Dr. Syngil Yang, MD

Dr. Syngil Yang, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Syngil Yang, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Yang is affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center and Lenox Hill Hospital.

530 1st Ave # 8U

New York, NY 10016

• Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Yang

See how frequently Dr. Yang performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Elbow Sprain
Neuroplasty
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Dr. Yang's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Harvard University School Of Public Health
  • Lenox Hill Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Hospital For Special Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Yang has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Yang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yang's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yang to family and friends
Dr. Yang's Performance
in New York |
I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Yang and PA Kayla. I needed an unexpected wrist surgery for a broken scaphoid bone in my dominant wrist, and Dr. Yang thoroughly explained every detail of the break, the surgery options and the recovery process (not to mention diagnosed it instantly after my primary care doctor had misdiagnosed it). Both were extremely knowledgeable, answered any and all questions I had, and made me feel very comfortable and confident with the care I was receiving!
in Bronx, NY |
I had been diagnosed with a trigger finger by another doctor who told me I needed surgery. Dr. Yang determined what I had was arthritis, not trigger finger, sparing me unnecessary surgery.
in Bronx, New York |
Dr. Yang is the best Surgeon anyone can wish for. He listens carefully to all your inquiries and answers all your questions professionally and caring. Dr. Yang operated on my right arm ulnar bone which I broke. I was in pain and nervous, but when I met Dr. Yang he made me feel at ease. I left his office with a smile and optimistic about my surgery. Its been 2 months since my surgery and my arm is doing better than ever. My scar is beautiful and minimal and no pain at all. Dr. Yang is a miracle.
in New York, NY |
My experience with Dr. Yang was by far the best I have ever had with a medical professional by a large margin. Dr. Yang and his staff are all top notch professionals and made the entire surgical procedure and subsequent follow-ups pleasant and positive experiences. From the moment I met Dr. Yang, I knew I was in excellent hands and the result of the surgery was even better than I could have ever imagined. Kind, compassionate and extremely professional and thorough.
in New York, NY |
I have had to trigger finger surgery is performed by Dr. Yang. He is truly a nice guy, listens carefully, answers all questions and is an excellent surgeon. I have up coming rotator cuff surgery which he will perform, and I have the upmost confidence that he will do an excellent job. I have recommended him to a number of friends. Top surgeon!
in New York, NY |
Love this Doctor. Great bedside manner and a great surgeon. Had 3 hand surgeries with Dr Yang and they were all so easy! Actually went back to work the same day. No pain and no stiffness after. Amazingly happy how well everything went.
in New York, NY |
Four years ago, Dr. Yang, an orthopaedic surgeon, performed surgery on my right hand’s pinky finger and recently on my left hand’s middle, ring, and pinky fingers for dupuytren’s contractures, both operations were successful. Dr. Yang listens to your concerns, analyzes the condition and takes a corrective conservative approach. He performs surgery, only when it's absolutely necessary. In New York City, where you have the largest selection of physicians and surgeons in the world, it speaks volum
in New York, NY |
Dr. Yang performed open carpal tunnel surgery on both hands along with trigger finger release on both thumbs and one finger in separate surgeries.I couldn't be happier with my choice of surgeon. He made a a very stressful situation the best it could be. I felt confident and assured that the procedure was quick and effective and I would be recover with no issues. I have full use of both hands with no pain or numbness shortly after surgery. I highly recommend... he is tops in his profession!
in New York, NY |
I saw Dr. Yang after another doctor recommended surgery for my fracture because of his amazing credentials and reputation and more than 25 years of experience. He was director at Lennox Hill Hospital and now head of the hand and arm center at NYU. He participates in my insurance too. He actually told me I didn't need surgery! I'm writing because my arm is 100% after casting and physical therapy! Thanks Dr. Yang for saving me from an operation.
New York, NY |
Incredibly thorough, kind, and competent! Explained everything in detail. He removed a painful tumor from my forearm and I was back to work in two weeks. No pain, no scar and full function. His team was awesome! I would trust him with any of my friends or family.
in New York, NY |
The medical care was great. However.... I AM HAVING A BILLING NIGHTMARE WITH THESE PEOPLE. BEEN TRYING FOR 3 MONTHS TO FIND OUT WHY I'M BEING CHARGED SO MUCH MONEY FOR A ROUTINE OFFICE VISIT, AND NOBODY CAN EXPLAIN IT.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Yang was extremely professional, thorough, competent and seems to sincerely care about his patients. Excellent staff. His initial exam was the right combo of listening to my symptoms and performing diagnostics (unlike a six minute exam I had with another doctor that barely looked at me). Dr. Yang did not rush me into surgery - we tried other avenues first. I was in incredible chronic pain before the surgery. The surgery restored my quality of life, and recovery was better than expected.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Yang's professionalism, attentiveness, kindness, and follow-up were over the top. His staff were excellent as well. If a surgical experience can be fantastic than this was it. I have recommended him to many people and will continue to do so in the future.
in New York, NY |
Not only was his work so good that you can't even find a scar, but I healed quickly and without any complications. He is the nicest man, caring and kind and he answers all questions with patience and clarity.
Terrific bedside manner, professional, and overall a caring Doctor. Would highly recommend him to anyone seeking the best hand and wrist orthopedic surgeon.
in Bronx, NY |
My experience with Dr. Yang was very delighful. His explanations of my laceration and the procedure for surgery were greatly soothing. I want to thank Dr. Yang for his work, he was able to repair my tendons and nerves in my dominant hand; therefore, returning back to work after only 3 months recovery. His work is unbelievable amazing, i could barely notice the scar. Thank you so much Dr. Yang.
in Matawan, NJ |
A true caring professional. After meeting with Dr. Yang you wouldn't want anyone else doing your surgery. Very helpful in explaining your whole procedure and making sure you understand it. When you leave his office you will be confident you are under the best care.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Thank you Dr. Yang. The trigger finger that I had is totally recovered after the surgery. You are one of the best doctor I have encountered so far in my life.
in New York, NY |
Dr Yang rebuilt my wrist after malunion. Extremely knowledgeable, patient friendly, and competent. As a long time surgical nurse, I say outcome was as good as could be hoped for. Five stars, excellent surgeon, excellent human being. Thank you Doctor Yang
Have you seen Dr. Syngil Yang, MD?
Are you Dr. Yang?

See our Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital

Visit Dr. Yang