Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD

Gastroenterology •  Male • Age 76

Dr. Sidi

Sylvain Sidi MD

310 N Wilmot Rd Ste 202 Tucson, AZ 85711

Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD is a Gastroenterology Specialist in Tucson, AZ and has over 48 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Sidi has more experience with Esophageal Disorders, Anal & Rectal Disorders, and Gastrointestinal Disorders than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Universite De Montpellier I, Ufr De Medecine medical school in 1972. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sidi to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Gastroenterologists in your area

See similar Gastroenterologists in Tucson

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Dr. Sidi accepts

Dr. Sidi accepts the following insurance:

Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
Coventry Health Care
Health Net
Health Net PPO
Medicare Advantage PFFS
Health Net of Arizona, Inc.
Health Net of Arizona HMO
Medicaid
Pacificare Life and Health Insurance Co
Principal Financial Group
Tricare
TriCare for Life
PacifiCare PPO
WellPoint

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Esophageal Disorders

Esophageal disorder specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the esophagus, such as reflux esophagitis, indigestion, and esophageal ulcers through procedures including medication, surgery, and swallowing therapy.Compare with other Esophageal Disorders specialists.

Typically treats 57% more than their peers

high

Dr. Sidi treats Esophagitis more than 86% of their peers

Dr. Sidi treats this condition more than 86% of their peers

Esophageal Achalasia and Cardiospasm

Dr. Sidi treats Esophageal Achalasia and Cardiospasm more than 77% of their peers

Dr. Sidi treats this condition more than 77% of their peers

Anal & Rectal Disorders

Compare with other Anal & Rectal Disorders specialists.

Typically treats 71% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Hemorrhoids

Dr. Sidi treats Hemorrhoids more than 92% of their peers

Anal or Rectal Pain

Dr. Sidi treats Anal or Rectal Pain more than 50% of their peers

Dr. Sidi treats this condition more than 50% of their peers

Gastrointestinal Disorders

Gastrointestinal disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that affect the gastrointestinal tract, including Crohn's disease, ulcers, hernias, and food poisoning.Compare with other Gastrointestinal Disorders specialists.

Typically treats 62% more than their peers

• Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • E. coli Food Poisoning
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Esophageal Achalasia and Cardiospasm
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Viral Infection
  • Vomiting Disorders

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD...

Offer weekend visits?

Offer evening visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Communicate via email?

Have free onsite parking?

Dr. Sidi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sidi

3.5

4.854368932038835%

Dr. Sidi?
Dr Sidi is a real asset to our community and real doctor! I had some serious issues and following his direction, the issues resolved. He may be strict in his approach, but; listen and follow his instruction as he is experienced and likely seen it all.
Vic – Jul 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
I love Dr. Sidi. He has been so thorough with finding the problems that I had suffered from for almost a year. I supposedly had seen one of Tucson’s best GI’s but the only time I actually saw the doctor himself was for an endoscopy and colonoscopy otherwise my office visits were with a nurse practitioner? A office worker? Maybe the janitor? But Dr. Sidi has seen me for every appointment, redid my endoscopy and colonoscopy, blood work, etc... and he figured me out! I am now on a medication that actually works! My stomach pains are gone. My IBS is under control and it’s all because he took the time to really listen to me. The other doctor who I will not mention said there was nothing more he could do for me unless I wanted to go to some compound in Canada. CANADA? Really? We do have excellent hospitals in the USA. Thank you Dr. Sidi! See you at my next follow up.
Judy P – Apr 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
My experience with Dr Sidi was good. However, his office staff is questionable. Dr Sidi ordered some blood tests of which two tests were not covered by Medicare and therefore Tricare could not cover those either. When I contacted them, they said that the MA would get back to me. That did not happen. A week later I called and they said that they would send the information to the lab. A few weeks later, the lab still did not have the information. When I called Dr Siti's office again, they had sent my chart to the wrong lab. Finally, when the lab received the information, it was just my chart with no explanation of why I needed the blood tests. I called them again today asking if I could get a memo from Dr Sidi as to the reason for the tests, I was informed that I would need to contact the billing department. I am unable to get a justification for the lab tests thereby forcing me to pay over $125 for two blood tests.
Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
If your looking for a respectful, caring, professional physician who listens to your concerns and communicates options for treatment, Dr. Sylvain Sidi is not the physician for you. If your looking for a direct, disrespectful, condescending, physician who displays arrogance and a total disregard for your concerns, Dr. Sylvain Sidi will meet your expectations . In reading the reviews rated one star It looks like everyone has covered everything I experienced on my first and only visit. I have never been spoken to in such a disrespectful way by a physician, and am truly amazed that Dr. Sylvain Sidi remains in business. Patients deserve better.
First and only visit. – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
Excellent! I have worked for 32 years in the medical profession and I know a good DR. or a not so good DR. after five minutes of dialogue with the medical professional I am dealing with. Dr Sidi's office is clean and well laid out.. The staff Renee, Daune and Lupe are caring courteous and truly genuine with there patient care. So if you.. want a Doctor that coddles you and lies to you so your feelings ar not hurt don't see him! If you want the best of the best than get in line.. What I love most of Dr. Sidi that he tells it as it is NO SUGAR Coating that's what you need and want from your medical provider THE TRUTH and sometimes the truth hurt's but it beets being DEAD because your DR. did not want to hurt your feelings! Like I said 32 years working in health care and DR. Sidi and staff get A+
May 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
Dr.Sidi was running late and was in a great hurry. He did not explain medication ordered or procedures ordered.These are things that I find very important.He also didn't make eye contact and I was mostly speaking to the back of his head as he was documenting info.
May 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
Rude, short, and unpleasant. Recommended every expensive procedure and test under the sun without even looking at my charts (which were never sent over from my last doctor even though I called ahead to make sure they got them in advance). The doctor I saw after him confirmed that he was way off the mark and had no idea what he was talking about. I also had to wait for 2 hours in a sweltering waiting room with no ventilation and no AC (talk about a health risk). This guy is a total quack and pr
Apr 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
My experience in Dr. Sidi’s office Was pleasant. He may be a bit dismissive and short. His staff was extremely helpful. They did everything they could to set my anxieties go rest and I truly appreciate their help.
Mar 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
It’s a pleasure to have Dr. Sidi as my Doctor. Dr. Sidi is very caring and professional. He takes his time, listens to my concerns, and solves my problems. He caught and treated me several times before pneumonia settled in and sent me to the hospital. His staff are courteous and professional. I highly recommend Dr. Sidi.
Tucson, AZ – Mar 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
This man is rude, condescending, and asked about literally everything besides my gastroenterology issues. I've had 2 week of constipation after weeks of diarrhea and severe pain after eating. I've had IBS-D for years, but never any pain after eating before. My PCP sent me there to investigate my gall bladder. Dr Sidi asked me if I do meth after saying I'm too thin (I weight 144 at 5'6), if I have ever been hospitalized for mental illness, and recommended ECT. I'm an academic, not an addict.
Tucson, AZ – Jan 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
Was angry that I made another appointment with him before a scheduled colonoscopy. As soon as I walked into the room he starts to very angrily ask why I was there "again". The reason was because his "solution" to a problem I was having had not worked and, since he WAS my doctor, I was there to see if he had a solution that worked.
AZ – Sep 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
Do your research!!!! After being treated by Dr. Sidi for an ERCP at St. Joseph’s Hospital, I ended up at Tucson Medical Center 2 days later with an infection. Fortunately the GI Dr. at TMC rectified the damage Dr Sidi caused.
Aug 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
After several weeks of waiting I got an appointment they cancelled on me last minute they rescheduled Me 3 weeks out here I go missing work again only to get a call again last minute. My appointment has been cancelled again. The receptionist was extremely rude and Unapologetic.
Brant in Tucson, AZ – Jun 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
He was very professional. His staff and nurses at my procedure were very nice and accommodating.
Marilyn in Benson, AZ – Jun 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
I wouldn’t recommend this Dr! Dawn was very rude and unprofessional over the phone, then when I checked in she was rude and condescending when I mentioned the phone issue telling me she was the manager. The nurse took me back right away only to have me wait for almost 2 hours. The Dr wasn’t any better, he has no bedside manner, didn’t listen to anything I had to say and accused me of doing drugs! I’ve never done a drug in my life! They have no right to treat people that way! I’ll never go back!
SS in Tucson – Mar 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
Dr. Sidi is not only a great GI doc, he has a great personality. He can make you laugh even when you're facing a colonoscopy! He's the best :)
Amy Steele in Tucson – Mar 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
I have had several procedures with Dr Sidi. I found him very personable, caring, and knowledgeable. I recommended him to my wife and she was also pleased with him. The staff was friendly, considerate and efficient. I would highly recommend Dr Sidi.
Jerome hulec in Tucson,AZ – Mar 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
Dr. Sidi and his team were great. My initial appointment prior to my procedure answered all my questions and made me feel at ease. The day of the procedure, he and his team took excellent care of me and were attentive, kind, and competent. I highly recommend him.
Tom in Tucson, AZ – Jan 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
The staff is terrible. They are rude and it takes FOREVER for them to do anything, I had several tests ordered and each time I called weeks after they were ordered and his office had failed to send the orders. I was never contacted by any of them for results and had to call to get them myself every time or when I called they said they didn't have results and when I call the testing location I was told they sent them mult times. Anytime I tried to address this I just got attitude from the staff.
S Fohr in Tucson, AZ – Jan 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
I have seen Dr. Sidi several times and have always found him to be deeply caring. He is knowledgeable, listens to any questions I may have, explains everything well. I would, and have, recommend him to friends and relatives.
Ann Wallmark in Tucson, AZ – Jan 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sidi?

Dr. Sidi's clinical expertise includes esophageal disease, Barrett's esophagus, inflammatory bowel disease and he has a special interest in liver disease and Biliary tract diseases, colon cancer screening, and health care outcomes. He is fellowship-t...Read more

• Gastroenterology

Universite De Montpellier I, Ufr De Medecine

• French
  • Italian

More Information

• Does Dr. Sidi communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Sidi communicates via email

• Does Dr. Sidi offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Sidi offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Sidi offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Sidi offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Sidi have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Sidi has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Sidi offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Sidi offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Sidi offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Sidi offers evening visits