Dr. Tara Allmen, MD

GynecologyFemaleAge 56

Dr. Tara Allmen, MD is a Gynecology Specialist in New York, NY. She is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Allmen to book an appointment.

Dr. Allmen

Tara Allmen MD

1056 5th Ave # 1a New York, NY 10028

Dr. Allmen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Allmen

95.96774193548387%

Dr. Allmen

Dr. Allmen is a highly competent doctor. She works from a comprehensive, research-based model with an approach that is warm and humorous. Dr. Allmen is very responsive to my communication and follows-up immediately with pending issues (i.e., prescriptions for diagnostic testing, various referrals, testing results). I've been her patient for three years and plan to remain so!
Oct 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Allmen for almost four years now. She is always professional and extremely knowledgeable about women's midlife experiences. She is very easy to talk to about private subjects and she injects humor into the conversation making it less uncomfortable. Her exams are thorough and gentle which I appreciate. She listens and helps sort out my chronic health issues so I feel very confident that I am in good hands in her care!
Oct 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
I reached out to Dr. Allmen during the pandemic when my doctor of 40 years retired. I never expected such a smooth and easy transition. She is warm, welcoming and extremely smart. Dr. Allmen has a beautiful and immaculate office, there's no wait time, and she is attentive to all of your needs. She takes plenty of time to listen, she's funny and totally understands the uncomfortable dynamic of a women who is experiencing the harsh symptoms of menopause. Her book Menopause Confidential is a must read. It covers everything you need to know about your changing body. I highly recommend Dr. Allmen!
Vicki L – Oct 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr. Allmen is incredibly compassionate and thorough. She came highly recommended by a world renowned bone metabolic specialist. I had early onset osteoporosis. Dr. Allmen has attended to my bone health needs as well as my midlife needs. I live in New Jersey but drive to NYC to get my once annual visit with Dr. Allmen. She is worth the trip.
Sep 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Allmen for the past few year. After reading her book, a must read, I knew she was the professional I needed to see. She is very knowledgable, professional and her humor makes it easy to talk about anything. She takes the time to discuss any issues and questions you have regarding all topics including your overall health. I highly recommend her.
Jul 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr. Allmen is the best! Dr. Allmen's beside manner is old school, which is rare amongst doctors today. She is the consummate professional, very knowledgable in her field. a fantastic listener and she makes your visit extremely pleasant. I would highly recommend her to anyone and she has helped me resolve my hormone / menopause related issues.
Rosie – Jun 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr. Allmen is probably one of the leading experts in the field of menopause and how is affects women. She has a great personality and she is quick witted and that makes it easy to discuss some of the more embarrassing and emotional aspects of being premenopausal or in menopause. Like a lot of women who live In the suburbs I have been to very good physicians, but they aren’t as versed on this topic. So my advice is she is worth the trip. She is extremely responsive to getting back to you. She is easy to arrange an appointment with. She doesn’t Keep you waiting. She wrote a book, it’s on Amazon and you will understand how she makes this relatable and a normal journey .You leave her office feeling renewed and hopeful that you can enjoy your active life.
Sally – May 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr. Tara Allmen is a knowledgeable physician whom I highly recommend. A patient of Dr. Allmen for four years, I could not be happier. I first discovered Dr. Allmen when exploring the possibility of beginning HRT as I was in the early stages of menopause and was experiencing the associated side effects. Dr. Allmen who is an expert in this phase of life, was able to answer my questions and assist me in making the right decisions as I navigated this uncertain time. From the beginning of our work together, I have found Dr. Allmen to be prompt, responsive and thorough. I have never had to wait in her office, and she spends a generous amount of time with me each visit. Dr. Allmen is up-beat, positive and pro-active. Her intelligence and sense of humor make our time together a pleasure. She has opened a new office which is lovely, comfortable and spacious. Office staff is pleasant and helpful. I could not ask for more.
J – May 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
I'm am so happy to find a doctor that focuses on my health concerns and stage of life - and with such a personal and positive touch. Dr. Allmen is responsive, direct and deeply knowledgable. I really feel that I have a trusted partner in my journey through menopause.
May 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Professional office staff, lovely location, clean bright environment. Dr. Allmen is a professional who spends time reviewing all of your history, testing, and problems then addresses solutions where needed. I have been a long time patient.
Marilyn Trapani – Apr 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Allmen's for sixteen years. I have always found her to be a caring and knowledgeable doctor. She takes the time to listen to your issues, evaluate them and give a reasoned solution. Her office is not convenient to my home but I would not switch doctors.
Apr 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Allmen’s for over five years, and I am grateful to have found her. She is extremely knowledgeable and experienced, always accessible for follow up questions and issues, and very responsive. She demystifies menopause and age-related hormonal changes with ease, and she has really helped me to navigate and embrace the various phases with acceptance, confidence, even humor! I highly recommend Dr. Allmen.
Apr 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
I have been Dr. Allmen's patient for several years now and have been very happy with her services. She really takes the time to understand your specific situation and strives to provide you with the best possible solution for your needs. She is punctual, caring, responsive and a pleasure to work with, both in person, as well as in virtual formats!
Alla W. – Mar 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr. Allmen has been my doctor for about 13 years. Even though I have moved from New York I still make time for yearly visits with her. I have tried to see other doctors but her specialty makes her a rare breed that is well worth seeking. I advise others to take advantage. You will be rewarded as I was.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
E. – Mar 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr. Allmen has been my doctor ever since I entered into menopause. She takes ample time to go through all your concerns, and helped me tremendously to actually make this phase in a woman's life manageable and fun! She's very responsive and it is a pleasure to go for an appointment in her beautiful and impeccably clean practice. Can't recommend enough.
Leslie K – Feb 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr. Allmen is very well-informed on the latest treatments and after she put me on low-dose hormone therapy my bone density increased by 10%!
Jan 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Highly recommend Dr Allmen...I’m lucky to have found her. She held my hand thru peri menopause! She listens to how I’m feeling and always performs a thorough exam! She also returns emails and phone calls promptly!
Dec 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr. Allmen has been my gynecologist for several years. I have a more holistic interaction with her in my annual visit that I have with any other health professional all year. She updates me and tracks my general health needs, as well as helping navigate all post-menopausal issues.
Nov 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
I found Dr. Allmen to be very responsive. We chatted over phone and by email prior to and after my appointment. She put my mind greatly at ease when she studied my medical records and heard my concerns and confirmed that I am indeed right smack in Perimenopause and that there is a new normal with irregular periods and new symptoms. She asked that my husband come as well which I loved. Due to two years of intense caregiving for my mother and then her subsequent death I had also gained a lot of weight and was experiencing depression and anxiety. This resulted in a dramatic spike in my blood pressure. She refused to start birth control so I could ride out Peri but she saved my life as I now have a cardiologist and got my BP under control. I thank her so much for that wake up call that started my journey back to health.
  • Appointment was rushed
Margaret – Oct 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr. Tara Allmen helped make menopause a non-event for me!! Menopausal guidance is her specialty. She likes to ask questions and understand you as a whole person. Dr. Allmen has a vast knowledge of all gynecological issues and a very engaging personality. Her appointments run on schedule with minimal time in the waiting room. I absolutely trust her to consider both the big picture and analyze the small details. I also recommend her book, Menopause Confidential. It is a great reference for so many midlife women’s issues and gives a sense of her upbeat humor and personality.
D Stokes – Oct 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Allmen?

I have been devoted to the care of women over 40 for the last 20 years. Once women have completed child bearing, it is time to graduate from the obstetrician's...Read more

Tara Allmen, MD is one of America's leading experts in midlife women's health and author of Menopause Confidential: A Doctor Reveals The Secrets To Thriving...Read more

• Gynecology