Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD

Gastroenterology ·  Male · Age 75

Dr. Sidi

Sylvain Sidi MD

310 N Wilmot Rd Ste 202 Tucson, AZ 85711

Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Tucson, AZ and has been practicing for 42 years. He graduated from Universite De Montpellier I, Ufr De Medecine in 1972 and specializes in gastroenterology, colorectal surgery, and more.

Dr. Sidi accepts

Dr. Sidi accepts the following insurance:

Arizona Foundation
Coventry Health Care
Health Net
Health Net PPO
Medicare Advantage PFFS
Health Net of Arizona, Inc.
Health Net of Arizona HMO
Medicaid
Pacificare Life and Health Insurance Co
Principal Financial Group
Tricare
TriCare for Life
PacifiCare PPO
WellPoint

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Sidi's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • E. coli Food Poisoning
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Esophageal Achalasia and Cardiospasm
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Enteritis
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Viral Infection
  • Vomiting Disorders

Dr. Sidi's clinical expertise includes esophageal disease, Barrett's esophagus, inflammatory bowel disease and he has a special interest in liver disease and Biliary tract diseases, colon cancer screening, and health care outcomes. He is fellowship-t...

• Gastroenterology

5.1020408163265305%

Dr. Sidi?
Dr. Sidi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD
Excellent! I have worked for 32 years in the medical profession and I know a good DR. or a not so good DR. after five minutes of dialogue with the medical professional I am dealing with. Dr Sidi's office is clean and well laid out.. The staff Renee, Daune and Lupe are caring courteous and truly genuine with there patient care. So if you.. want a Doctor that coddles you and lies to you so your feelings ar not hurt don't see him! If you want the best of the best than get in line.. What I love most of Dr. Sidi that he tells it as it is NO SUGAR Coating that's what you need and want from your medical provider THE TRUTH and sometimes the truth hurt's but it beets being DEAD because your DR. did not want to hurt your feelings! Like I said 32 years working in health care and DR. Sidi and staff get A+
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
Dr.Sidi was running late and was in a great hurry. He did not explain medication ordered or procedures ordered.These are things that I find very important.He also didn't make eye contact and I was mostly speaking to the back of his head as he was documenting info.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
Rude, short, and unpleasant. Recommended every expensive procedure and test under the sun without even looking at my charts (which were never sent over from my last doctor even though I called ahead to make sure they got them in advance). The doctor I saw after him confirmed that he was way off the mark and had no idea what he was talking about. I also had to wait for 2 hours in a sweltering waiting room with no ventilation and no AC (talk about a health risk). This guy is a total quack and pr
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
My experience in Dr. Sidi’s office Was pleasant. He may be a bit dismissive and short. His staff was extremely helpful. They did everything they could to set my anxieties go rest and I truly appreciate their help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
It’s a pleasure to have Dr. Sidi as my Doctor. Dr. Sidi is very caring and professional. He takes his time, listens to my concerns, and solves my problems. He caught and treated me several times before pneumonia settled in and sent me to the hospital. His staff are courteous and professional. I highly recommend Dr. Sidi.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
This man is rude, condescending, and asked about literally everything besides my gastroenterology issues. I've had 2 week of constipation after weeks of diarrhea and severe pain after eating. I've had IBS-D for years, but never any pain after eating before. My PCP sent me there to investigate my gall bladder. Dr Sidi asked me if I do meth after saying I'm too thin (I weight 144 at 5'6), if I have ever been hospitalized for mental illness, and recommended ECT. I'm an academic, not an addict.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
Was angry that I made another appointment with him before a scheduled colonoscopy. As soon as I walked into the room he starts to very angrily ask why I was there "again". The reason was because his "solution" to a problem I was having had not worked and, since he WAS my doctor, I was there to see if he had a solution that worked.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
Do your research!!!! After being treated by Dr. Sidi for an ERCP at St. Joseph’s Hospital, I ended up at Tucson Medical Center 2 days later with an infection. Fortunately the GI Dr. at TMC rectified the damage Dr Sidi caused.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
Really incompetent and uncaring... went in with unusual abdominal distension/bloating, burning, fatigue... took one look at the patient info, saw 6 drinks/week, said there is nothing wrong with me, and that the distension was a "beer belly"... told him I was 210lbs 2 weeks ago, now 195, no beer... beer belly? He then said I had OCD. Bizarre. He grudgingly did abdominal manipulation and proclaimed I had "Fatty Liver Disease"!! (recent Liver test normal) Pushed HARD for a colonoscopy. AVOID
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
After several weeks of waiting I got an appointment they cancelled on me last minute they rescheduled Me 3 weeks out here I go missing work again only to get a call again last minute. My appointment has been cancelled again. The receptionist was extremely rude and Unapologetic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
He was very professional. His staff and nurses at my procedure were very nice and accommodating.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
I wouldn’t recommend this Dr! Dawn was very rude and unprofessional over the phone, then when I checked in she was rude and condescending when I mentioned the phone issue telling me she was the manager. The nurse took me back right away only to have me wait for almost 2 hours. The Dr wasn’t any better, he has no bedside manner, didn’t listen to anything I had to say and accused me of doing drugs! I’ve never done a drug in my life! They have no right to treat people that way! I’ll never go back!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
Dr. Sidi is not only a great GI doc, he has a great personality. He can make you laugh even when you're facing a colonoscopy! He's the best :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
I have had several procedures with Dr Sidi. I found him very personable, caring, and knowledgeable. I recommended him to my wife and she was also pleased with him. The staff was friendly, considerate and efficient. I would highly recommend Dr Sidi.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
Dr. Sidi and his team were great. My initial appointment prior to my procedure answered all my questions and made me feel at ease. The day of the procedure, he and his team took excellent care of me and were attentive, kind, and competent. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
The staff is terrible. They are rude and it takes FOREVER for them to do anything, I had several tests ordered and each time I called weeks after they were ordered and his office had failed to send the orders. I was never contacted by any of them for results and had to call to get them myself every time or when I called they said they didn't have results and when I call the testing location I was told they sent them mult times. Anytime I tried to address this I just got attitude from the staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
I have seen Dr. Sidi several times and have always found him to be deeply caring. He is knowledgeable, listens to any questions I may have, explains everything well. I would, and have, recommend him to friends and relatives.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
Worst experience ever. He's so unprofessional, disrespectful, and he has definitely lost his touch when it comes to patient care. No compassion at all. He never listened to my elderly mother history and concerns. He makes his diagnosis believing every patient with liver disease is an alcoholic, just like him. So sorry for those patients that still go to him, Please look for someone who is compassionate and professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
Dr. Sidi came highly recommended by my primary care Doctor. On my visit he was extremely patient and asked several times if I had any other questions. . His bedside manner is kind and caring. I would recommend him to others seeking a gastrointestinal specialist. His staff was courteous and professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
worst Doctor ever! the staff lies about him being a good doctor! they made it seem like he was great! He was on his cell phone for 20 min of my appointment! he was very rude and has no bedside manor! I will look for another Doctor who knows what they are doing and puts the patient first over his phone!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Sidi?