Dr. Tara Allmen, MD

Dr. Tara Allmen, MD

Gynecology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Tara Allmen, MD is a gynecology specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 25 years. She graduated from Stony Brook Univ Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine in 1990 and specializes in gynecology and women's health medicine.Read her story

134 E 73rd St

• Excessive Menstrual Bleeding
  • Gynecologic Cancer Screening
  • Heart Disease in Women
  • Hormone Imbalance
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Yeast Infections

I have been devoted to the care of women over 40 for the last 20 years. Once women have completed child bearing, it is time to graduate from the obstetrician's office and find a gynecologist with and expertise in perimenopause and menopause! Do not be confused and afraid any longer about this next exciting Journey.

• Gynecology

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Allmen

Dr. Allmen?
Dr. Allmen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Tara Allmen, MD
Dr. Allmen quite literally saved me. She truly cares about her patients and takes the time to get to know their healthy history, challenges and current concerns, and then works diligently with patients to map out a customized plan of action. While I was half way around the world and had some concerns and questions about a treatment plan, I emailed her and much to my surprise, she responded almost immediately. Even though it was 6am on Saturday morning in NY, she cared enough about me and my health to call me and discuss everything with me for half an hour. I couldn't believe it! No doctor has ever done that for me. She really went above and beyond the call of duty, and her expert advice has helped prevent an unpleasant fate that I once thought was unavoidable. She's truly amazing. And her book Menopause Confidential is absolutely brilliant and has taught me so much. She's incredible!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Kind and to the point. Much needed advice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
It is impossible to overstate what Dr. Allmen, with her experience, knowledge, brilliance (and humor), has done for me since I began menopause. Before you see her, you have to read her incredible book- Menopause Confidential; and she is even better in person! Everything Dr. Allmen advised me to do worked as she predicted. And, she is always on call to answer questions by email or phone. It is so sad that there are not other doctors like her, but there probably couldn't be. She is that good.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr. Allmen is one of those doctors that still starts every consultation with a conversation about you, and what is going on with your body. Three years after moving to Florida I still travel to New York to see Dr. Allmen, she truly is irreplaceable for me. Sent from my iPad
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr. Allmen is my absolute favorite doctor! She is responsive, professional, extremely informative, and her"can-do" approach to any issue is refreshing and beyond helpful!!! She looks at the whole patient and understands that all parts of the body are important to consider in being healthy!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
I started seeing Dr. Allmen for menopause-related complaints several years ago. It was a breath of fresh air to have a doctor take my symptoms seriously, and help me find the right course of hormone replacement therapy to alleviate mood swings and low libido. Moreover, Dr. Allmen is easy to talk to, witty, and makes the OB/GYN visit actually a fun experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
My first visit with any GYN was 51 years ago, so I've seen quite a few. By far, Dr.Allmen is my absolute favorite! Over the past 20 years she has helped me thru menopause, ovarian cysts, & all the everyday issues of being a woman of a certain age. I'm not just a collection of lady parts to her, I'm a person. She's concerned about my heart, brain, colon, sleep, exercise, etc. A few years ago shewrote a book, Menopause Confidential, which I recommend to all women & the men who care about them
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Having worked with Dr. Allmen for many years now, I cannot say enough to recommend her if you are looking for a doctor who doesn’t ever keep you waiting, treats you like a person, not just a patient, is incredibly bright and knowledgeable, available anytime via email, and is generally just easy to talk to about any issue you may have.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
I’ve been seeing Dr. Allmen for about 4 years now. I value her expertise as a gynecologist but also her guidance on overall health is a major plus. She also takes time to get to know you and your lifestyle. I’m very happy that I was able to find her. I would also highly recommend her book.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr Allmen has guided my health through many years menopause- have complete trust in her! Have never scheduled an urgent appt. but always easy for my yearly check up.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr Allmen is always highly informed, clear, practical, positve, careful, and kind. I would recommend her without hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr. Allmen went above and beyond to help me. I was a new patient, had not even met her yet, but she heard the urgency in my email and came in to meet me the next day on a holiday . She knew right away how to help me. She is AMAZING!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
After a long search for a smart gynecologist specializing in menopause issues, I'm grateful to have found Dr. Allmen. She is extremely knowledgable, always up to date, takes the time to explain pros and cons, and was willing to make a call to my hematologist and present 'my case' at a conference before we decided on a treatment plan. She takes the time to prep so she knows who you are before you walk into her office for an appointment, will speak with you in depth...plus, she's fun and charming.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr.Allmen is always up to date on all matters concerning post menopause. I take her advice and apply it to my life. She is fun and funny too And of course smart and well educated Maureen
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
I’ve been seeing Dr. Allmen for 3 years now. She is extremely knowledgeable and has helped me tremendously. She really cares about her patients and takes the time to get to know you. Her advice is genuine concern for your overall health, not only GYN care. As an added bonus she has an amazing sense of humor and makes you feel super comfortable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Very conscientious and personable. Takes the anxiety from doctor visit .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr. Allmen is the BEST Dr. for an older woman. I am 75 years old and thanks to her I not only look 50 ===But I also have a terrific sex life. If you're looking for someone who understands the specific needs of older women===You need look no further......
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr. Allmen is incredibly responsive and accessible. Really important!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
I found out about Dr. Allmen by reading her book. I decided I wanted to become a patient for I knew that her approach and humor in regard to all things menopause was just what I needed. She is smart, and compassionate and did I mention funny. I have never experienced the service I have received by Dr. Allmen by another doctor. If I could give 10 starts I would.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tara Allmen, MD?
Dr. Allmen has simply been Godsend in this sea of mismanaged healthcare system. I have not seen a doctor that gives so much importance to the "patient" rather than blindly following the system. She focuses on addressing the medical issues and has helped my Mom revive from a severe episode of anemia that she has been suffering for years. My mom always says "Dr. Allmen gave me my life back." She is very accessible through phone and emails and I have never seen this dedication with any other doctor
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Allmen?