Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD

Dr. Naqvi
Telehealth services available

Sunrise Counseling Center LTD

107 W Main St Ste 2 East Islip, NY 11730

Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in East Islip, NY. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Naqvi to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Dr. Naqvi's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizophrenia

Dr. Naqvi accepts

Dr. Naqvi accepts the following insurance:

Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

Dr. Naqvi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Naqvi

1.7

Dr. Naqvi?
  • Wait times (20)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (8)
  • Explained conditions well (8)
  • Appointment was rushed (34)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (34)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (34)
I was a post-COVID patient and everything was tele-healthed for depression. Only the first visit was on logged video conference. No ask of weight, height or anything asked by Naqvi himself to verify what was given to the secretary. Everything after that was a 2-4 minute phone call where I was not so subtly asked what type and strength of medication I wanted. He didn't care for a description of how I was feeling outside of side-effects. I eventually found help by other professionals, but good grief.
Nov 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
told a patient there was no hope for them when they asked to be put on a different medication for anxiety because their current one didn't seem to be working. this man doesn't deserve to have a medical license if that's how he treats struggling patients.
Aug 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
Always very professional. Dr. Naqvi has helped me in managing my depression. I am the most stable I have been in years.
Mar 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
Saw me for less than 5 minutes and did not seem at all interested in what I was going through. Walked out feeling worse than I did going in. Probably my worst experience with a mental health professional.
Feb 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
I read the reviews here and I still figured maybe he would be nice. Well, the man is a jerk. He never let me finish a sentence and was rude. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Graceful Owl – Sep 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
Brief, didn’t seem to care
Paul – Aug 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
This man is the worst. He does not care about his patients. He's arrogant, rude and he should be looked into. That whole place is a scam.
May 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
I have been to many mental health professionals and Dr. Naqvi is by far the ABSOLUTE WORST. Last week when I asked him a question he replied with "that's what I had just said, didn't you hear me?" I have had an entire childhood in which I endured much abuse, neglect and toxic people around me. I certainly do not need to accept that from a doctor! Previous patients of his warned me and I should have never given him the benefit of the doubt. COLD is an understatement.
Feb 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
Would never ever recommended anyone to this Doctor. He made me cry the first visit with him, threw me out of his office after waiting 3 months to see him. He is horrible.
Feb 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Nakvi for 4 years and he is very informed, courteous, accommodating and has helped me manage my mental illness.
venessa – Jul 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
Horrible experience. Upon walking in he ask me what do i want? So much for doing a proper consultation and evaluating me. Disgrace to the profession. Walked out and will never go back. Please think twice before going.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Jun 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
Dr Naqvi is rude and extremely incompetent I? would not recommend him on any level. He has no integrity and is not interested in helping the true person! He just wants to fill a prescription and get a pay check
Oakdale – Nov 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
If I could leave 0 stars I would. This doctor isn't horrible and spends less than 3 minutes per visit. just prescribed me meds I've been on. I became pregnant and went straight to him to make sure my baby was safe and he told me to stop taking them right away he can't treat me anymore because of pregnancy. I didn't sleep for 6 days straight and was nearly hospitalized for a psychotic episode. Everyone who i told (including my new dr) was APPALLED. You never just STOP taking meds. Horrible.
Central Islip, NY – May 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
Not very good at all. On my first visit, he didn't even evaluate me. He asked ME what my diagnosis was. He just increased my current dose. When I went back and told him it wasn't helping, he told me that I'm still going to feel bad regardless. Totally validated my negative thought pattern that I was beyond help. He only spends 5 minutes with me and he doesn't even remember me. Don't see him.
Casey in Bay shore, NY – Dec 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
Has to be hands down the WORST experience I've ever gone through with a doctor. Being treated for GAD he felt it was best to keep me on xanax after I originally told him I don't want to take the medication. One SSRI tried with horrible side effects. I called him and told him of the SX and he tells me just keep taking the Xanax. Next visit I told him I was depressed and felt worse on xanax and he ups my dosage. I began to ask questions about alternatives and he told me "you've asked me enough ?s"
Steve in East islip – Dec 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
If I could give 0 stars, I would . This man had no interest in me or my dilemmas . On my intake he gave me less than 5 minutes of his time, after having worked 9 hours and In need of help , this Man offers absolutely nothing and blatantly expresses his disinterest . For the love of God , do not use dr naqvi
Ms. Treated in Islip , ny – Sep 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
Horrible psychiatrist! Spends less than 5 mins with you and doesn't care about your opinion or what's in your best interest. He's rude and unsympathetic and just wants to take your money. Do not go to him! Total waste of time and money!
Bayport, NY – Aug 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
Horrible. Just wants a copayment your in the office for 2 mins and then he wants to see you rveryb3 weeks. The office girls at the front are so nasty
Bay Shore, NY – Aug 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
He is the WORST doctor I have ever been to. He refused to see me as a patient after some visits because when I asked, verbatim, I would like to try a new medicine if we can because this is not really working for me and he yelled at me Are you questioning my authority?! I am not taking this abuse. Get out! I was left speechless. I was in shock, I just left. At the prior meeting, he took med off medicine abruptly and I was left with horrible, painful withdrawals. My GP said I should sue him.
Vincent H. in Bay Shore, NY – Jul 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?
This doctor is all about the money and not the patients. In my opinion he is the worst doctor I have ever visited and is what's wrong with the medical system in this county. I have GHI insurance for 15 years. Have been his patient for 1 year.
Rachel in Islip ny – May 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syedqambar Naqvi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Naqvi?

• Psychiatry