Dr. Tad Dewald, MD

Sports Medicine •  Male

Telehealth services available

Dr. Tad Dewald, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Tucson, AZ. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Dewald to book an appointment.

Tucson Orthopaedic Institute - Dr. Tad DeWald MD

Tucson Orthopaedic Institute - Dr. Tad DeWald MD5301 E Grant Rd Tucson, AZ 85712
    • Wed: closed
    • Sat: closed

5301 E Grant Rd Tucson, AZ 85712

Dr. Dewald's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dewald

Dr. Dewald?
What People Say About Dr. Tad Dewald, MD
This is easy. Read the numerous reviews about Dr. DeWald. I can attest to virtually each and every one of them being true. He is great. At 73 years of age, I'm hopeful the recent stem cells and platelet rich plasma injections into both knees and my shoulder will have a positive effect. We'll see about that over time. So far, I can't say enough good things about Dr, DeWald's professionalism, demeanor, caring attitude, and after the procedure followup. It's all been exceptional and outstanding. I would be remiss if I didn't include a shout-out for his assistant, Madison, who does a great job supporting the doctor. Thank you Dr. DeWald and Madi!
Patriccia – Jun 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
I am 6 months after my stem cell and PRP procedure on both knees and shoulders and have no pain. I used to get pain in my left ankle as well and since the knee is feeling better, the ankle has improved as well. I am walking about 3 miles a day with no pain. Dr. DeWald is wonderful. This whole experience has been so motivational to do my exercises now that I can do them without pain. Recovery was very easy. I came home after the procedure and I went to dinner that night and recovery after that was even easier. I saw a friend after they had their knees replaced in February who is not quite able to complete a mile walk yet, and I was walking the same day. I would recommend this procedure to everyone.
Linda S. – Jun 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
Dr Dewald did a thorough assessment both verbal and physical. He was understanding and empathetic.
Donna – Jun 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
I had torn rotators and shoulder arthritis. Dr. DeWald injected my shoulders with my own stem cells and platelet rich plasma. My 71-year-old shoulders are healing!
Diane L Deyoe – May 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
I haven't got enough good things to say about Dr. DeWald and his staff. After years of cortisone injections and extraordinary pain, Dr. DeWald did PRP injection and no more pain after 6 months out! I will be going back for more to avoid foot surgery. Amazing what a caring, compassionate doctor with a good sense of humor can accomplish!
Virginia McDonald – May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
Very pleasant and courteous employees Helpful and best of all took care of my problem.
May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
Pleasant. Professional and I believe successful!
Sandra Harrington – May 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
Dr. DeWald is great! He is caring and concerned about his patients. He takes time to listen and offers cutting-edge treatment options.
Stu – Apr 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
Dr Dewald and staff were personable, friendly, willing to answer any questions and give more clarity to my concerns.
Jackie (from Tucson) – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
One year out from stem cell on both knees. No pain! This is so much better than knee replacement surgery and I do not know why other doctors don't offer the treatment. Extremely happy with Dr. DeWald and his staff.
John L. – Mar 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
I was skeptical about the likelihood of PRP working but my only alternative at that point was surgery so I decided to try it to avoid surgery. Prior to the injection (which is briefly painful) the tendon tears in my shoulder woke me up frequently. After the injection, I began sleeping through the night and feel that the procedure was very successful at this time. I am pleased with the outcome
Howard S. – Mar 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
I was very pleased with Dr. DeWald and the staff at Tucson Orthopedic Institute. I had been suffering from a long term hamstring injury and had tried PT and an injection with some relief. Six weeks ago, Dr. DeWald did a PRP injection and I have had steady improvement since then. I am looking forward to getting back to my regular activities at the gym and hiking. Thank you Dr DeWald!
Dena – Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
I received a hip injection that has relieved pain my hip extremely well. I am very happy with my experience and care I received. I would highly recommend Dr. DeWald.
Ms P. – Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
I have been telling everyone about this procedure because I am so pleased with my results and am so happy. Dr. DeWald is such an easy doctor to work with. The procedure so much easier than I thought and it was nearly painless. I have recommended this procedure to so many people to avoid having a total knee replacement. I am pain free today!
Janice B. – Jan 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
The procedure was very easy and interesting. I was in pain for 2 days after, and the 3rd day I started walking again and it continued to improve as the days went by. I am now at 6 weeks and everything has been great. I am still doing physical therapy, and am a little sore after sometimes, as to be expected. I have had 7 surgeries in the past and never wanted surgery again. I am so pleased with my results and so impressed with Dr. DeWald that I have pursued options to have my back done as well. I am truly amazed with how the stem cell and PRP helped my knees. No knee surgery for this guy!
Jerry E. – Jan 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
Dr. Dewald is very kind, attentive, and sensitive to the needs of the patient. He makes the most of your time with him and gives a diagnosis explanation. He communicates and listens as well...something some doctors arent very good at. I trust Dr. Dewald.
Ariann J-Hanna – Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
Took his time to answer our questions and explained everything to us.
Jan 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
I had an achilles tendon injury that just would not heal with rest and restriction (rigid boot). After many frustrating months with no progress Dr. DeWald gave me a PRP injection. From that single treatment my healing and progress was dramatic and steady. I'm very satisfied with the care of Dr. DeWald and the effectiveness of the PRP treatment. MPT
Michael T. – Jan 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
Everyone was exceptionally professional and friendly
Robin Hartman – Dec 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?
I only had a consultation. Dr Dewald was very nice and explained all i needed to know before deciding to have surgery.
Dec 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tad Dewald, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dewald?

Dr. Dewald accepts

Dr. Dewald accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
HealthChoice
Medicare
Tricare
PacifiCare

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check if Dr. Dewald treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Dewald's conditions and procedures:

• Arthritis Surgery
  • Fat Grafting to the Body
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Hip Labral Tear
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Runner's Knee
  • Shoulder Labral Tear
  • Stem Cell Therapy
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigger Finger
  • Trigger Thumb
  • Ulnar Nerve Injuries

As a fellowship-trained Non-surgical Sports Medicine physician, Dr. DeWald has experience in both traditional and minimally invasive techniques for treatment of orthopaedic conditions. He has used orthobiologics and regenerative medicine procedures, ...

• Sports Medicine