Dr. Tapan Daftari, MD

Dr. Tapan Daftari, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Tapan Daftari, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Kennesaw, GA. He is 52 years old.

270 Chastain Rd NW

Kennesaw, GA 30144

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Daftari

See how frequently Dr. Daftari performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Herniated Disc
Intervertebral Disc Disease
Chronic Neck Pain

Dr. Daftari's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Daftari "Our mission is to provide excellent, patient-focused and comprehensive musculoskeletal care to the Atlanta community and surrounding areas."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Northwestern University
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Emory University
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Emory University
  • William Beaumont Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Daftari has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Daftari does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Daftari and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Daftari's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Daftari to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Daftari's Performance
in Acworth |
There is no other doctor I respect more than Dr. Daftari. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. I have often said that I would not necessarily recommend a surgical solution for all spine issues; however, if that is the recommend path, it should only be done by Dr. Daftari. My husband needed many different procedures over several years and each were done with care and precision.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Dr. Daftari with us!
in Talking Rock, GA |
Dr Daftari is a highly skilled surgeon and a caring individual. I had a cervical discectomy with fusion, and I must say that I was a little scared about the surgery. Dr Daftari took the time to explain the procedure while showing me the x-rays, thus allaying my fears. The surgery went well, so much better than expected, which has improved the quality of my life tremendously. I think that he, his surgical team and his office staff are simply the best.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we are thrilled to hear that you had a great outcome!
in Woodstock, GA |
Excellent surgeon with a comfortable bedside manner. The entire office was easy to deal with and always eager to make sure that my mom was well cared for. Everyone went the extra mile to fully explain every detail of the procedure and answer any questions or concerns that we had. Scheduling or changing appointments was an easy process as well.
in Marietta, GA |
>Large herniated disc at L4/L5 that had been causing problems (leg nerve pain) for over 2 years. Had surgery (laminectomy and discectomy) almost 3 months ago and have been very happy with the result. Would and will go back to Daftari if I ever have back problems again in the future.
in Marietta, GA |
Dr. Daftari is honest and caring about his patients and his staff. He makes sure that you understand everything. He has a sense of humor. In my experience of Doctors I would highly recommend him to family friends and anybody that is looking for a doctor that will listen to them. And let me tell you about his wonderful staff always polite. anytIme you have a question send it through your portal the doctor or the nurses get back to you. keep up the great work. Tracy Reil
in Kennesaw, GA |
When I heard the "S" word, (surgery), I cried until after surgery. Maybe even during. But Dr. Daftari and his PA Jeff tried everything to assure me it was going to be okay and this was the best route. They didn't sugar coat anything and I thank them for that because it prepared me for the road ahead and helped me to set realistic goals. For anyone second guessing their decision, listen to the license professional and do exactly as they tell you. The sooner the better. Better relief and healing!
in Kennesaw, GA |
On May of 2016 I was in car accident that left me with an awful pain on my neck . A pain I had never experience before. My primary doctor referred me to see Dr.Daftari. After an evaluation of my pain he suggested to do a Cervical fusion, he explained the procedure and I went for it. March 13th was the best day of my life. Thanks to Dr. Daftari and his staff for all the care.
Dr.Daftari is the best surgeon I could've have ever asked for. My case was a workmans comp case and Dr.Daftari fought very hard for me to get the treatment and surgery I desperately needed. We fought for a year and I finally received my surgery. I could not have imagined I would have felt this good so soon after my surgery. Thanks to him I'm now walking straight again and pain free. He is absolutely a doctor who cares about his patients!!
in Canton,Georgia |
Dr. Daftari was great! He explained the procedure and what I could expect for recovery. I had disc replacement and fusion. I was pain free when I left the hospital.
in Marietta |
Dr. Daftari and his staff, especially his PAs Jeff and Ken are awesome. The took the time to explain the surgical procedure what to expect and the rehab after surgery.
in Woodstock, GA |
My experience with Dr. Daftari is a very positive one. I had sciatica so servers that I could hardly walk. My surgery was supposed to be a somewhat simple procedure. To my surprise it turned out to be considerably more serious. Dr. Daftari did a wonderful job and he and his staff stuck with me during the recovery process. Recovery was not easy And many things cropped up that I did not understand since this was my first major surgery experience. He and his staff were always availble to help.
in Marietta, GA |
Dr. Daftari saved my life. When I injured my back at work, my whole life changed. Dr. Daftari treated me for almost two years: injections, PT, and ultimately a Lumbar Fusion. Before my surgery I could never imagine a day without pain, but here I am, now 4 years later, in a new career, walking around, even hiking and enjoying my life again. Dr. Daftari treated me with such compassion and actually healed me. I will be forever grateful.
in Kennesaw, GA |
I have had the privilege of having Dr. Tapan Daftari as my surgeon on Three separate occasions. There is no one else I would trust but him. He is incredibly thorough; super talented, and trustworthy. I know that I have a brighter future now that Dr. Daftari has put my spine back together the way God intended.
in Dallas, GA |
2 major spinal surgeries with Dr Daftari - Cervical and Lumbar fusion. He was very detailed about the risks, outcome expectations and success rate of each of the surgeries. In each of the cases it worked wonderfully and I am no longer in constant pain. I highly recommend Dr Daftari and his wonderful staff!
in Douglasville, GA |
Excellent care. Truly concerned for my well being. wonderful and excellent staff. Never experienced any issues. All around great. Without a doubt if needed in the future i would be back and highly recommend Dr. Daftari.
in Marietta, GA |
Outstanding care and results. Multiple major surgeries with excellent results. Would travel from anywhere to have this doctor and staff.
Woodstock, GA |
Double lower lumbar fusion. Excellent surgeon, thankful I chose him after 2 other consults. He is the best!
Have you seen Dr. Tapan Daftari, MD?

Visit Dr. Daftari