Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 51

Dr. Gerlinger

Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush University

1611 W Harrison St Ste 300 Chicago, IL 60612

Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD is a reconstructive orthopedic surgery specialist in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 14 years. He graduated from Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences in 1994 and specializes in reconstructive orthopedic surgery and orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Gerlinger accepts

Dr. Gerlinger accepts the following insurance:

Preferred PPO
Priority Health
Priority PPO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Gerlinger's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gerlinger's Top Procedures and Conditions

Knee Replacement

Dr. Gerlinger performs Knee Replacement more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Gerlinger performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Bi-Compartmental Knee Replacement

Dr. Gerlinger treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Gerlinger's conditions and procedures:

• Bone Cancer
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Gerlinger specializes in Adult Hip and Knee reconstruction. This entails procedures designed to reconstruct the arthritic hip and knee as well as treat hips and knees that have been previously replaced but are failing due to wear, infection, and ...

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

4.827586206896552%

Dr. Gerlinger?
Dr. Gerlinger's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD
Have had 2 hip replacements with Dr Gerlinger and have not had any problems. His whole team is very attentive and responsive. Quick recovery. Very good experience. Has always listened when I’ve had questions and addressed my concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD?
Excellent team who is very responsive to calls, questions and follow through. Surgery went well, having a good recovery. In week 5 post op and I am driving short distances, walking without assistance and swelling is almost gone. Pain comes and goes but is no longer severe.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD?
I had total knee replacement with Dr. Gerlinger. He and his staff are beyond excellent. They do everything to insure success with your surgery. They are always there to answer all your questions. The texting system is very helpful to keep you on task with your recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD?
Very professional and knowledgeable in the field of pre and post hip replacement.
Positive
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD?
Dr Gerlinger performed total knee replacement on both of my knees within a 12 week period. Due to the minimal pain and swelling of the first knee, I decided to get the second knee replaced. It allowed me to focus therapy on both legs. Within 6 months my legs are stronger than they have been in 15 years. Thanks to his staff and well designed recovery program, the pain and swelling were minimal. I returned to work in 4 weeks after each surgery. I highly recommend Dr Gerlinger and Rush Hospital.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD?
Dr. Gerlinger Did a great job on my hip revision surgery! After two failed hip surgeries, Dr. Gerlinger explained clearly what the issue was and how he was going to treat it. Although the surgery was a difficult one, it was a complete success and at the one year point after surgery I feel great! I highly recommend Dr. Gerlinger!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD?
Dr. Gerlinger performed a partial knee replacement on my right knee a couple years ago. Good replacement, no problems. I went back in at this time because I was having some pain in my left knee. Fortunately he was able to determine that it was a muscle/tendon problem and some PT will probably solve the problem. He is an extremely competent physicial and I strongly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD?
Absolutely amazing! Three weeks post-op for right hip replacement and most who didn't know I had it can't tell. Everything from the initial consult through post-op, the communication was great and every appt I had was kept right on time. Highly recommend Dr Gerlinger to anyone considering this surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD?
My Experience with Dr. Tad Gerlinger was Great! I had the left knee done Nov 6, 2018, and the right one done Jan 21, 2019. Dr. Gerlinger did such a Great Job, I was ready to have them done close together! Dr Gerlinger and his Team are First Class Care! They are all Knowledgeable, on Top of things, they follow through with everything. Dr. Gerlinger is a Great Surgeon, has Great bed side Manners a Great Personality, and a Military back ground that will Knock Your Socks Off! I Would Recommend Him!!
Very helpful. Excellent care
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD?
After suffering with knee pain for a long time, I finally made the decision to have the surgery. I heard a lot of "pain" horror stories from others, including the ortho doctor I was seeing at that time. Because of what my original ortho said, I made the change to Dr. Gerlinger. My surgery went well, I had very little pain and I am healing very quickly. I only took pain medications for 10 days after my surgery and I really didn't even need them. Dr. Gerlinger is amazing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD?
Outstanding surgeon . This a fine tuned operation top to bottom. I highly recommend Dr. Gerlinger.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Gerlinger, his staff, and the RUSH staff. I had both knees replaced within 3 months of each other and am extremely happy with the outcome. I have full range of motion on both knees and was able to return to work after each knee replacement within 3 weeks of the surgery. I found his daily text messaging option to be very helpful in reminding me of what I needed to be focusing on for full recovery. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD?
All around staff excellent. Dr Gerlinger very kind, straight forward snd would highly recommend him as I was recommend to him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD?
As a life long nurse and nurse educator, I investigated various options regarding knee replacement and therapies...I put off having my knee replacement for several years...I found information about the Muscle Sparing Total Knee replacement started at Rush and found Dr Gerlinger who did my surgery...he is fabulous and his team is just as good...at 8 weeks post-op I am pretty much back to normal...I am looking forward to having my other knee done in April...many thanks to all...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD?
Can’t say enough about how well everything is handled from the prep class through the day of surgery and recovery with physical therapy and followup. Particularly sensitive to pain management and using a variety of approaches to keep your use of addictive pain killers to an absolute minimum. It really worked well for me with minimal discomfort during recovery and rehab. One great caring surgeon supported by an equally caring staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD?
Dr did an amazing job. He truly changed my life and I am so grateful to have had such an amazing Dr perform my surgery. Every morning I wake up and I say God bless him. His team is so professional everything went do smoothly, hardly any swelling and pain I just don’t have enough words to praise him Totally worth going yo see this doc.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD?
No one could believe I had had my hip replaced, my primary care physician, and my physical therapist, were amazed at my progress. Today was my six week appointment with Dr. Gerlinger and I've literally forgotten I had surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Gerlinger!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Gerlinger, MD?
Flawless. Excellent caring nature. Very professional and short wait times. Staff friendly. Do not hesitate to get fixed. It's time!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Gerlinger?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gerlinger treats patients.

Compare Providers