renewed
This patient saw Dr. Nguyen, Dr. Tom and Dr. Starr all three , independently, diagnosing her with "narrow angles" . That is three doctors agreeing on a diagnosis confirmed by imaging and numerous studies. We stand behind our diagnosis. She received a bill for a copay that she was due after an entire year and posted a one star review because she doesn't feel the doctors should be paid for their work. In reality, she should be taken before a judge for defamatory, false comments. Managenent
Have you seen Dr. Tara Starr, MD?

Compare Dr. Starr

Please see above.

Dr. Starr's Care Philosophy

Dr. Starr says...

Dr. Tara Starr is a graduate of Stanford Medical School and Diplomate of American Board of Ophthalmology.  She has teaching position as adjunct clinical professor of Ophthalmology and enjoys mentoring medical students on a regular basis.  She specializes in Laser-assisted cataract surgery, multi-focal and astigmatic lens implants,  and combined cataract and refractive procedures.  She has performed thousands of such procedures.  She is fellowship- trained in facial cosmetic procedures related to the forehead, the eyelids and facial rejuvenation.  Her extensive expertise in cosmetic procedures include: Eyelid surgery( both upper and lower lids), dermal fillers,and Deoxycholic Acid injection for reduction of fat in "double chins".

Dr. Starr also has expertise in treatment of glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy using advanced diagnostics. The office offers a large selection of designer frames and we offer seniors 10% discount for private prescription glasses.

Dr. Starr says...

Cataract, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, management of dry eyes, cosmetic procedures,

Dr. Starr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Starr has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Starr's Board Certifications

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Sarcoidosis

Completed in 1995

• Chinese, Mandarin
  • Farsi
  • Tagalog

Dr. Starr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Starr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology