Dr. Tara Bruce, MD

Dr. Tara Bruce, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |

Dr. Tara Bruce, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Houston, TX. She is 45 years old and has been practicing for 19 years.

OB/GYN Associates PA

7900 Fannin St Ste 4000

Houston, TX 77054

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Bruce

See how frequently Dr. Bruce performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Pain
Osteopenia
Osteoporosis Screening

Dr. Bruce's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Cervical Cancer
  • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Gynecologic Disorders
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Placenta Previa
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregnancy
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Thrombosis

• C-Section
  • Colposcopy
  • Condyloma Destruction
  • Condyloma Fulguration
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC

Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School

Dr. Bruce has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bruce does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bruce and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bruce's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bruce to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Bruce's Performance
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Bruce was not forthcoming about my test results. I had to go to another doctor to find out the truth for my condition. She to this day has not given me full information about what was wrong and the choices I had. She made up in her mind that hysterectomy was the best option. When I did a follow up and told her some natural therapies I was trying with success in relief she NEVER entered them into my patient notes and was very skeptical in her conversation. I would NEVER go back to her.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Bruce is a wonderful doctor. My husband and I are both so thankful we found her! She is smart, trustworthy, compassionate, and funny with a great bedside manner that puts you at ease during some very personal experiences. She and her (also wonderful) nurses guided me through two miscarriages and a healthy pregnancy, and she was the doctor who delivered my daughter. I have already recommended her to family & friends.
Houston, TX |
I was quite sick throughout both of my pregnancies and Dr. Bruce was very attentive and helpful throughout. I felt that she was invested in my case and was willing to work to find solutions for me. I highly recommend her!
in Cypress, TX |
We absolutely loved dr Bruce!! We came in as a potential high risk, late term transfer patient. We realize she did not have to take us on, but she did and made us feel so safe to be in her care from the moment we met her! She is amazing, incredibly intelligent, has great bedside manners, and utilizes her talents in her profession to make you feel completely at peace with her as your Doctor. She just delivered our 3rd baby and it was by far our best experience! We highly recommend her!
in Bay City, TX |
She explains why you understand.
in Houston, TX |
Love this doctor! She is fun enough to put you at ease but not so silly that she lacks professionalism. She takes her time and doesn't rush patients. She answered all my questions, even the stupid ones :o)
in The woodlands, tx |
I love Dr. Bruce. The hospital is another story. Both my children were emergency C-sections. Both times the hospital sent me home claiming I was not in labor. After having to go back later when She was there she kept me and saved both my children's lives. She always listened to me when I said something was wrong and thank god she did or I would have lost both my babies and could have died myself.
Pasadena, TX |
I would NOT recommend dr. Bruce. I had an appointment with her a few years ago when I was in college. While going through my medical history, she got to the section about drinking alcohol and said and you're a college student so I'm assuming you drink alcohol. I told her actually no I don't, I'm waiting until I'm 21 to drink alcohol. She said really??.. And laughed! Then through the whole appointment she was extremely condescending and rude! I left my appointment early and got another Dr.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Bruce is a perfectionist, she knows what she wants, she is very clear and direct, she looks over all the details, she always has the babies and mothers best interest in mind, she dedicates time to each patient never rushing her appointments, she answers any and all questions we may have. I highly trust her knowledge in medicine. She is firm and has high expectations in the hospital nursing staff. I would highly recommend her!
in Houston, Texas |
I liked her, but neither she nor her nurse remembered me at all after seeing me 3 times in 5 weeks. It was literally as if they were meeting me for the first time at every visit. They asked me the same questions each time, the answers to which should have been noted in my chart. As someone who is likely to develop complications in pregnancy, it was just not worth the risk to continue seeing a doctor who could not seem to keep track of who I am and what my past complications are.
in Houston, TX |
I was worried and apprehensive. I am still worried.....but Dr. Bruce helped me feel comfortable and reassured with no fluff or sugar coating with a big helping of respect. I hate the yearly visit but will be a regular participant as long as Dr. Bruce is practicing.
in Houston, TX |
She is really patient and caring.
Have you seen Dr. Tara Bruce, MD?
Are you Dr. Bruce?