Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD

Oculoplastic Surgery ·  Female · Age 56

Dr. Fountain

Eye Center Physicians, Ltd

740 Waukegan Rd Ste 360 Deerfield, IL 60015

Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD is an oculoplastic surgery specialist in Deerfield, IL and has been practicing for 23 years. She graduated from Harvard Medical School in 1988 and specializes in oculoplastic surgery.

Dr. Fountain accepts

Dr. Fountain accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health
AvMed
Medicaid

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Fountain's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Canthotomy
  • Conjunctivoplasty
  • Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery
  • Dacryocystorhinostomy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Eyes
  • Tear Duct Disorders
  • Tear Duct Surgery
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Trichiasis

Dr. Fountain is committed to patient satisfaction and she enjoys the reward of listening to her patients as well as making sure they understand their conditions and their options for treating it.  Surgery can be an overwhelming life decision.  Dr. Fountain and her office staff are committed to helping make this process as reassuring as possible.

• Oculoplastic Surgery

1984

• Oral Examiner, American Board of Ophthalmology, 2014,16
  • Chairman of the Board, Ophthalmic Mutual Insurance Company, 2014-16
  • Board of Directors of Ophthalmic Mutual Insurance company, 2008-15
  • President, American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2018
  • President, Illinois Association of Ophthalmology, 2002-2005
  • Senior Achievement Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 2007
  • Executive Secretary, American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, 2007-2011
  • Secretariat Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 2008, 2010
  • America's Top Ophthalmologists, 2010 to pr
  • Board of Trustees, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 2005-2008
  • Best Doctors, 2006-prese
  • Distinguished Alumnus, Doheny Eye Institute, University of Southern California, 2016
  • Distinguished Alumnus, Wilmer Eye Hospital, John Hopkins Hospital, 2015

• Lashing Out, April 2009
  • Ophthalmology: The Next Generation, Dec. 2011
  • Eyelid eversion for visualization of the upper eyelid lamellae; An anatomic cadaver study., 2011
  • Twitter at the 2014 and 2015 Annual Meetings of the American Academy of Ophthalmology., 2016
  • Castleman’s Disease in the Orbit of a 17-year-old Girl: A Case Report., 2013
  • Tool Kit., 2014
  • Ophthalmic Malpractice and Physician Gender: A Claims Data Analysis., 2014
  • Section Editor, Ptosis. Pearls and Pitfall in Cosmetic Oculoplastic Surgery, 2009
  • Perioperative Systemic Anticoagulation in Oculoplastics Procedures: Balancing the Risk, 2010
  • “Muller Muscle-Conjunctiva Resection (MMCR) for Blepharoptosis In Patients With Glaucoma Filtering Blebs”,, 2007

Memberships & Affiliations

• American Academy of Ophthalmology, Member
  • American Ophthalmological Society, Member
  • American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Member
  • Chicago Ophthalmological Society, Member
  • Department of Ophthalmology Section Chair Emeritus Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Rush University Medical Center Chicago, Professor
  • Illinois Association of Ophthalmology, Member
  • Women in Ophthalmology, Member

Dr. Fountain's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fountain

Dr. Fountain?
Dr. Fountain's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD
Excellent treatment, outcome and experience. The Doctor and her professional staff are very friendly, knowledgeable and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
Dr. Fountain is an exceptional physician. Her competence, knowledge and professionalism are evident in every visit. She did an excellent job performing surgery on my eyelids. She and her staff provide services with skill and compassion. Thank you, Dr. Fountain!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
I recently had eye surgery done by Dr. Fountain. I found her very easy to talk to and she takes the time to listen. She explained the procedure to me in depth before hand. Afterwards my recovery went almost word for word as she said it would. She and her assistant both followed up with me by phone during the first few days post surgery. What a wonderful feeling it is to have feeling that your doctor truly cares about you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
Dr. Fountain did a perfectly beautiful reconstruct of my Right Ptosis (droopy eyelid). Anyone needing any form of eye plastic surgery would be hard pressed to find a better surgeon in the Chicago area.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
She looks great on paper, but completely botched my mother's eyelid lift. One eye ended up looking ABNORMALLY larger than the other, and the lifted eye has continual problems (constant tearing, dryness). When we returned for a follow up visit and questioned the results, her response was completely defensive, stating "you sought me out, I didn't seek you out." Meaning, you came to me, I didn't ask you to come to me. Thanks Dr. for the permanent problems and asymmetric outcome. Beware!
A surgeon can never promise or guarantee results...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
Dr. Fountain treated my 7 year old son after a glass picture frame shattered and damaged his eye. Her bedside manner was incredible with our entire family. She was extremely thorough and we knew we could trust her advice. She put all of us at ease. Her follow up call was very detailed. I would highly recommend this doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
horrible staff and most of all this physician had an attitude problem and just doesn’t even care about her patients did not even address my issues and would not even listen to what I had to say expected more from her and left very dissatisfied would not recommend!!!!
I am sorry to see this comment and think I know...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
I can highly recommend Dr. Fountain. She was professional, kind, thoughtful and extremely helpful. She did magnificent work on my eyes. The result is that I look 30 years younger. When I left her office after my final visit, when we shook hands with her upon leaving, she said, "It was an honor". No doctor has ever said that to me. Not only is she a masterful surgeon and artist, she is an amazing person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
I had a fantastic experience with Dr Fountain and her staff. Scheduling was smooth & the front desk were friendly. Her nurse Susan was excellent. She kept me up to date with my insurance approval status and prepared me well for surgery. Dr Fountain is very professional and took the time to explain everything and answer all of my questions. My surgery went well, and I had a great outcome. I work in healthcare and know excellent care when I see it. I would highly recommend this practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
Dr. Fountain performed a functional upper blepharoplasty on both eyes. The results are amazing. I'm so glad that my regular eye doctor referred me to Dr. Fountain. Her skill is superb. Her care is professional, yet personal and caring. Susan is also a great asset to the practice. She took extra time and care to calm my nerves while scheduling the surgery - and was helpful and patient when I called back with additional procedural questions. I would recommend this team to anybody any time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
Dr. Fountain was compassionate, caring, and absolutely professional. She knew the procedure would be extremely uncomfortable and was very empathetic and personal. She was a very caring professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
Thank you Dr. Fountain, you probably saved my life, possibly my wife's and others. The experience with you and your staff was exceptional. Everyone made me feel like I was part of the family. The surgery was all new to me and I was very assured by you ad your staff. I am happy that I can now see without always raising my eyebrows,and can safely drive without endangering my passengers and others on the road. Great experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
I recently completed week 9 of my double Upper Blepharoplasty (drooping eyelid). I was very pleased w the surgical results performed by Dr Fountain. In my opinion, her surgical skills are as much artistic as technical, based on my improved results. Although my ocular anatomy is bilaterally symmetrical, my drooping was not, the right eye sagging much more than the left. Post op results were as symmetrical as this patient will ever be, and I am grateful to Dr Fountain's and her wonderful staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
Dr. Fountain has been treating me for Graves' Eye Disease for about 2+ years, and could not recommend her more highly. She has shown tremendous care, concern, patience, and compassion while the disease has run its' course and I could finally get surgery. She made me feel instantly comfortable, never rushes through an appointment, thoroughly answers questions, has great follow-up, and referred me to a terrific ENT doctor (Joseph Raviv) who did an endoscopic sinus surgery. She's the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
My experience with Dr. Fountain was exceptional. Dr. Fountain not only provided excellent surgical skills and results, but she also gave me the opportunity to see a bright, dedicated physician who really cares about her patients. I won't hesitate to recommend Dr. Fountain to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
I had eyelid ptosis corrected by Dr Fountain and could not be happier. She was recommended by my ophthalmologist, who told me that's who she would go to if she needed surgery. Dr Fountain's assistant was very helpful in explaining the procedure and dealing with my insurance company. I'm grateful for the good care she gave me, and very satisfied with my result.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
Dr Fountain is a skilled ophthalmologist with a lovely, reassuring demeanor. She did a great removing a brown spot over my left eyelid. The results were amazing. I would recommend in a heartbeat.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
There are not enough adjectives or characters in this review to say how much I like Dr. Fountain. I had gone to the "best" ocular facial surgeon in the area four times to have the same surgery (which didn't work). Then I was recommended to Dr. Fountain. HURRAY, it worked. Best recommendation I have ever gotten. Dr. Fountain is beyond professional, kind, caring and has a fabulous personality to boot. Her Nurse Susan is fabulous, as well as her Nurse Lisa, and the front desk is terrific.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
My 3 year old daughter needed surgery to remove a cyst above her eye. After hours of research, I decided to contact Dr. Fountain to perform the surgery. From day one, Dr. Fountain was professional, trustworthy, knowledgeable, courteous and just a great person. After the surgery, she texted and called me to check on my daughter. One week post op and you can hardly see the scar! I could not have asked for a better person and doctor! Would recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tamara Fountain, MD?
Dr.Fountain did an amazing job with my Blephoplasty. I highly recommend her professional services and detailed caring. My vision and my appearance has greatly improved.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Fountain?

Eye Center Physicians, Ltd