Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD

Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD

Hip & Knee OrthopedicsFemaleAge 51

Hip & Knee Orthopedics

Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD is a Orthopedic Hip & Knee Surgery Specialist in Nashville, TN. She is affiliated with medical facilities Tristar Centennial Medical Center and Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital Midtown. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Office Hours

closed

Sun

Office
closed
Connect with a call center representative 24/7 to request an appointment.

Nashville Hip Institute

Nashville Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center2004 Hayes St Ste 100 Nashville, TN 37203
    • Sat: closed

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Ferguson is affiliated with Tristar Centennial Medical Center Nashville, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for orthopedic surgery.

• Practices at Top Hospital America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement Award™ See hospitals

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Tristar Centennial Medical Center

Dr. Ferguson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ferguson

Dr. Ferguson

Hip Replacement
Dr. Ferguson fractured my hip in 2018 during my hip replacement which was needed due to a car accident. I continued to have pain and never fully recovered.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Donna Owens Gibson – May 18, 2022
Hip replacement surgery
I was so well taken care of that I felt as though it was a spa day. Dr. Ferguson is special person and a gifted surgeon. Glad my PT recommended her.
Kathy – Mar 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
My wife has had both hips replaced by Dr. Ferguson. She is an excellent surgeon and person. Highly skilled. Compassionate listener. Caring physician. We can highly recommend her.
Reid Ribble – Aug 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
She is a great Doctor. Every appointment and surgery she done went great. I highly recommend.
Apr 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
1. I have suffered my ENTIRE life with hip pain!! I had my first hip surgery at 12yrs old and for years that surgery reduced my pain; however by the time I hit my 30's the pain returned...10x worse!! After a few years of trying any and everything from diet, exercise, to seeing a chiropractor nothing relieved the pain. I finally decided it was time for a more invasive approach and a coworker recommended Dr. Ferguson. She told me how highly a friend of hers' spoke of Dr. Ferguson. I spoke with Dr. Ferguson in March 2020 and she explained my options as she sensed I was SUPER nervous about having surgery, I decided to get a cortisol shot to see how that would work. The shot helped and lasted for about one month. At my follow up I decided now is the time and waiting would not change anything. After setting my surgery date of May 2020, Dr. Ferguson and her team were great about explaining what to expect before and after surgery. Now that the surgery has been done...I do not regret it!
Kanesha – Jul 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
Dr. Ferguson performed 3 separate surgeries, during one operation, on our daughter. She is an amazing doctor and explained procedures during a consultation and also personally, about the outcome, to us after the operation. During the 8-hour surgery she also had the nurses call us every hour, with brief details, which gave us as parents a great feeling of relief. We are highly pleased with Dr. Ferguson and the care she has given to our daughter. Thank you!!!
Larell – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
If I could give Dr. Ferguson 10 or 20 stars I would!!!! From the moment I met her nurse, Val, I knew this was going to be a great experience. I was referred to her office from another hip surgeon because my issues were deeper than he could fix or address. From the MOMENT I met Dr. Ferguson, I knew I would never go to another hip surgeon and I was completely confident that if I needed surgery, she was the one to do it. At my first appointment, she spent a solid 45 minutes with me, and I felt like I was the only patient she had to see that day. We were talking about performing a PAO repositioning surgery in addition to a few other things... Very scary for this athlete. She walked me through what would need to take place over the next few months (MRIs, etc.) and told me how big of a decision this was. then said that it would ultimately be up to me on when I was going to have the surgery. The words from my first meeting with her again solidified that I was in the right place: "if
Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
Dr. Ferguson is absolutely the best! She’s incredibly knowledgeable, thorough, and caring - she’s the only surgeon I’ve had that personally came to see me each day in the hospital. I had a PAO with her, and while I’ve heard of many complications with that surgery with other surgeons, I have had zero issues. Her office gave me plenty of information to feel prepared for surgery and recovery - an experience that spoiled me a bit for my neck surgeries a year later where I felt like there was a huge lack of information in comparison. I feel that she always has the best interest of the patient in mind and I have recommended her to several people.
Emily N – Jun 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
Dr. Tania Ferguson performed my total hip replacement. My overall experience from beginning to now has been Absolutely Amazing. Dr. Ferguson's clinical assistant, Valerie, was very efficient scheduling everything. Dr. Ferguson's entire team at Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital 8th floor was very courteous and professional. I can truly say without a doubt that Dr. Ferguson is a highly skilled, talented, accomplished surgeon in her field, a very knowledgeable doctor and has a beautiful, charming personality. She is very passionate regarding her career path as a highly respected surgeon/doctor. She is extremely passionate regarding the care and well being of her patients. Dr. Ferguson and her entire team have reestablished the standards of care to a much higher level. Anyone having issues with either their hip or pelvis, I highly recommend Dr. Tania Ferguson and her team. Thank you so much Dr. Tania Ferguson and your entire Team for this Wonderful Experience.
Michael H. Byrd – Jan 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
R hip Arthroplasty for Christmas this year! Five days later, I am walking at the park! Very little pain and so much freedom. Thank you Dr Ferguson (no relation, just coincidence) for your skill, communication and compassion. She and Valarie treat you like a person, not a patient. Definitely worth the trip from Northwest Arkansas to Nashville.
Alishia Ferguson – Dec 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
Just had my six week post op visit for anterior total hip arthroplasty. I can’t express the degree of my gratitude for the outcome and the entire experience. Dr Ferguson and her staff are professional, kind and efficient. Dr. Ferguson called me at home twice to check on my progress, I found her compassionate, knowledgeable and based on my outcome, an excellent surgeon. I called the office about a concern, my phone call was returned quickly by Amy her PA. I am a CRNA and can be particular, my expectations were exceeded. First, I went home comfortably the same day. I took two oxycodone the entire post op period. I was walking without assistance by day three, I completed a 5k walking week 3.5, back at gym gently week two, back at work week three. Today, no restrictions I will be paddle boarding this weekend. Many thanks to Dr. Ferguson and her staff.
Melanie lawless – Oct 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
I had anterior hip replacement ten weeks ago.. I am doing fantastic and my hip great..I and so grateful and thankful for DR Ferguson and all of her staff ..
Chris Humphreys – Aug 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
The very best thing I did in 2017 was choose Dr. Ferguson for my THR! She performed an anterior replacement procedure on my right hip. I am 1 year post-op and have my life back! Dr. Ferguson is an excellent doctor; she's an active listener, patiently answers questions, and has an excellent caring, bedside manner. Most importantly, she is an outstanding surgeon. My surgery was tricky due to a prior injury, but Dr. Ferguson's confidence helped assure me that I was in excellent hands. The best!
Sara in Nashville, TN – Dec 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
Dr. Ferguson is completely different than any other doctor I’ve ever seen. She’s very charismatic, attentive, smart and devoted to getting her patients out of pain and back to doing everything they love. She goes above and beyond to do the very best for her patients. If you have hip problems, there’s no better choice than Dr. Ferguson. I feel so fortunate to have found her to help resolve my hip problems (hip dysplasia/PAO, labral tear/repair). Thanks Dr. F!
AR in Springdale, AR – Nov 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
The absolute BEST hip surgeon around
George in KY – Nov 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
Dr. Ferguson is truly the best! I felt like I was in the best hands possible for my anterior total hip replacement, which went perfectly! She has exceptional bedside manner, and was always so patient answering my many questions as thorough as possible. She never made me feel rushed or pressured. I really believe she goes above and beyond for all of her patients. On top of that she has an amazing staff supporting her! Cannot recommend her enough!
Kyra in Smyrna, TN – Nov 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
Dr. Ferguson was very thorough and patient friendly. I did have to ask her to dummy down her medical terminology into layman's English and she did. Highly recommend and her beside manner is excellent!
Patty Beazley in Nashville – May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
Having Dr Ferguson replace my right hip was the best decision. She is professional, describes the entire procedure, no surprises. She and her staff answer any questions. I am 6 months post op and I feel great. I have my active life back.
Colleen Shallow in Germantown tn – Nov 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
I had a very difficult hip replacement, Dr Furguson was a wonderful surgon. I will have her do my other hip soon.
Suellen Hajduk – Jun 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?
Dr. Ferguson was amazing! She was careful, professional, conscientious, thorough and very warm and personable. My hip problems took 1.5 yrs to obtain a possible diagnosis after a referral fom a D.O. . I highly recommend Dr. Ferguson for hip arthroscopy, labral repair, and FAI. I am very sad that she moved away from the Seattle area and would even travel cross country to see her again if needed.
Cherie C in WA – May 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tania Ferguson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ferguson?