Dr. Tanya Adams, DO

Dr. Tanya Adams, DO

Family Medicine  |
Dr. Tanya Adams, DO is a family medicine doctor who practices in East Setauket, NY. She is 49 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Read her story

100 N Country Rd Ste 1

East Setauket, NY 11733

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Adams

Dr. Adams' Experience

Dr. Adams' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

Dr. Adams' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Adams "Based in East Setauket, New York, Dr. Tanya Adams provides family medicine and other services to nearby residents. Serving both East Setauket and Stony Brook, NY, she has treated many patients in the area and is proud to be regarded as one of the leading doctors in the region. She is both licensed and board-certified in New York state, and she's highly respected by many of her peers in the medical field. Dr. Adams has been treating patients in East Setauket for 14 years, during which time she's both come to love the people who live in the area and understand their needs. She's proud to be a member of the community and grateful that she can serve the residents of the region. At her state-of-the-art practice, Dr. Adams offers a variety of services and treatments, including: family medicine facial rejuvenation patient wellness preventative medicine As her services show, Dr. Adams remains current on the latest advancements in family medicine and other specialties. Although she finished medical school more than a decade ago, she continues to learn and study new developments in her field. Because of this discipline, she's able to offer some of the latest treatment options, especially in growing fields such as medicinal marijuana and opioid addiction. Dr. Adams enjoys the variety of patients she sees at her practice. She's pleased to be able to offer well visits, sick appointments and cosmetic procedures to residents of East Setauket, Stony Brook, and other nearby communities. For more information regarding our services, please call our office."

• Cosmetic Medicine

Dr. Adams does not have any board certifications listed.

• Emphysema

• Restylane® Injections
  • Vaccination
  • Well Baby Care
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for New York.

• New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine, New York Institute Of Technology
    Medical School | Graduated 2000

Dr. Adams has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Adams has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Adams does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Adams and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Adams' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Adams to family and friends
2.2
Dr. Adams' Performance
Rocky Point, NY |
Horrible doctor. All she cares about is her facial rejuvenation practice. Doesn’t care about her regular patients. When I expressed my frustration about her to another doctor, he told me his wife felt the same way and was going to another doctor. I know MANY of her former patients that have moved on to more informed and caring doctors.
Port Jefferson, NY |
I've been going to Dr. Adams for 10 years now and I find her to be a very sensible and caring doctor. She also has excellent supporting staff. I recommend here highly. I have never had the long waits that a couple of reviewers have noted.
East setauket |
Wait time is high because she's in very high demand. I go there to see her - and I'm glad I'm not being pawned off into some other doctors schedule. She's very pleasant, comforting and intelligent! She's done an overhaul with her office. New location and a new staff and everyone is very accommodating & genuinely concerned for your health. The office is spotless also! I'm proud to call her my dr and I refer my friends and family to her as well because I know I'm in good hands under her care.
Smithtown, NY |
Wish I had read reviews before I was subjected to 2 hour wait times and untrustworthy care. Was in need of a PCP, wanted a DO for more holistic approach. Got meds thrown at me instead. One gave bad side effects. I called for a new script and got one that had been recalled twice in 2016. No thanks. When I had concerns about another drug I wanted to stop taking I was made to feel like I was overreacting. I only had 2 visits and my gut told me "never again."
Selden, NY |
Two hours at minimum is the average wait time to see this doctor, whose office staff are amazingly rude (medication refills, even non-controlled substances, involve multiple follow-ups due to her "policy" of not accepting pharmacist requests for refills). In addition to touting her expertise in cosmetic procedures, the doctor's website now claims that she is a "leading addiction specialist." Unfortunately, the doctor is more a marketing specialist than anything else.
in Stony Brook |
Kind & Caring Dr., staff very helpful ( especially Denise )
New York, NY |
Dr Adams takes the time to get to know her patients, establish trust and build a relationship with them. That's rare these days. Her staff is knowledgeable and professional as well.
in Port Jefferson Station, NY |
I've been a patient of Dr. Adams for over ten years. I'm comfortable discussing anything with her. She pays attention, she listens. Dr Adams spends time with her patients. She has taken the time to help me regarding insurance and prescription headaches. When I get a little perturbed at the office wait, (it's usually not so bad), I remind myself that I am not her only patient. I enjoy her sense of humor. Most importantly she's helped keep me in good health.
in Pt. Jeff |
First time I went to the office for a flu shot, I was there 4 hours. I called for an appointment for a ear ache. I was told they could give me an appointment in 6 weeks What kind of doctor makes a patient with an ear ache wait 6 weeks? A few months later I received a bill for a missed appointment. What appointment? I went to STAT. When I called billing I was told i'll look into it. 2 weeks later they called back and said it was a mistake, I don't have to pay the bill.
Setauket, Ny |
This is a very poor dr, so many "pain" patient that are actually drug addicates. She dose not take time to listen to your health issues. Her staff which they can't seem to keep such high turn over, are so rude and unfriendly. She had made so many mistakes on my medication which is the reason for leaving the practice. As well as not want to be in a lobby filled with drug addicates. Don't go to this Dr!
in Centereach |
Dr is real nice and staff is always cool to deal with I don't see why the bad comments on here I've been coming here over 1yr and I come 1 x a month
in Medford, NY |
One of the best doctors offices I have ever been to.The staff were very friendly and informative.The doctor explained each medications dosage,use and possible side effects or alternative prescriptions.I left with a full understanding of the course of action that ls ahead.very pleased.
St James, NY |
Very very pleased! Dr Adams listened to me heard me and was very kind. There was an issue the following day regarding my treatment but the doctor called me right away!! Dashieka in her office was very helpful as well. Dr Adams is one of the few doctors that calls patients babk herself and stands behind her work!!!
in Port Jefferson, NY |
She is really a horror to deal with. She can be nasty. She cares more about her cosmetic procedures(botox, fillers, etc.) Her staff is nasty. It's difficult to get them to answer the phone. You wait forever in the waiting room, and then again once in the examination room. They really need to get their stuff together. She is the worst.
in Smithtown, NY |
What a joke of a doctor and a practice, I've never been more mad and infuriated by a doctor. Someone with a license to give people medications to make them better but just shoves horrible and addictive substances their way instead of less harmful alternatives. And don't even fathom questioning her ways or opinions or asking her for a referral to outside help, she'll just talk down to you and continue to make you wait hours for horrible assistance. Couldn't say one positive about the practice.
in Setauket, NY |
I can't believe these reviews. I have been with Dr. Adams for two years and I couldn't be happier with her performance. Just recently, she spent weeks trying to help me jump through a dozen hoops trying to get my insurance co to pay for my medicine. I called about 20x with 1 problem after another with getting this med, & while I was beyond frustrated, she and her staff kindly did everything I asked with a smile. She's smart and compassionate. I highly recommend her to care for your health.
in Setauket, NY |
No problem with the Dr. Or the great NPs that work there. The front desk personnel is awful. They talk loudly, saying nasty things about patients. Not to mention the language.
Dr. Adams isn't friendly, sympathetic and the wait time to see her is over an hour and a half I was there and the staff is the furthest thing from professional do yourself a favor and look for another dr
in East Setauket, NY |
Very difficult staff to work with. You spend more time waiting to b e seen than being cared for. Care is hurried and ill explained by the doctor. It seems they are more than happy to write a prescription for you than to take the time to do a thorough exam. Never mind trying to get an appointment on short notice. Run don't walk to another doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Tanya Adams, DO?
Are you Dr. Adams?

See our Family Medicine Specialists at NYU Winthrop Hospital

Visit Dr. Adams

Dr. Adams accepts 20 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
  • CoreSource
    Emblem Health
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
    Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
  • Locals (any local)
  • MagnaCare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Meritain Health