Dr. Tahir Rana, MD

Neurology | Male

Tahir Rana MD 508 New Hope Rd Ste 109 Princeton, WV 24740 Get Directions
Dr. Tahir Rana, MD
Dr. Tahir Rana, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Princeton, WV. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Rana is affiliated with Princeton Community Hospital.

Dr. Rana's Experience

See how Dr. Rana's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rana

Dr. Rana accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Rana is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Rana has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rana's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rana to family and friends
1.4
Dr. Rana's Performance
    FAIR
    FAIR
in Bluefield, WV |
I will never recommend him not even if my life depended on it. Has to be the rudest Dr. I've ever seen. "IF YOU GET YOUR MEDICATION FROM ANY OTHER DR. OR ER, I WILL NOT SEE YOU EVER AGAIN"... Totally ignored what I was telling him. Wanted an epileptic to explain what happens during a seizure. (Not What I was told happens) HEY, DA I don't know myself. Wanted every Dr. and every test I've ever had or seen. Dealt with this for 30 yrs. I will never walk into walk into his office again.
in Princeton,WV |
Rana ran office by himself, no office personnel. I was charged $200 for my initial consult. I was repeatedly asked if I would return and could pay in cash. No billing allowed for my second appt. I paid $350 for EMG & NCS testing. Yet when questioned about billing for my results appt they were willing to only charge me $60. Rana spent more time questioning my ability to pay cash than trying to diagnosed and treat me. Needless to say I never went back. And my Ins claims have "NOT" been filed.
Bluefield, WV |
I can honestly say with my whole heart that this is one of the most profoundly rude practitioners I have seen throughout the course of my existence. I was continually interrupted and treated as if both myself and what I had tried to convey were completely devoid of value. When one is suffering and reaches out for help, the last thing one should ever have to encounter is someone whom is so incredibly abrasive. I implore you to heed my advice and seek the care of another physician.
Princeton, WV |
I found him friendly and efficient. Explains procedures and follow up.
in Princeton, WV |
I would have given 0 stars if I had the option. WARNING-To anyone who is considering a visit with this poor excuse for a human being. How this man can even consider calling himself a doctor, specialist, or medical provider is beyond me. There was an interrogation immediately. Before reviewing my MRI, he told me I was too young for memory loss and said that he would give me medicine for my depression and anxiety. I wasn't anxious before the "interrogation" . I left the office with no answers
Max Meadows, VA |
Upon arriving for an appointment at 11AM, my husband and I waited until 3 PM to see the doctor. We actually left to get lunch as was told that when we returned the doctor would be ready to see me. The waiting area was filthy and smelled horrible. When Dr. Rana finally saw me at 3 PM, his bedside manners was horrible asking the same questions over and over. He wanted to schedule an MRI and EEG for precaution. The receptionist, after a week, has not scheduled either; so, my husband helped out. Sad
in Asbury, WV |
I waited for over 6 months to get an MRI approved finally got it being sent to another dr. Now it's taking along time to get it approved. The secretary/nurse needs to speed things up. It only takes a a few minutes to make a phone call or fax papers.. Dr Rana needs to get some bed side manners.. I will not be going back!! I will also steer people away from his office every chance I get....
Bluefield, WV |
This Doctor is extremely unhappy and does not know how to smile as he greets you. He is rude, repeatedly and cold...pays no attention to what you say , which is why he repeats his questions.I felt like I was on trial for getting migraines...He does not understand medication, or fibromyalgia headaches, do not bother to make an appt if you suffer from headache pain from hormones or a car accident...he does not care, I do not care about what you want, I will give you what I want. RUDE !!!!!!!!!!!
in Princeton, WV |
My doctor tried for 6 weeks to even get the appointment scheduled. They were never called back. Eventually, I did get an appointment but then it was double booked with someone else. I ended up waiting well over an hour before being seen. Was told he would send the report the next day to my doctor. It has been over a month and they still haven't sent it. They will not return messages from me or my doctor's office.
in Princeton, WV |
Would not recommend Dr. Rana to anyone. Dr. Rana thinks he better then everyone else, Has NO BEDSIDE Manners, Asked the same questions over and over and is extremely RUDE. Had 1 office visit with him. Refused all other appointments.
Have you seen Dr. Tahir Rana, MD?
Are you Dr. Rana?

Compare Dr. Rana

Dr. Rana's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for West Virginia.

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

King Edward Medical University

Graduated in 1984

University Of Ct School Of Med

• Urdu

Dr. Rana does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rana and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology