Oncology  |
Dr. Sylvia Adams, MD
Dr. Sylvia Adams, MD is an oncology doctor who practices in New York, NY. She is 47 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Adams is affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center .

NYU Medical Oncology Associates - Dr. Adams

160 E 34th St Fl 4

New York, NY 10016

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • HealthFirst
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Adams

Dr. Adams' Experience

Dr. Adams' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Oncology
  • Board certified in Medical Oncology

• Oncology
  • Hematology
  • Medical Oncology

• Medical Oncology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Breast Cancer

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Friedrich-Schiller University / Bereich Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • Winthrop University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Nyu Medical Center (Hematology Oncology), Clinical Fellowships
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Adams has no media or publications listed.

• German

Dr. Adams does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Adams and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Adams' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Adams to family and friends
Dr. Adams' Performance
in New York, NY |
Dr. Adams is one of the most intelligent and competent medical professionals I've encountered. When I was diagnosed with breast cancer, she was forthright, informative and kind. She took time to thoroughly explain my condition, my treatment options and my chances for survival. Though not easy conversations, her experience combined with a caring, positive spirit put me at ease and helped me focus on getting well. I believe the care I received was second to none.
in New York, NY |
Dr Adams has been my onocologist for 3 years during this time she's been consistently attentive, responsive, and adept at referrals when needed. Her staff is excellent and most of all she really cares. She listens to your concerns and addresses them immediately. She responds promptly to your emails and calls. Always with a smiling pleasant disposition. She strives for excellence in the staff and services provided.
in Queens, NY |
Dr. Adam is an excellent doctor who takes care very well for every patient. She is very patient and responsible. I remembered that one time I needed to see another doctor then I can continue my second chemo treatment with Dr. Adam. She helps us to make an earliest appointment to see that doctor so that I can have my second chemo on time. Every circles her team and she takes care of me. She is such a beautiful doctor. I trust them and really appreciate them! Highly recommend!
in Pittsburgh, pa |
Dr. Adams came highly recommended from an oncologist at Sloan Kettering and City of Hope in California. I met her during my darkest time, stage IV TN breast cancer. Her professionalism, knowledge, compassion, and willingness to answer any question, and tackle any obstacle made the decision to travel weekly for treatments easier. I would highly recommend her and her team to anyone faced with breast cancer.
in Warwick, NY |
Dr Adams is a wonderful physician. She is very passionate about her patients, is never rushed and always available. With doctor Adams and her staff as your caregivers you will have a wonderful experience.
in Brooklyn, NY |
It feels like I have known Dr. Adams forever. With a cancer diagnosis, she is the one you need in your corner. Her warm smile instantly put you at ease and you immediately feel like you are her only patient. Your care is never RUSHED because she treats the holistic not just the disease. Dr. Adams encourages you to bring along family members to each appointment/ treatment for support and added comfort because her firm belief is that family is an integral aspect of the healing process. She ROCKS!
in New York, NY |
I'm Dr. Adams' patient since 2016 and I feel very lucky that she accepted me for the trial she is running for TPN breast cancer. Dr. Adams is very knowledgeable oncologist with up-to-date research information and open mind.There is saying “What consumes your mind, consumes your life’ and Dr. Adams makes sure that patients’ mind is in optimistic mode. Dr. Adams responds to all questions promptly, because she cares. Her team is great. I’m thanking GOD for putting this doctor on my way to healing.
Rego Park, NY |
Within a few minutes, Dr. Adams had suspicions of male breast cancer. From there, she scheduled and expedited all appointments with the surgeon, geneticist, and the sonogram/mammogram team. After my surgery, she took the time to fully explain the post-operative report and thoroughly explained how chemo and medication would be the best treatment for the future. Her commitment to me probably saved my life. If ever put thru the rigors of cancer, she is the person you want by your side!!!
Brooklyn, NY |
I have advanced stage metastatic cancer and I am deeply grateful to be in the care of Dr. Adams, an excellent oncologist. Dr. Adams is knowledgable, helpful, thoughtful and caring. During each visit she and her nurse practitioners spend a lot of time with me, sharing information and answering all my questions honestly. I often have many questions and I feel Dr. Adams listens and hears my questions. She cares about my health and works hard to see that I receive the best treatments available.
in Miami Beach, FL |
I have been introduce to doctor Adams since 2 years now, and even if I moved out to Florida I don't want to change of MD. She is very good at what she is doing, she always offer the last treatment meaning she is very up to date with the ultimate treatment, in addition of her knowledge she is the more caring MD I have ever have, Always very warm and deeply aware of your own situation . I would deeply recommend her to anyone been in my case with a stage 4 cancer.
in NY |
I was terrified,diagnosed w/triple negative breast cancer at 35 but Dr.Adams ignited a feeling of hope in me that I’ve held onto ever since. She's up to date with the latest research & takes great care in determining treatment.Dr.Adams advocated for me & also gave a great pep talk or hug when I needed it. I’m so thankful for her & her team.They got me through one of the most difficult times in my life. The level of care I received made such a difference in my outlook. I will be forever grateful.
in Long Island City, NY |
Takes time with patients. Addresses questions and concerns promptly and clearly. Thorough overview of all treatment options. Recommendations that are most up-to-date with current standard of care.
in Shrub Oak NY |
Dr Adams is a most warm caring doctor. From the moment I met her I knew I was in the best care. She always smiles, takes her time. And is great in explaining the medical procedures. And so is her nurse Marylyn Johnson. After all the appointments I feel she is family.
in New York, NY |
I feel so fortunate that my cancer surgeon suggested that I select Dr. Adams as my chemo oncologist. I am allergic to so many things, and have so many sensitivities that my case was far from typical (you name a side effect and I had it). Dr. Adams and her staff were always available for my needs, knowledgable, patient, kind, and respectful. No one wants to need an oncologist, but if you find yourself in this unfortunate position, I cannot recommend Dr. Adams highly enough, without reservation!
New York, NY |
As a very young woman with the surprising diagnosis of breast cancer, I couldn't be happier with Dr. Adams and her support team. Dr. Adams had the unfortunate responsibility of telling me that I needed to undergo chemo, the thing I was most afraid of, and she did it with compassion and understanding. She's warm, intelligent, funny, and clearly cares about the well being of all of her patients. I'm happy to have her, and her entire team in my corner while I go through super weird journey.
in Boca Raton Florida 33435 |
I give Dr Adams the highest evaluation She is warm , wonderful and brilliant.She gave me the perfect chemo for my age ,health and cancer It's been 3 years and I trust her completely She's the best!
in Millburn, NJ |
She is fantastic, always on point, responsive, and optimistic. She covers all the details and provides all the necessary explanations. She really cares about you and provides a relaxed and humorous atmosphere that is clearly necessary for a cancer patient.
in Roseland,NJ |
At one of the most stressful and frightening times in my life, Dr. Adams gave me hope. She has continued to do just that during my monthly visits. A conscientious and caring doctor, she treats her patients with respect, warmth and a sense of humor. She and her staff are sensitive professionals who always respond to questions during office visits and on the phone between visits. I am so grateful that she is my oncologist.
New Jersey |
Dr. Adams is very dedicated to her patients, always takes time to discuss concerns. Additionally, she's friendly, warm, and continually thinks about the patient's best interest.
New York, NY |
I am a physician and Dr. Sylvia Adams has been treating a family member for over two years. I have been present for all exams and have found Dr. Adams to be extraordinarily knowledgeable and understanding. She projects just the right mix of compassion and grounded pragmatism. In addition, everyone on her staff, from schedulers to physicians assistants, reflects her empathy, efficiency and skill. The office runs extremely well with short waits and ease in making appointments. She is outstanding.
in Hendersonville, NC |
Dr, Adams is always available and responsive. In dealing with difficult issues, she takes time to make sure all of the details are well understood. It is obvious she and her staff (and the staff of NYUMC in general) are focused on the patient and striving for the best result.
new york, ny |
Dr. Adams is extremely knowledgeable as well as being very kind and easily approached. I am extremely comfortable with her and know that she is taking excellent care of her patients. Her staff, ie her nurse practitioners are excellent as well, and the office is efficiently and pleasantly run.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Adams is truly an expert in her field. Without her expertise and knowledge, I would probably not be here today. She is compassionate, warm, and truly cares about the patient experience. When dealing with cancer, you want to make sure you are in the best hands and there is no one I would recommend more for someone dealing with breast cancer. Dr. Adams has never kept me waiting, has taken the time to learn about my family, and has truly become a friend to me during this journey.
in Manhasset, NY |
Dr. Adams is the kindest and most compassionate oncologist that I know...and I have been treated by a few in the past 13 years. She is attentive to my concerns. She explains clearly of my results from my scans, whether it's good or bad. She gives me hope as she tries to stay a few steps ahead of my illness. She will direct me to see other doctors if it's not her areas of expertise. She is someone I can trust. Her staff is unbelievable! I am very lucky to have her as my doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Sylvia Adams, MD?
Are you Dr. Adams?

See our Oncology Specialist at NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens

Visit Dr. Adams

Dr. Adams accepts 8 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    Preferred Blue PPO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO