Dr. Tara I. Allmen, MD

Dr. Tara I. Allmen, MD

Gynecology | Female | 51 years old

Learn about this Doctor

I have been devoted to the care of women over 40 for the last 15 years. Once women have completed child bearing, it is time to graduate from the obstetrician's office and find a gynecologist with and expertise in perimenopause and menopause! Do not be confused and afraid any longer about this next life journey. www.drallmen.comRead more

Personal Bio

Tara Allmen, MD is one of America's leading experts in midlife women's health. She is a Board Certified Gynecologist and...Read more

Dr. Allmen's Experience

See how Dr. Allmen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Allmen

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Allmen has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Allmen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Allmen to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Allmen
Dr. Allmen's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (38)
in Bronxville, NY |
Dr.Allmen is knowledgeable,honest, easy to understand,practical and funny. A recent health scare had me understandably upset. Dr.Allmen responded immediately. She even found people to respond to my issue on a Friday night! And she checked in all weekend. Wow!
in Bronxville, NY |
Dr. Allmen answered her phone the first time I called and spent a lot of time talking with me about my issues, even though I wasn't her patient at the time. I don't think I've ever had a doctor that generous with their time. She listened carefully and gave me great advice. She I've been in her care, my well-being has improved tremendously.
Westchester area |
My first experience with Dr. Allmen, was when she picked up the phone when I called to schedule an appointment! She resolved my post menopausal issues. My husband and I appreciate the success I've had with all of her recommendations. The only regret I have is that I didn't know about her while I was going through menopause! She listened and asked questions during my visit. Her recommendations helped in a really short time. I recommend her completely!
in New York, NY |
I called to make an appointment, and to my surprise, Dr.Allmen answered the phone. We spoke a bit on the issues that I was experiencing, I made an appointment to see her. At the appointment, there was no wait time, she was knowledgeable, personable and most important very caring. She is awesome, and I am very lucky to have found her.
in Manhattan, NY |
So thankful for the great expertise, kindness, care and straighforward discussions with Dr. TARA Allmen. I always feel ahead of my health and look forward to my annual visit ... Annual visits did not happen "annually" prior to Dr Allmen... So big improvement there also!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Just when I thought I was officially crazy due to out of control menopausal symptoms, Dr. Allmen changed my life. During my initial visit, she spent well over an hour taking my history, asking the right questions, and actually listening to my responses. Her explanations were thorough and actually made sense. This was the first doctor's visit I have had, where I actually felt like I was heard, and I actually left feeling hopeful. She is very responsive to my emails and follows ups quickly.
in Franklin Lakes, NJ |
I began seeing Dr.Allmen two years ago when my menopausal symptoms began to interfere with my day-to-day quality of life. She has been extremely helpful to me, and I could not be more pleased with her knowledge, professionalism, candor and caring nature. She is very responsive to answering questions, both during my visit and any time between visits. She?s personable and her sense of humor is refreshing. I am very grateful to have found Dr. Allmen (so is my husband), and I highly recommend her.
in Vail Codwards, CO |
I have been an extremely satisfied patient of Dr. Allmen for more than 12 years. Not only has she become a friend but has also managed to make the annual check up a most personal and professional experience and has guided me through this new phase of my life with her expertise and professionalism. She is a great listener and always will go to battle for her patients!
in New York, NY |
I have been seeing Dr. Allmen for the last several years after experiencing early onset menopause due to a hysterectomy. It is such a relief to find a doctor that is not only experienced and knowledgable in the issues I'm facing, but who is also extremely caring. She always responds if I reach out to her with a concern. I highly recommend Dr. Allmen.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Allmen has been my gynecologist for ten years. She is a terrific doctor. She takes the time to listen to my specific needs and is proactive and creative in her solutions. I have never had to wait for my appointments. Dr. Allmen is extremely responsive to any questions or concerns I have throughout the year. She is always up-to-date on the latest research and findings in her specialty. As I am now approaching menopause, she has been incredibly helpful in letting me know what to expect.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Allmen is an excellent doctor. She is caring, responsive, detail oriented, disciplined, exact, and even has a good sense of humor. I highly recommend her, especially for women facing menopause.
Greenwich, CT |
Dr. Allmen guided me through surgical menopause in the aftermath of being diagnosed with the BRCA1 gene and undergoing preventive surgery. She thinks outside the box and does everything possible for the individual patient. I highly recommend Dr. Allmen!
Have you seen Dr. Tara I. Allmen, MD?
Are you Dr. Allmen?

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.