Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 69

Dr. Palmer

Sylvain Palmer MD INC

27799 Medical Center Rd Ste 200 Mission Viejo, CA 92691

Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Mission Viejo, CA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Providence Mission Hospital Mission Viejo and Saddleback Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Palmer to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD with other Neurosurgery Specialists near you

Dr. Palmer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Palmer

Dr. Palmer

It's been two years since Dr. Palmer did my surgery, which was for L3-4 and L4-5 micro laminotomy and diskectomy, and L4-5 fusion using the Aspen device. I have maintained a daily morning regime of 45 minutes stretching and 30 minutes walking, since the operation. I've started lifting weights again. I'm 67 now and really started getting my back loosened up about 18 months after the surgery. But now my back feels better than it did 25 years ago. Core muscles have substantially improved to allow me to play golf as much as I want. I've never taken any pain medication for my back since the operation. I suggest to anyone to follow Dr. P's simple advice to "listen to your body." Give your body time to build up back and core muscles, some of which may be being used for the very first time. DO PHYSICAL THERAPY BEFORE AND AFTER THE OPERATION. Two thumbs up on the Aspen device.
Vince Vancho – Aug 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Palmer to family and friends. When I saw Dr Palmer recently, I was sure my issue was back and disc related. During the consultation I was asked to walk to the exam table to further diagnose my issue. Dr. Palmer let my daughter and I know, this wasn’t a back issue. He could tell by the way I was walking! He set up an MRI that afternoon and made an appointment with an Orthopedic surgeon for follow up the next day. Turns out I will be having hip replacement surgery soon to relieve my pain and get me back to living a normal, pain free life. I want to thank Dr. Palmer and Rose for their care and compassion. I’m so grateful. My family is grateful too.
Margaret B. – Mar 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
I had been experiencing severe neck pain for several years from being a jewelry designer. In December 2019, I woke up in the morning, stretched, and herniated a disc in my neck. It was so painful that I went to the ER and a few days later, I was in the hands of Dr. Palmer. He knew that it was a serious injury that would require surgery. He also knew that I was very scared about that possibility and he never pressured me. He gave me space and time, allowed me to do physical therapy etc., which didn’t work. A month later I went back in and scheduled my appointment. After meeting with him again, I felt confident that I did not need a second opinion. Since my first visit, I had met 5 people who had him as a surgeon and had nothing but high regards for him. I am so grateful that I ended up in his care. I can honestly say that he changed my life!! I hope that others will have the same experience that I had. I am forever grateful to Dr. Palmer!
Lindsie Jones – Feb 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
Dr Palmer and his staff are amazing. They took extremely good care of me, like I was family. The hospital staff was the same, making sure I had everything I needed. Rose was excellent in making sure all my appointments were made convenient for me. The surgery went so well, I did not have any pain after the surgery, none. I recommend Dr Palmer to anyone with spinal pain.
Terry – Nov 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
I always highly recommend Dr. Sylvain Palmer to everyone! Along with my multiple-procedure, surgery's this year, interacting with Dr. Palmer for the past years in various consultations, MRI and Xray reviews, ~ He's "exceeded my expectations. He's precise, has an exemplary chair side maker; user friendly. I always have dozens of questions, and he's been calmly patient with me always. ~ His reputation appears to be sterling. I've had 4 other Doctor-Specialists confide in me, that he's the surgeon that the rest of us doctors go to. That's quite an inside testimonial!! His staff is "WONDERFUL." Viviana, wonderfully competent with all the paperwork and insurance logistics. Then there's Rose! Rose is the heart of Dr. Sylvain Palmers Practice. She's always attentive, follows thru, goes the extra mile and appears to care. Takes my situation personally; empathetic. Rose truly was my Angel thru this 9 month (pre op--post op) duration. It's a vulnerable trek; she great!! Rw
Richard Wisniach – Aug 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
Everything about my experience with Dr. Palmer was exceptional. From the front office staff (Rose & Viviana) to the whole process surrounding my discectomy surgery. Dr Palmer and his staff went that "extra mile" to accelerate my surgery on extremely short notice and managed all my intake and insurance approvals in a fast and efficient manner with exceptional communication to me about the procedure as well as my post-op rehabilitation. Rose and Viviana were especially caring about my situation and medical needs. And on top of all of this my results from my surgery by Dr. Palmer were way beyond my expectations. I walked out of the surgery center pain free and have been that way ever since (3 weeks post-op - fingers crossed!). I would highly recommend Dr Palmer. He is an incredible surgeon who cares about his patients.
Aug 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
I am 74 years old and had a 3 level anterior (front) cervical (neck) decompression and fusion just over a year ago for spinial stenosis causing loss of balance and degenerative disc disease that would cause recurrent neck pain. My recovery has been spectacular with no pain since surgery. I am back to golf and tennis normally. Dr. Palmer has been outstanding before and after surgery in every way possible. I am most grateful for his knowledge, skills and style of personal care. Ray Imatani, MD 6/3/20
Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
1) This guy used inappropriately lightweight cervical fusion hardware, suitable for a single level-fusion, but far too weak for the complicated multi-level fusion I needed. 2) After three months one of the implanted devices failed. Cracked right in half. I had to spot that on films myself; he totally missed it. Say it again: this dude used it inappropriately, JUST TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. HE EXPERIMENTED ON ME WITHOUT CONSENT. Doctors who like their licenses don't do that. 3) As the hardware failed the soft tissue around my spinal cord failed as well, leading to relapse of symptoms worse than pre-surgery. As I reported these problems, this fool INSISTED that it was NOT HIS PROBLEM. All he ever said was, "look at that beautiful curvature I restored in your neck!" Never ordered an MRI to investigate severe pain. I went around him, primary care, neuro, MRI, proved this guy to be FLAT OUT WRONG, incompetent, arrogant, negligent, dangerous.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Run Away! – May 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
I had extended back surgery a year ago. i had 90% blockage of my spine. I just had my 1 year check-up and I'm doing great. Dr. Sylvan Palmer is a miracle worker. A 10 out of a 10. After the 1st 3 weeks, I had no pain, and I take no pain medication. but I do do specific exercises and walk a lot.
Anne O'Hollearn – Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
The best anyone could ever have this family is great him and his brother I have had a good experience with them for 20 years
Jason gulvartian – Feb 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
Dr. Palmer is a saint, he is liberated my pain that I had for years. I am highly recommend Dr. Palmer
Jan 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
I had neck surgery in January 2018. I had an artificial disk and fusion. Prior to surgery I had severe left arm pain and had very limited mobility. Both the fusion and the disk are functioning well and my arm pain is gone. Dr. Palmer has a great bedside manner and always takes time to answer my questions.
Kim L – Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
I had back surgery at L3/4 for herniated disc and a synovial cyst. I am 71 years old. I went into surgery needing crutches to walk. I walked out of the hospital on my own. After 2 months I have no pain and feel great. Sylvain Palmer gave me new life.
Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
My experience and surgery Could not have been better
John haverstock – Oct 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
Dr. Palmer is an outstanding surgeon with the excellent skills. We are so lucky to have him performed the disc protrusion surgery on my husband January 2019. Dr. Palmer restored my husband’s back & totally improved my husband’s quality of life. We deeply appreciate Dr. Palmer and his staffs’ professional mastery, compassion and true kindness.
Fonglee – Sep 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
Amazing skills and personal bedside manner. Takes time to answer questions.
Sep 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
I went to Dr. Palmer twice, once for my neck C6/C7 and once for my lower back L4/L5. He saved me, very thankful for his expertise.
Sep 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
Dr. Palmer performed spinal stenosis surgery and also fused L3 thru L5. Pre-surgery walking, sitting, standing or just every day living was painful. I would experience loss of feeling walking short distances and leaning on a shopping cart was required for short trips to the store. Now post surgery talking 5 to 10 mile walk is such a tremendous joy. I'm back in the water again with my waders fly fishing without fear of losing my footing and going under. I am so pleased with the outcome and so very thankful Dr. Palmer performed my surgery. I'm not sure where I would be today without his care, expertise and skill. Thank you so much Dr. Palmer!
Kevin C. – Aug 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
Dr. Palmer is great. I could not be more pleased with my spinal surgery.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Ali Adibi – Aug 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?
Nothing but positive things to say about Dr Palmer and his office staff. Dr Palmer performed a microdisectomy & laminectomy on the L5-S1 disc of my lower lumbar spine. Surgery post-op & and recovery were completely painless. The customer service I received was as good as it gets. Their team truly cares about their patients, as evident by the follow up phone calls from his assistants immediately post procedure and every couple of days thereafter. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone is experiencing severe lower back & nerve pain.
Chris in Woodside , CA – Aug 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sylvain Palmer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Palmer?

Dr. Sylvain Palmer grew up in Detroit, Michigan. He attended Cornell University and completed his Bachelor of Arts Degree at The Johns Hopkins University,...Read more

• Neurosurgery