Dr. Tal Raviv, MD

Dr. Tal Raviv, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Raviv is an internationally recognized expert and thought leader in the field of cataract and refractive surgery. His Manhattan based practice, the Eye Center of New York, focuses on refractive laser cataract surgery and laser vision correction such as LASIK. The practice also specializes in micro-invasive glaucoma surgery as well the management of dry eye related disorders. Dr. Raviv has been recognized as SUPERDOCTOR and Best Doctor by his peers for many successive years. Dr. Raviv has served on the planning committees of major national ophthalmic meetings, publishes regularly, and is on the editorial board of industry trade journal: Eyeworld, Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today, and Millennial Eye.

30 E 40th St Rm 203

New York, NY 10016

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. Raviv

See how frequently Dr. Raviv performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Blepharitis
Eyelid Disorders
Floaters

Dr. Raviv's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Raviv "We believe in offering the absolute latest in refractive cataract surgery to our patients. Dr. Raviv will customize the minimally invasive procedure to help you restore eye health and achieve visual freedom. As a thought leader, national lecturer, and ophthalmology resident instructor on cataract surgery and premium IOL implants, Dr. Raviv provides cutting edge technology and techniques to his patients."

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Cataracts
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Pterygium Surgery
  • Refractive Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Brown University / Alpert Medical School
  • New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Rush University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Raviv has no media or publications listed.

• Hebrew

Dr. Raviv does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Raviv and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Raviv's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Raviv to family and friends
Dr. Raviv's Performance
in Woodhaven NY |
Was referred to Dr Raviv it's been the best referral ever great dr and knows. What he does well experience.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Raviv is a very caring and talented ophthalmologist. He listens well to your concerns and addresses them with appropriate follow up. After my cataract surgery, I will continue to see him and recommend him.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Raviv as a very kind and professional doctor. He did my cataract surgery and did a magnificent job. He returned my vision like it was thirty years ago. I highly recommend Dr. Raviv to anyone who has problems with their vision.
in NY |
Great. Professional. Told me the options. He was on time for appointments. He responded to my phone calls. Most of all my outcome was better than expected.
in New York, NY |
I recently completed cataract surgery in both eyes with Dr Raviv. He is thorough, always professional, and friendly. He answers all questions to both inform and reassure. I have no reservations in recommending him.
in Great Neck, NY |
Dr. Raviv did an outstanding surgery on my right eye. I now have 20/20 vision. Thanks so much to Dr. Raviv.
in Brooklyn,NY |
He performed 2 surgeries on my right eye yesterday, one of which procedures all the medical literature said has complications so serious that 2 other renowned surgeons backed off from even trying. Dr. Raviv performed the surgeries flawlessly and it appears I have a perfect result. He explained everything and answered all my questions. In my opinion he is a real ace and I am glad and lucky he was my surgeon. David Greene,Esq.
in Jamaica, NY |
I was very nervous about having a cataract surgery. Dr. Raviv was very patient and explained the whole process to me. I had my surgery on 8/23/17. Dr. Raviv was extremely attentive throughout the procedure. I had more than a positive experience with Dr. Raviv. I could see everything clearly right after the surgery. He is a very skilled and competent surgeon. I feel very comfortable to schedule my next surgery on my other eye.
in Ossining, NY |
Dr. Raviv was the only consulted specialist who correctly diagnosed my Meibomian Gland Dysfunction. As a result of prior treatment by other doctors, I developed two large cataracts and was seriously visually impaired. Dr. Raviv recommended I implant Introcular Lens as I was young and could benefit from these state of the art lens. The result was remarkable and I have near perfect vision. He also stabilized my MGD condition and has given my great relief from discomfort.
in Fort Lee, NJ |
Dr. Raviv is definitely one of the best doctors I have ever encountered. He spends time, explains procedures, and the results of his surgery are amazing. I just finished cataract surgery in both eyes. Today is the day after surgery and I can see like never before. He is caring and certainly up on the latest procedures. I couldn't be more delighted. I would recommend Dr. Raviv in an instant.
in New York,New York |
I had cataract surgery with Dr Raviv He operated on both of my eyes,two weeks apart. The difference in my vision is extraordinary! Dr. Raviv has a very mild manner and made me feel comfortable every step of the way. He explained what he was going to do and what I would feel throughout the entire procedure. I found him to be an excellent doctor. I liked his staff and found them to be patient with all of my questions. I have already recommended Dr Raviv to several of my friends.
Brooklyn, NY |
I'd absolutely recommend, without reservation, Dr. Raviv for anyone in need of cataract surgery.
in New York, NY |
I had cataract surgery in March of 2016, and was very happy with the results. Dr. Raviv has a great bedside manner. I would recommend him to all of my family and friends.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Raviv performed a miracle for my wife. My wife was seeing 20/500 in her left eye, from an advanced cataract. She also had two other conditions, astigmatism from a pterygium, and puedoexfoliation. The operation was fantastic. She now sees 20/20 in the eye without glasses. She sees the colors of flowers more beautiful than she ever saw them in her life, the leaves green, every really clear. Thank you God for giving Dr. Raviv genius, and miracle hands. We will always be grateful.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Raviv solved my blepheritis/eye tearing/inflammation suffering with Lipiflow and Blephex, amazing drug free procedures that work. He is doing great work! I am very grateful to him.
in Huntington, NY |
I was a challenging case for cataract surgery. I had previous procedures performed on my eyes to correct severe near-sightedness (ALK and RK) in the early days of this technology. Ordinary cataract surgery would not help correct my vision but Dr. Raviv, with his skill, experience and technologically advanced equipment, was my only hope. I didn't experience any discomfort during or after the procedure. Needless to say, my vision is almost perfect now! It has changed my life and I am very grateful
Have you seen Dr. Tal Raviv, MD?
Are you Dr. Raviv?