Dr. Tam Dang, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Tam Dang, MD
Dr.Tam (Tommy) Q. Dang is a board certified ophthalmologist who is also certified in PRK & LASIK on the VISX & Intralase platforms as well as VISIAN collamer lens implantation. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He graduated from Rice University (B.A.) and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (M.D.). While serving in the United States Army he completed his residency at the San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium. After residency, he was stationed at Ft. Bliss, where he served as both the Chief of Ophthalmology as well as the Chief of the Warfighter Refractive Eye Surgery Program. After having completed his tour of duty, Dr. Dang is excited to be moving down to join the Clarity Eye Team in the summer of 2015. His span of practice is inclusive of pediatric patients in addition to refractive surgery and comprehensive ophthalmology. He enjoys being a foodie, bboy, outdoor activities, traveling, and is an avid basketball and football fan. He is married and the father of two beautiful girls and two Texas huskies

Dr. Dang's Care Philosophy

Clarity Eye Center: Offering Cutting-Edge, Quality Eye Care with Compassion

Dr. Dang's Experience

See how Dr. Dang's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dang

Dr. Dang accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Dang is now accepting new patients
Clarity Eye Center301 Seton Pkwy Ste 100
Round Rock, TX 78665
(512) 244-7200Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Dang has admitting privileges.

Dr. Dang's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dang to family and friends
Dr. Dang Says:

All feedback is greatly appreciated.

Dr. Dang's Performance
in Round Rock |
Loved him! He left Clarity and now I can't find a Dr. I will hunt him down until I find him. LOL!
in Austin TX |
I have Strabismus surgery done by Dr. Dang.I am very very happy,Excited with the result.He change life.
in Brownwood Tx |
Wonderful care and excellent communications. Would not consider any other Dr. or Facility
in Georgetown, TX |
The only reason I ended up with Dr. Dang was because he has an office in Georgetown near where I live in Sun City .( And I have always appreciated the doctors in the many military facilities I have been treated in over the past 45 years.) It was a very practical decision considering both inability to drive far from home, and the Hospital where he operates is closest to me. I trusted him immediately. And it was a nice surprise to find him not condescending to an old lady. And delightful. . .
Austin, TX |
I had been exposed to second hand chemicals which caused toxic cataracts and retina scaring in both eyes. Over a short period of a few months I went from 20/20 to totally blind in one eye and the other eye was headed that way. I went to Dr. Dang and the Clarity Eye Center in Round Rock. The ladies there were exceptional in helping me with my situation and went out of their way to so. Dr. Dang examined my conditions and evaluated the situation, preformed the required surgeries and prescribed the
in Round Rock, Tx |
I was referred to Dr. Dang because I found that I had high pressure in both eyes at a routine eye exam. I needed a laser procedure to relieve the pressure and he was able to do it right away so I could go on with my plans to leave on vacation. He is very skilled and also funny which calmed my nerves. Thank you for everything Dr. Dang!
in Georgetown, Tx |
I was admitted to Seton Williamson Hospital for a possible TIA. Dr. Dang was asked to consult in on my case and he came to my room with his examining equipment ready to get inside my eyeball to see if my problem was an eye event. He dilated my eye and came back a couple hours later and did a thorough exam. He found a torn retina and got me in to see a specialist for surgery as soon as I was discharged two days later. This doctor is now my regular Opthalmologist. I really appreciate him.
in Round Rock, TX |
I am very impressed during my first visit with Dr. Dang, from the front desk to the nurses, gave me a good feeling who Dr.Dang is. Dr. Dang is an excellent doctor, very thorough, approachable, kind and polite. It didn't give me a second thought to go ahead with my cataract surgery. I am extremely happy with him and his team during my surgery. I'm blessed I found an excellent doctor like him and proud to recommend to anyone.
in Georgetown, TX |
I have been a difficult case. Dr Dang and his staff have gone above and beyond in my care. He's now sent me to a specialist. I appreciate that he's more concerned with my eye health than being a god. And he has an awesome sense of humor! I highly recommend him to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Tam Dang, MD?
Are you Dr. Dang?

Compare Dr. Dang

Dr. Dang says...

Dr.Tam (Tommy) Q. Dang is a board certified ophthalmologist who is also certified in PRK & LASIK on the VISX & Intralase platforms as well as VISIAN collamer lens implantation. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He graduated from Rice University (B.A.) and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (M.D.).

Dr. Dang's Care Philosophy

Clarity Eye Center: Offering Cutting-Edge, Quality Eye Care with Compassion

Dr. Dang says...

Dr. Dang is an expertise in all treatments he provides. Dr. Dang is a comprehensive ophthalmologist but also a refractive surgeon and has a wealth of experience in pediatric eye examinations.

Dr. Dang says...

Dr. Dang has performed thousands of cases since he has started practicing. He has been recognized with a certificate of excellence by the American College of Eye Surgeons. He specializes in cataract surgery, premium refractive cataract surgery, LASIK/ PRK, and strabismus.

Dr. Dang says...

All feedback is greatly appreciated.

Dr. Dang's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Dang has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Dang's Board Certifications

• Ophthalmology

• Blepharitis
  • Blocked Tear Duct
  • Cataract
  • Chalazion
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Completed in 2011

Rice University

Graduated in 2003

• Vietnamese

Dr. Dang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Blepharoplasty
  • Cataract Removal Surgery
  • Excision of Chalazion
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • LASIK
  • Nasal Lacrimal Duct Surgery
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Strabismus Surgery
  • Visian Impantable Collamer Lens (ICL)