Dr. Tamer Ghaly, MD

Interventional Pain Medicine | Male

Dr. Tamer Ghaly, MD
Dr. Tamer Ghaly, MD is an interventional pain medicine doctor who practices in Waterbury, CT. He is 41 years old. Dr. Ghaly is affiliated with Saint Mary's Hospital and Waterbury Hospital.

Dr. Ghaly's Experience

See how Dr. Ghaly's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ghaly

Dr. Ghaly accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Ghaly is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Ghaly has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ghaly's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ghaly to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Ghaly's Performance
Waterbury, CT |
I was a nervous wreck knowing I had to have a epidural injection. Dr Ghaly was wonderful, he explained every thing he was going to be doing, and while he was doing the injection he talked me thru the whole thing. My anxiety I had prior to laying on that table, was a piece of cake. Thank you Dr Ghaly
Waterbury |
He picks and chooses who he will help, he told me that he doesn't believe in giving pain medication but I know for a fact that he gives pain medication Because I know people, who receive them but he said if I was working he would help me so I'm suffering in pain especially my back after he did a nerve block
in Wolcott, CT |
Dr. Ghaly is a doctor that is truly concerned about your well being. The injections I've received have been painless and with no aftereffects and have addressed the pain I have experienced.
in Stratford, CT |
Great work Dr Ghaly Went for a nerve block injection almost totally painless except a little pinch and pressure during procedure, informative, friendly courteous staff, I would highly recommend! Thanks, Leonard Champoux
in Thomaston, CT |
I have been seeing Dr Ghaly for 3 years now and he is the best in his field , hes kind , gentile and i just love him and his staff . Even tho i have had many spinal injections with him he always explains the procedure to you. his manner is so comforting , you feel at ease and he always asks if you want to stop for a few moments during the procedure. I cant say enough of Dr Ghaly and his expertise I would highly recommend anyone that needs pain relief to make an appointment.
in Beacon Falls, CT |
I have arthritis in my spine, hips, shoulders, elbows, hands and knees. Dr. Ghaly and Susan (nurse practitioner) are wonderful. In addition to their expertise, they show compassion and empathy. Dr. Ghaly has helped alleviate pain in many areas of my body. I would definitely recommend Dr. Ghaly.
in Torrington CT. |
Dr. Ghaly is the only pain management doctor I would ever go to. He talks you through the whole procedure telling you everything that is going on and what you may feel. He is always asking how you are doing. He is also a true gentleman and very well dressed. He makes you feel you are important to him. I have recommended him to numerous family members and friends. They are all in total agreement. Making appointments is easy and very accommodating. Staff very friendly. I totally trust him.
Watertown, CT |
Dr. Ghaly explained everything to me before he did it and during my injection as well. His bedside manner made me feel comfortable even while being nervous for my injection.
in Prospect, CT |
Found Dr. Ghaly to be very friendly and informative and the office staff to be also. The procedure was done to my satisfaction . I would highly recommend this Doctor to family and friends.
in Seymour, CT |
I have been with Dr. GHaley for the past several years and he is an outstanding, both in his skills and "bedside manor". He associates are also very professional and very knowledgeable so am confident that I get the best personal care I need. I'm not a number and would not trust the delicate and precise procedures done on my spine to any other Dr.. I trust him and would highly recommend him to others. David Stocker
Oakville, CT |
Very compassionate; tells you what he is doing during the procedure; great staff.
in Naugatuck, CT |
Dr Ghaly is kind and he is a gentle soul. He tells you everything he is going to do and then he does it as gently as possible and tells you what to expect. He then makes sure you are comfortable and checks on you the next day
Ct |
Incompetence and irrogance is his strong point.... until his spine is broken and he has to sit in a chair and be a vegetable everyday for years he will not understand that having a life on pain meds gives you a life , otherwise be left in a chair suffering your life away! . very ignorant! Karma will come his way in the future ! He does not listen to what is wrong and always in a rush! 0 rating for it all!
Watertown, CT |
First of all, his procedures have worked. While I'm not the woman I was even twenty years ago, I'm able to get around a lot better, with much less pain. Secondly, you could not ask for a more caring and kind doctor and staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Ghaly!
in Hamden, CT |
Dr. Ghaly is such a sweet and caring doctor. He gets the job 100% complete. love this doctor!
in Torrington,ct |
My pain doctor left the state so Dr. Ghaly filled in. His first words to me ,"If you came here to get opiates, you are at the wrong place. I've never given oxycodone or oxycontin before and I cannot ever imagine giving them in the future". My first visit with him, before I even said a word. Never asked me how I felt, never reviewed my charts. I have failed back surgery, spinal stenosis, osteopenia, bulging disks,and more that I can't think of right now, I am in constant pain.
in Woodbury CT |
Dr Ghaly is a warm friendly doctor who explained all the options and recommendations. His easy manor made the experience as pleasant as possible
in Waterbury, CT |
I have been working with this wonderful Doctor for over 5 years. Some hard times for me and he has helped me immensely. I just saw him yesterday for a procedure and the whole surgery room hugged me when it was over. Dr Ghaly and his staff listen. So important to get to the problem. Thanks guys
in Oxford, CT |
I went for one diagnostic test before ablation. I go to the appt. I'm ON THE TABLE and he asks which side of my spine I needed the injections. At first, I thought he was kidding. But then, HE ASKED AGAIN. I go to the follow-up after excruciating pain from the test and I'm told that I have to get the test AGAIN due to insurance. Call insurance. They say no such thing. Call the office, they say Dr. Ghaly requires it, not insurance. He's dishonest - don't let him touch you!
in Sandy hook, CT |
The clinics where he work market him as a pain specialist. He may have passed medical school, but is hardly more than a glorified injection technician. His bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired (rude, dismissive). Previously decided upon treatments are randomly changed without notice, appointments cancelled while literally standing at the front desk to sign in. The whole operation resembles an assembly line where you actually get to see the doctor for five minutes before being ushered ou
in Winsted, CT |
Md never examined me, or reviewed my chart. Was more worried about guidelines and wanting to give injections and does not believe in pain medication. No where near Dr. Mathews.. it's his way or the highway, don't waste your time if you want someone to listen to you. Not impressed at all. Have been to alot of physicians before I found Dr. MATHEWS but he moved away and now stuck with this guy. I do not like being treated like a number and certainly not like a drug addict
in Waterbury, CT |
Does not listen to the patient, poor bedside manor;at best has no bedside manner, does not review medical records, talks over you so he does not hear what you are trying to say, accuses patients of lying about what procedures they actually have done, because he does not review the records. The office staff is nice, EXCEPT HIS MEDICAL ASSISTANT. This doctor is not interested in how much pain you are in, he is only interested in what the state guidelines provide. STAY VERY FAR AWAY!
in Naugatuck, Ct |
He is more interested in meeting state standards of prescribing medication. Never physically check my person to see where the pain is. No physical check up. Clearing states he does not want to give out medication. Does not listen to patient. A bully. Your pain management is his decision alone.
Have you seen Dr. Tamer Ghaly, MD?
Are you Dr. Ghaly?

Compare Dr. Ghaly

Dr. Ghaly's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Interventional Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Ghaly has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ghaly's Board Certifications

• Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Ghaly does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ghaly and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Interventional Pain Medicine
  • Pain Medicine

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection