Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD

Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Sidi and his staff believe in working with our patients to maintain and improve their health. We work together to serve all of your gastroenterology needs in all stages of life in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. We also believe in educating our patients as we work with them to achieve the best physical state possible. Dr. Sylvain Sidi is a fellowship trained, board certified physician and fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology. Professional Associations: Pima County Medical Society American Society Gast Intestinal Endoscopy Fellow of The American College of Gst interoloy Fellow of the American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery Arizona Medical Associations

310 N Wilmot Rd Ste 202

Tucson, AZ 85711

• Arizona Foundation
  • Benesys
  • Centene

Learn about Dr. Sidi

See how frequently Dr. Sidi performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Abdominal Disorders
Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Dr. Sidi's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Sidi "Dr. Sidi's clinical expertise includes esophageal disease, Barrett's esophagus, inflammatory bowel disease and he has a special interest in liver disease and Biliary tract diseases, colon cancer screening, and health care outcomes. He is fellowship-trained in all gastrointestinal procedures including esophago-gastro-duodenoscopy (EGD), colonoscopy and endoscopic retrograde cholangio pancreatography (ERCP) and sphincierotomy."

• Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• CRH Hemorrhoid Banding
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Fecal Impaction Removal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoid Banding
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Liver Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Universite De Montpellier I, Ufr De Medecine
    Medical School | Graduated 1972
  • Tucson Hosps Med Ed Program
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1973
  • Tucson Hosps Med Ed Program
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1975
  • Tufts University St Elizabeth Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1977

Dr. Sidi has no media or publications listed.

• French
  • Italian

Dr. Sidi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sidi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sidi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sidi to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Sidi's Performance
in Tucson |
Dr. Sidi came highly recommended by my primary care Doctor. On my visit he was extremely patient and asked several times if I had any other questions. . His bedside manner is kind and caring. I would recommend him to others seeking a gastrointestinal specialist. His staff was courteous and professional.
Tucson, AZ |
worst Doctor ever! the staff lies about him being a good doctor! they made it seem like he was great! He was on his cell phone for 20 min of my appointment! he was very rude and has no bedside manor! I will look for another Doctor who knows what they are doing and puts the patient first over his phone!
in Douglas, AZ |
Dr. Sidi is very professional and caring. He is very knowledgeable and very interested in helping patients improve their health. I'm very glad I was referred to Dr. Sidi as he is helping me plan on healing and remaining healthy. Thank you!
Undoubtedly the most incompetent individual I've ever met. He should lose his license to practice medicine. He was not only rude and dismissive to me, but his staff as well. When reviewing my past surgical procedures, he said "I've never heard of joint replacement of the thumb." Since I've I had 6 surgeries on my spine, I brought up the subject of the DEA, he stated "I've never heard of the DEA).. No rectal exam, but he examined my teeth! Wrong end of my anatomy
Tucson, AZ |
I made sure Dr. Sidi was in my insurance network but the anesthelogist that was brought in for my procedure was not in my network. He billed me for $2400.00. Next time I'll get a doctor who is more transparent about costs and that all involved accept my insurance.
in Tucson, AZ |
I visited Dr. Did in September, 2017, due to IBS issues. My impression of him is that he is one of the most personable doctors I have ever met. He gave eye contact, used a sense of humor to bring ease to the situation and he was very knowledgeable. I had a smooth experience! The timing of the appointment was also very expedient, and he helped me with everything I needed. My issues have been managed beautifully since the appointment, due to his accurate assessment and remedies. Sincerely, JMK
in Arizona |
Very understanding doctor who listens his patients concern.Dr.Sidi made me feel comfortable being that this was a somewhat embarrassing situation
I've always suffered from stomach pain. I have been to so many doctors and no one has been able to tell me whats wrong. Finally someone referred me to the most amazing professional doctor I have ever been to Dr. Sidi! Off the bat he listened to me, he like actually listened he ran a few test right away and was able to diagnose. I feel so much better after feeling that this was all in my head for so many years I finally am able to live a normal life. Thank you so much Dr. Sidi!
Tucson, AZ |
had to wait over 2 hours to be seen. staff apologized but the doctor wasn't even there. when he arrived, didn't look like he knew how to use a computer. he kept asking his staff to help him. he answered his phone during my appointment and asked his staff to look at something that had nothing to do with me then didn't remember anything I told him before that. I also had to wait over 3 days to receive my prescription because the pharmacy couldn't read the paper he gave me. I will not return.
in Richards |
Dr. Sidi is an excellent doctor who listens to his patients. He will do all that he can to find out how to help his patients lead normal lives. I'm so glad I found Dr. Sidi.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Sidi is OUTSTANDING. He's been extremely engaged and committed to making me healthy. I've been to a countless GIs in Tucson, AZ over the years and he's proven, without a doubt, the most invested in my well being and most driven to solve my issues. Thank you Doctor I'm glad I finally found someone to go too.
Great experience.. Dr Sidi was very thorough and explained my whole medical plan that I will be doing!! Thank you
in Az |
I saw Dr. Sidi a couple days ago and I'm really glad I did. I saw him for a GI-related issue, but we ended up spending most of our time talking about the larger issue I have, of which I'm pretty sure the GI-related thing is a sub-issue. He had many ideas about this larger issue, and gave me some good tips and leads to explore, and wrote me a referral for another specialist. Very very knowledgeable, very sharp.
Tucson, AZ |
His staff is incompetent and rude. I have been attempting to get an important liver biopsy. He was supposed to be practicing in a hospital in my network, according to his website information, but he was not! Waited long time to get contract with the hospital. I have had to pick up records, contact the insurance company and the hospital. The hospital said his staff does not return telephone calls, and I know how that is so. He telephoned and left a nasty voicemail with no return number.
in tucson, az |
Dr Sidi explained the issues with my health exams thoroughly and in a manner I could understand. Very warm and friendly. I highly recommend him.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Sidi is knowledgeable doctor. He helping me a lot. Thank you :)
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr. Sidi was kind, compassionate, and thorough. He took plenty of time to talk to me so he could make a more accurate assessment of my problem. Despite it being late in the day, he was 100% attentive. It was heartening to find a doctor who practices medicine with such dedication.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Sidi is the best doctor I have seen for my condition. He's extremely knowledgeable and the treatments he's given have definately helped. He also speaks fluent Spanish which helps me understand much better. Thank you Dr. Sidi!
in Tucson, AZ |
outstanding, knowledgeable physician and person
in Tucson, AZ |
I found Dr. Sylvain courteous,open, friendly, frank, knowledgeable,caring,and interested in my health.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Sidi was a refreshing doctor who listened to me first, examined me, and then did detailed diagnostic tests to understand the source of my symptoms. In the followup meeting, he carefully answered all of my questions, offering detailed technical explanations and thoughts about MY health.
in Tucson, AZ |
He listens to you and takes a lot of time with you! He is very knowledgeable in his field, has excellent bed-side manners and I believe he cares more about his patients than most doctors I met in this town! From my first experience I would highly recommend doctor Sylvain Sidi.
Have you seen Dr. Sylvain Sidi, MD?
Are you Dr. Sidi?

• Centene
  • Health Net
    Health Net PPO
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
  • Health Net of Arizona, Inc.
    Health Net of Arizona HMO