Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
Dr. Tamila Selitsky, DO
Dr. Tamila Selitsky, DO is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Brooklyn, NY. She is 55 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Selitsky is affiliated with Staten Island University Hospital and NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.

660 92nd St Fl 1

Brooklyn, NY 11228

• EmblemHealth
  • Fidelis Care
  • MVP Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Selitsky

Female patients of all ages are welcome at our Obstetrics and Gynecology (OBGYN) care practice. Our spacious office is conveniently located in the Bay Ridge area of Brooklyn. We are committed to our patients throughout the whole treatment cycle. We use the latest methods and diagnostic tools to provide continuous care for our patients.

Dr. Selitsky's Experience

Dr. Selitsky's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Female Infertility
  • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Incontinence
  • Infertility
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregnancy
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

• Birth Control
  • C-Section
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Sympathectomy
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine / New York Institute Of Technology
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Wyckoff Heights Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Wyckoff Heights Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Selitsky has no media or publications listed.

• Hebrew
  • Russian

Dr. Selitsky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Selitsky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Selitsky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Selitsky to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Selitsky's Performance
    GOOD
For my first pregnancy, she never explained anything. When I would ask for sonogram pictures she would be bothered.The day I delivered I spoke to her at 5 in the morning she didn't come to the hospital until the baby was falling out and once the baby came out she left. Now I went for a second possible pregnancy and told me the urine test was negative meanwhile there was a line but faint and I had 8 positive at home tests. I asked if I me spotting is normal, she said no And didn't even look at me
Washington, DC |
I can not recommend Dr Selitsky enough. The most knowledgeable doctor I have ever met. Her staff are the best as well. All tests are done in the office. The Doctor is always available and takes personal responsibility for her patients. When I have my second baby, I will do everything I can to make sure Dr Selitsky is my doctor (and I moved out of state!)
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Selitsky delivered both of my children. Very professional and knowledgeable. Always there for her patients, even if the pregnant woman has a question at 3 AM :) Office is very clean and welcoming; staff treats you like family. The wait time can be sometimes lengthy but that just shows that Dr. Selitsky spends time with her patients. I would never go to another obgyn.
New York, NY |
I am not going to bore everyone w a long review about how obnoxious she and her staff can be, everyone knows they are. Here is our experience. Dr Selitsky delivered my son. My wife went in the hospital on Monday. Selitsky wanted to wait for her to do it naturally. My wife waited, Tuesday, Wed, Thurs. This whole time she didn't dilate and was given so much anesthesia she developed a tolerance. When Selitsky finally decided to do a C Section on FRIDAY(!!) (yes my wife waited 5 days in the h
in Brooklyn, NY |
Worse experience ever! First experience for my first pregnancy and she didn't ask me any questions, nor did she explain anything. She closed the curtain on my husband and did a vaginal ultrasound without any warning. Told me I couldn't hear the heart beat, pointed at the baby and said "there, it's healthy" and ended the appointment. Then told me she's booked 7 1/2 months from now so she can't deliver my baby. ZERO COMMUNICATION! ZERO BEDSIDE MANNER.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Selitsky was absolutely incredible - she personally sat down and got to know me, answered all of my questions and addressed my concerns. I didn't feel rushed or uncomfortable; not to mention, the staff were all friendly and welcoming, and the office is brand new and beautiful. I am more than 100% satisfied with Dr. Selitsky, and I am ecstatic to have found a long-term, permanent OB-GYN that cares about her patients.
Brooklyn, ny |
Strongly recommend Dr. Selitsky . I saw her for the first time today and she made me feel completely at ease. She was very pleasant, personable and easy to speak with about even the most personal of matters. Dr. Selitsky answered many questions I had and educated me without making me feel like I had asked a silly question, which I find that many doctors tend to do without realizing. I look forward to seeing Dr. Selitsky for years to come!
in Brooklyn, NY |
The wait time is always over an hour. The doctor tries to be professional but is clearly inherently insensitive. She literally ripped open my paper gown to perform my breast exam with no warning or explanation, which felt violent, leaving me exposed for the rest of the appt. During a sensitive consultation she was distracted and disinterested in answering my questions and just handed me a fact sheet, rushing me out of the office. I cannot understand why she works in this field. Never again.
in Brooklyn |
I never feel good or like I was treated well when I leave this office. Medical assistants are rude and don't explain things well. I am looking for a new OBGYN.
in Brooklyn, ny |
RUDE, UNINFORMATIVE, AND A BULLY. I'm only 26 and she's bullying me to have surgery on my ovary bc I have a cyst. I went for a second opinion bc she was freaking me out and telling me to have surgery immediately and take 4 weeks off from work with zero explenation. Went to my second opinion and was explaine that I could have trouble having kids bc removing the cyst leaves scar tissue and the cyst as long as it is monitored and doesnt grow it's not harmful. She doesn't care about u just money.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I had a horrible experience at Dr. Selitslys office. I went in for an ultrasound for my first pregnancy. When I noticed some mistakes on my paperwork I was ignored, which led to incorrect testing. They didn't answer any questions I had before starting different tests like clamidia gonorrea or the ultrasound itself. Dr. Selitsky started the ultrasound and kept repeating whats this, pollip or membrane without explaining. Very scary. Horrible staff and overall horrible experience. Never went back
in Brooklyn, NY |
my first experience with Dr. Selitsky was when I found out I was pregnant with my first child. Dr. Selitsky is very efficient, while she may seem abrupt at times, she has a great sense of humor and is very reassuring. What really made me feel that she is an amazing doctor was when I went into labor. Of course I was very scared because I didn't know what to expect, but She took amazing care of me and the baby and the delivery was better than I could have ever expected, she did a phenomenal job an
in Brooklyn, NY |
I am so happy I found this doctor ! She listened to all my concerns. She showed so much passion and care ! Thank you Dr T Selitsky
in Brooklyn, NY |
Walked in with results from lab. As she walked in started reading results and immediately said You Need Surgery. Speaking rapidly, drew a picture of what had to be removed and then said surgery can be done in 2 weeks, ok. I told her I would like a second opinion and she was Not Happy. She turned to me and said I'd like to see another Dr tell you that you don't need surgery. If your want a OB-GYN Dr, that Spends Time to explain and Compassionate , LOOK for ANOTHER DOCTOR!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Tamila Selitsky, DO?
Are you Dr. Selitsky?