Dr. Sylvia Hargrave, MD

Dr. Sylvia Hargrave, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Sylvia Hargrave, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Dallas, TX. She is 54 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Read her story

1411 N Beckley Ave Ste 460

Dallas, TX 75203

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Hargrave

See how frequently Dr. Hargrave performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
Diabetic Retinopathy
Glaucoma

Dr. Hargrave's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Hargrave's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hargrave "The first priority of The Hargrave Eye Center is the physical and emotional well being of patients. Located at 1411 North Beckley Avenue, Suite 460, Pavilion III, Dallas, Texas 75203, The Hargrave Eye Center attributes its success to outstanding customer service. Our patients are our first priority. A the warm contemporary office The Hargrave Center, you'll find the absolute latest technology for advanced medical diagnosis and treatment. The goal is to ease patient anxiety and approach both diagnosis and treatment as a patient-centered team. This team approach enables the patient to understand his/her condition, the available treatment methods/alternatives, and have all questions answered. The Hargrave Eye Center offers comprehensive eye care and is able to treat patients in many areas of ophthalmology including cornea and external disease, cataract and refractive surgery, glaucoma, uveitis, diabetes and patients taking high risk medications for arthritis, lupus, or collagen vascular disease. Routine screening for glasses and contact lenses is also performed and the affiliated H Eyewear Gallery has eyewear for every budget."

This content was provided by Dr. Hargrave "At The Hargrave Eye Center, patients are encouraged to actively participate in the decision-making process about their medical treatment.  Ophthalmic conditions/crises can be frightening and patients and their guardians can often feel overwhelmed. Dr. Hargrave works with her patients to dispel anxiety and fear. Together, Dr. Hargrave and her patients can then focus on the ultimate goal: returning patients to wellness.

The Hargrave Eye Center is a "one-stop" eye-care destination.  Dr. Hargrave realizes that one size does not fit all regarding health care and works together with patients to customize a specific treatment plan for each patient.  With the use of the NextGen Electronic Medical Record, a written customized patient plan is developed at every visit and can be printed and given to the patient before they leave the office.  Use of this system has been shown to improve patient compliance with the medical regimen.

Medicine is rapidly changing and The Hargrave Eye Center continues to grow with these changes.  Patients play a critical role in their care.  With the adoption of the i-MAC® visual acuity assessment system, The Hargrave Eye Center has incorporated Apple® technology in the assessment of the visual acuity of every patient.  This system is the latest, most modern form of visual acuity assessment.  Thus self-contained system incorporated an Apple® i27 on piece computer monitor system that allows the examiner to rapidly navigate through an infinite number of visual acuity chart combination.  It is also linked to EyeMotion® which have dozens of illustrated ophthalmic videos that explain many common eye conditions in a way that help with understanding."

• Ophthalmology

• Chorioretinal Scars
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Eyelid Surgery
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)

• Boston University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • University Of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey
  • American College Of Surgeons
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Hargrave has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hargrave does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hargrave and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hargrave's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hargrave to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Hargrave Says:

Thank you to our numerous reviewers who've left feedback about The Hargrave Eye Center! We're always happy to hear from our patients. It's important to know what we're doing well and where we need to improve. We read these reviews regularly, and you can also reach us at HargraveEyeCenter[dot]net or HargraveEyeCenter[dot]com.

Dr. Hargrave's Performance
encino, ca |
My experience with Dr. Hargrave is absolutely pleasant. She is extremely knowledgeable and thorough with her exam.
Mansfield, TX |
Dr Hargrave and her team have always been caring and informative. She offers a complete process from examining your eyes to her dedicated staff who do an amazing job assisting in picking out your frames. We loved the wide variety of frames and highly recommend her to anyone looking for a reliable ophthalmologist. You will always be treated like family.
in Katy |
I am a Type-1 Diabetic and have been seeing Dr. Hargrave for the past 12 yrs. I have an excellent experience from the min I walk in to the when the door shuts behind me. Dr. Hargrave takes the time to ask about my family and about school, now work since I recently graduated. When I moved 5 hours away for school, I made the trip back to Dallas because her genuine care is second to none. I highly recommend her to anyone seeking a highly-trained, caring ophthalmologist. You won't regret it!
Dallas Tx |
I picked up my glasses yesterday and I'm going to have to say that this has been the most horrible experience I've ever had with the Hargrave Eye Center. Her employee by the name of Claudia was rude to me and did not want to help me. I had to call my insurance provider and have them explain my benefits to them in order for them to help me get a second pair of glasses. It has been the worst experience ever and I do not recommend the Hargrave Eye Center to my family and friends
Irving, TX |
I went to Dr. Hargraves Eye Center, in Feburary, 2017 for a second opinior for a diagnosis I had received on my eyes. First of allthe environment. In the office is so relaxing and the staff is so warm too. When I had the chance to see Dr. Hargrave, she examined me, and explains where and what I had to do. I appreciated her for not taking me in a circle, having me to u eep coming back, when she knew what I needed was not in her field. I love and appreciate her so much for that. Please visit her.
in Dallas, TX |
Excellent care ,professional,good thorough exams. Excellent results with recent cataract surgery.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Hargrave is great. She's attentive, professional, explains conditions so that they are understandable and overall provides outstanding medical care. Her office is lovely - new, clean, bright. Her reception staff is another story. Any time I call for an appointment, I feel like I am putting them out and interrupting their day. The woman answering the phone is rude, unprofessional, curt and eager to hang up. She could use a class in phone etiquette and customer service.
in Dallas, TX |
She took her time with me and explain what was wrong and what we needed to do about the problem. I enjoy every visit with her she is the best.
in Desoto, TX |
Dr. Hargrave has been my opthomolagist for over 8 years. She is one of the finest doctors I have ever known, as well as a genuine special individual. She is kind and courteous and caring unlike some doctors. Her staff is superb. This office is run the way all offices should be run. I would put my life in her hands with no hesitation.
Have you seen Dr. Sylvia Hargrave, MD?
Are you Dr. Hargrave?

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Advantage HMO
    Blue Choice
  • CoreSource
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA