Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD

PsychiatryMale

Psychiatry

Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Tamarac, FL. Dr. Sobhan has extensive experience in Psychotic Disorders, Addiction & Substance Abuse, and Neurodevelopmental Disorders. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Delray Medical Center and HCA Florida Woodmont Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD

Compass Health Systems, PA

7481 W Oakland Park Blvd Ste 100 Tamarac, FL 33319 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Compare with other Psychiatry Specialists

Compare Dr. Sobhan with our nearby Psychiatry Specialists at HCA Florida Westside Hospital.

Make an appointment at HCA Florida Westside Hospital today at (954) 645-8026.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Florida Westside Hospital.

Dr. Sobhan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sobhan

2.7

Consistently provided what I needed
I have been a patient with Compass Health for several years now. While every physician’s office has their administrative hiccups, when it comes down to patient care, Dr. Sobhan consistently provided what I needed. I am moving out of state within a matter of days and just had my last appointment with Dr. S. and am proud that he’s helped me through some major life changes. The pandemic wasn’t easy for anyone and certainly, with the help of Compass and Dr. S., I know I’m OK and life is good. I would highly recommend Dr. Sobhan - he’s kind and attentive and should I ever move back to the state, Compass Health would be my provider again, no doubt. Thank you, Compass Health, for everything. I know I wasn’t always easy-going, but your compassion has been priceless.
VRR – Mar 30, 2022
Excellent Service
Dr. Sobhan listen to my stress and sleep issues, prescribed the medication I needed and in 2 weeks I felt like born again person. My family life and work life has improved tremendously.
HM – Mar 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD?
I was suffering from depression and not able to sleep at night and having problems concentration at work and family members.
SherH – Mar 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD?
It was pleasant . Dr Sobhan gave me enough time to express my anxieties. He was very professional. Went extra mile to take of me .
Sid Rahman – Mar 21, 2022
Attentive and Knowledgeable!
Dr. Sobhan has been my doctor for over ten years. Throughout the years, I personally had gone through a lot in my life and he was there every step of the way, treating me from depression to ADHD. He has been very thorough and attentive with my diagnosis and treatments. Depression medication is usually trial and error for most people, he knew the right one for me and needless to say, he not only saved my life but turned my entire life around and then carefully got me off of them a few years later. ADHD also is trial and error for some people, he knew exactly what brand and dosage to prescribe. Dr. Sobhan is knowledgeable, careful, attentive and most importantly a trustworthy doctor and I highly recommend him!
Daiyaan – Mar 18, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD?
I have seen Dr Sobhan both in inpatient and outpatient settings. He is very knowledgeable and professional. His depth of understanding complicated psychiatric med regimen is outstanding. He cuts through all of the extra noises and gets directly to the issue at hand without wasting a lot of time and I like that. He does take time to listen to my concerns. He also explains to me why he is prescribing the medicine the way he is, and also why he was not prescribing some that I thought he should have. During follow-up visits if I am not doing well he takes the extra time talking to me and I never feel pressured. I am finally on a med regimen that works for me and I would recommend this Dr Sobhan to anyone.
Mar 17, 2022
Wonderful doctor
Dr sobhan is attentive, caring and brilliant. He is research minded hence he looks at options for his CV patients. He is a true gentleman and always very polite. I would recommend him to anyone.
Sab – Mar 16, 2022
Yes absolutely
He is a good listener. Take time to understand patients issues . Very articulate . Sincere and give full attention to the patient .
Mahmuda Rahman – Mar 13, 2022
Very helpful
Dr Sobhan has been my doctor for a long time and I highly recommend him. Especially when I was at my worst, I knew he was always there to help me to make things right again. He knows more, and cares more, than any of my previous psychiatrists.
Mar 12, 2022
Horrible, unacceptable scammer
Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD?
Dr. Sobhan is very knowledgeable. He basically saved my daughter's life from a severe mental illness. Now, i got to enjoy going shopping and talking to my daughter who i love so deeply. Thank you doc!
Marie Flora – Oct 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD?
It’s ur name that’s why it went so well.
Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD?
Dr subhan tanveer, very friendly and professional Dr. I am going to take my wife every month to fallow up.
Babar awan – Jun 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD?
Dr. Sobhan is a great physician. He’s highly trained and has a warm disposition. I highly recommend him and the entire Compass Health Team.
Grateful- – May 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD?
forget trying to call "the office" its now 33 mins and waiting . the good dr. called me yesterday and said he is calling in my scripts. NEVER HAPPENED. the typical wait to see a dr. or p.a. is over 1 hr. the waiting room is like from "one flew over the co-co`s nest" i am bi-polar and very agitated and out of meds. (bad combo) if you enjoy being treated like cattle being led to the slaughter, compass is for you. oh ! its now 40 mins and holding , who`s the dummy
May 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD?
Terrible doctor. Dr. Sobhan seems as though he always comes in late for work. If you make an appointment to see him, you, and all of his other patients that he’s packed into the waiting room like sardines, won’t see him until an hour or so later. When you do see him, if he’s in that day, it’ll only be for 5 minutes at MOST. Dr. Sobhan will ask me a question then cut me off while I’m speaking. I’ve been going there over year, and he still doesn’t even remember my name. As someone who suffers from anxiety and depression, I recommend going to psychiatrist who will make you feel like a person that matters and not just another nameless client.
Apr 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD?
Dr. Sobhan is a board certified psychiatrist. That said, he leaves a lot to be desired. He only spends 5 minutes with me for our appointments, he doesn't listen to what I have to say, and the office staff is not friendly. I don't recommend him.
FL – Jun 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD?
Absolute nightmare. Long waits, rude staff, less than 5 minutes with a P.A. In short, a badly run pill mill. No one there cares. Waited 2 hours first time, 2+ second time. There will be no third time.
Kathi C. in Boynton Beach, FL – Feb 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD?
Absolutely TERRIBLE! I'm going to post negative reviews on every site I can find. I waited 2 hours in your office on Oakland Park only to finally see a PA. NO one mentioned that, the Dr. with whom I made the appointment wasn't even in. They insisted I use there in house pharmacy, medzdirect, and promised my meds the following day. They never came. Trying to get through to the office took 4 tries over an hour. They never sent in the prescriptions! Now I can't get them to do a darn thing!
Oakland Park, FL – Jan 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD?
he only spent five minutes with me I ran out of my insurance and told him I would need a 60 day refill for my bipolar medication he basically told me no now I’m out of medication and feeling terrible pretty good doctor to leave you without medication knowing you’re bipolar I don’t think he cares at all about his patients !!!!he is a perfect example of how our country gave up on mental Health .!!!!! I completely feel this office is only to make money not treat patients. One word malpractice
Mia – Nov 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sobhan?

• Psychiatry

University Of Al Hospital

• Bengali

What other Psychiatry Specialists practice nearby?

Click here to compare with other Psychiatry Specialists.

Does Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Sobhan has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

What are Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Sobhan frequently treats Psychotic Disorders, Addiction & Substance Abuse, and Neurodevelopmental Disorders. See all practice areas where Dr. Sobhan specializes.

Where is Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD's office located?

Dr. Sobhan's office is located at 7481 W Oakland Park Blvd Ste 100, Tamarac, FL 33319. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages does Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD speak?

Dr. Sobhan speaks Bengali and English. View profile to see all.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Tanveer Sobhan, MD?

1 malpractice claim Found
  • Settlement (1/20/2021)View details

Frequently Treated by Dr. Sobhan

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Sobhan treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Sobhan treats other conditions, please contact the office at (888) 852-6672.

Psychotic Disorders

Psychotic disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that cause severe mental symptoms and disconnection from reality, such as schizophrenia, delusional disorder, and substance-induced psychosis.Compare with other Psychotic Disorders specialists.

Dr. Sobhan is experienced in the area of Psychotic Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
Schizoaffective Disorder
Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
Psychosis

Addiction & Substance Abuse

Addiction and substance abuse specialists diagnose and treat people who have become physically dependent or addicted to drugs and alcohol through treatments including counseling, detoxifcation, inpatient rehabilitation, and medication.Compare with other Addiction & Substance Abuse specialists.

Dr. Sobhan is experienced in the area of Addiction & Substance Abuse. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

Tobacco Use Disorder
Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
Nondependent Marijuana Abuse

Neurodevelopmental Disorders

Compare with other Neurodevelopmental Disorders specialists.

Dr. Sobhan is experienced in the area of Neurodevelopmental Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures

ADHD and-or ADD
Conduct Disorder
Autism

General Mental Health Disorders & Therapy

General mental health includes management, treatment and prevention of mental illness through risk factor screenings, counseling, group therapy, and wellness support.Compare with other General Mental Health Disorders & Therapy specialists.

Dr. Sobhan is experienced in the area of General Mental Health Disorders & Therapy. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 41 conditions and procedures

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Anorexia
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Autism
  • Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Cognitive Function Testing
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Confusion
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Nondependent Hallucinogen Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Dr. Sobhan accepts

Dr. Sobhan accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter