Oculoplastic Surgery  |
Dr. Tanuj Nakra, MD
Dr. Nakra was born in London, England and raised in St. Louis. He graduated with top honors from Washington University in St. Louis with an Honors Biology degree and minor in Fine Arts. His medical training was at Rush Medical College in Chicago, where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha honors society for top medical graduates. He then moved to Los Angeles for ophthalmology residency and oculofacial plastics fellowship training at UCLA, with extensive training in a Beverly Hills private practice. With a special interest in aesthetics, he completed an additional cosmetic surgery fellowship in Santa Monica. Along the way, he received the award for the resident with the highest surgical skills as well as several teaching awards. Dr. Nakra then served as a faculty member at UCLA and built a private practice in Santa Barbara until he moved his family to Austin to join TOC Eye and Face in 2008.Dr. Nakra has a special interest in research and teaching. He has published over 30 articles and book chapters in oculoplastic and cosmetic surgery. He directs national courses on oculoplastic and cosmetic surgery. He is frequently invited to lecture, and has been a featured and keynote speaker at meetings in the USA, India, China, Korea, Australia, and New Zealand. He has also traveled to Guatemala to volunteer his skills in reconstructive surgery for children. Dr. Nakra is certified by both the American Board of Ophthalmology and the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. He also serves on the Board of Directors for the Cosmetic Surgery Foundation.Dr. Nakra has many interests outside medicine, including a passion for drawing, painting and sculpture. He also is an accomplished guitar and bass guitar performer. Dr. Nakra was a celebrity dancer for Dancing with the Stars – Austin in 2012. By far, his favorite pastime is spending time with his wife and two children.

TOC Eye and Face

3705 Medical Pkwy Ste 120

Austin, TX 78705

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Meritain Health

Learn about Dr. Nakra

To provide exemplary orbito-facial plastic surgery care with scientific rigor and innovative artistic vision

Dr. Nakra's Experience

Dr. Nakra's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Oculoplastic Surgery

• Blocked Tear Duct
  • Cataract
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Deviated Septum
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Eyes

• Enucleation of Eye
  • Eye Surgery
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Ocular Prosthetics

• UCLA Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • UCLA Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Nakra has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nakra does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nakra and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nakra's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nakra to family and friends
Dr. Nakra's Performance
in Austin |
Amazingly patient during all my questioning and as a Nurse I have a long list. I have a chronic eyelid condition that I wouldn't trust any other Physician to treat!
in Marble Falls, TX |
Dr Nakra did great work on lifting my eyebrows and eyelids.
in Pendleton, TX |
Dr. Nakra was very knowledgeable, listening and answering all questions. I would recommend him highly. Wade L. Knight, M.D.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Dr. Nakra and his staff were professional yet warm and friendly. I was always treated kindly by them in person and by phone. The results of the eyelid procedure are excellent. My appearance is better but more importantly, my eyesight and peripheral vision have improved significantly. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Nakra to others seeking this procedure.
in Austin, TX |
My daughter underwent some pretty complicated surgeries for her eye and being under Dr. Nakra's care made us feel at ease. He has the best bedside manner and really takes the time to explain everything in detail. He is exceptional at what he does and I would highly recommend him to anyone requiring the expertise of an oculoplastic surgeon.
AUSTIN,TEXAS |
DR. NAKRA WAS RECOMMENDED BY MY DERMATOLOGIST. HE IS EXCELLENT. VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE, INFORMATIVE, AND WONDERFUL 'BEDSIDE MANNER'. HIS WORK WAS EXCELLENT AND MY RECOVERY WENT VERY WELL. I WOULD GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN WITHOUT HESITATION.
Austin, TX |
Dr. Nakra is did a fabulous job on my eyelids and brows, he is a pro and very kind.
Mississauga, ON |
Dr. Nakra was an absolute pleasure. His knowledge in his field combined with his practical advice, suggestions and expectations were very refreshing. In addition to him making me feel 100% confident and comfortable with the procedure and overall results, his kind, caring demeanor made me feel like he was truly invested in my overall results. If I had any questions, concerns or hesitations, he took the time to explain and reassure me with anything that I needed clarification or assurance with. I
Temple, TX |
Front Desk is very rude more concerned with insurance information than patient care will not refer to them again
in Pittsburgh pa |
I flew down from PA to see Dr Nakra after a dr in greensburg PA butchered my eyes by removing too much skin, fat and the muscle from my lower eyelids, disfiguring my entire looks and face. I have consulted the nation's leading ocular surgeons and dr Nakra gave me the most thorough best consult, explaining what happened to why and how my eyes became botched and the solution to the problems I have from this overly aggressive surgery I rec from a PS in PA.
McAllen, TX |
Very pleased with Dr. Nakra from beginning to end. He was thorough and very patient with my many questions and concerns. I had ptosis repair and lower blepharoplasty with fat transposition, I am overjoyed with my results.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Nakra is an amazing doctor. He is extremely knowledgable and a sought after speaker/expert around the globe. I had a bad experience and results with a previous plastic surgeon and came to Dr. Nakra upon recommendations from my eye doctor. He was so kind and caring and prepared a step by step plan to correct the damage inflicted by the previous doctor. He was always available to me for questions or concerns. Dr. Nakra did a great job and I am extremely happy with the results!
in TX |
I highly recommend Dr Nakra to anyone! He is very patient and happy to answer questions. I couldn't be happier with the outcome of the procedures he performed. My hairdresser saw me 4 weeks after the surgery and questioned whether I had it done or not . . . she said I looked well rested but not "done", and definitely not 'overdone'.
in Round Rock , Tx |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Nakra Very professional, but comfortable to talk with. The procedure he did on me was excellent and I knew exactly what to expect . Very happy with everything . .
Dr. Nakra was the fourth plastic surgeon I consulted with. He was the only one that said a facelift was not necessary, so we refreshed my face instead! Lower bleph to get rid of bags below eyes, full face laser resurfacing and fat transfer. No dramatic changes, but I look incredibly healthy and much, much more youthful. The laser resurfacing reduced the appearance of my pores and smoothed out my complexion. His lower bleph and fat transfer techniques made a huge difference.
in Austin, TX |
Very professional. Listened to my needs and very supportive. I am so pleased with the improvement in my eyes not only cosmetically but this surgery has improved my ability to see without feeling the need to actually physically lift my eyelids up at times. Highly recommend Dr. Nakra.
in Austin, TX |
I treated myself to a facelift. I'd paid college educations for my kids, paid off my house and was without debt. I looked tired and weary, in fact with the before surgery photos, I looked matronly without vitality. I took good care of my skin, I thought, but the effects after surgery are dramatic. I'm a licensed perioperative nurse (OR) and never thought I'd trust a surgeon with my face. I'm grateful for Dr Nakara's conservative approach with his goal for a natural look. Amazing work.
in Austin, TX |
I am familiar with most procedures (Fillers, Botox, IPL, Ulthera, Chemical peels) along with a diligent at home skincare plan (20 years of Ca. sun damage to correct). Still, all of it did nothing to tighten my jaw line. Dr. Nakra's treatment plan included a full face fat transfer (taken from my lower abdomen) lower face lift and TCA chemical peel around my eyes. I couldn't be happier with the natural results and will continue to trust him with all my surgery needs going forward.
Have you seen Dr. Tanuj Nakra, MD?
Are you Dr. Nakra?

Visit Dr. Nakra

Dr. Nakra accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Choice
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Meritain Health