Cardiology  |
Dr. Syed Raza, MD
Dr. Raza completed his cardiovascular training in Virginia and is trained in all aspects of cardiology. Having board certifications in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases, Interventional Cardiology, Nuclear Cardiology, Cardiac Computed Tomography and Comprehensive Echocardiography as well as advanced training in Cardiac MRI and vascular ultrasonography places him in a very unique position to offer all aspects of cardiovascular care under one roof. It also allows him to recommend the best and most cost effective route to reaching a diagnosis and prides himself in being a diagnostician. In addition to being a master diagnostician, he received additional training in performing interventional cardiology procedures including cardiac catheterization, coronary angioplasty and stenting, peripheral angioplasty and stenting as well as high risk procedures with hemodynamic support. He is one of the few interventional cardiologists in the region who can perform coronary angioplasty and stenting thru the small blood vessel in the wrist (radial artery route) which is a lot more comfortably and less risky than the groin route. Having extensive training and board certifications in all aspects of cardiovascular care, Dr. Raza believes the most important aspect remains good history taking skills and likes to spend time listening to his patients during their visit.

2627 Chestnut Ridge Dr Ste 100

Kingwood, TX 77339

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Community Health Choice
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Humana Health Plan of Texas
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Raza

Dr. Raza is a comprehensively trained cardiovascular physician and is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases, Interventional Cardiology, Nuclear Cardiology, Cardiac Echocardiography and Cardiac CT. In addition, he has advanced training in Cardiac MRI and vascular ultrasound. Dr. Raza prides himself in being one of the very few cardiologists with maximum possible board certifications in the US and would like to provide the best possible care to his patients.

Dr. Raza's Experience

Dr. Raza's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cardiology
  • Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Interventional Cardiology

• Cardiology

• Cardiomyopathy
  • Cardiovascular Disease
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Varicose Veins

• Angioplasty With Stent Placement
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Fluoroscopy
  • Holter Monitoring
  • Impella Device
  • Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP)
  • Moderate Sedation
  • Renal Artery Angioplasty
  • Rotational Atherectomy
  • Tilt Table Testing
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Treadmill Stress Test

• Michigan State University Internal Med Residency
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Virginia Commonwealth University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Raza has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Raza does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Raza and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Raza's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Raza to family and friends
Dr. Raza's Performance
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Raza saved me from a catastrophic heart attack. He and his office are always available and are very easy to talk with, as well as extremely supportive. Would highly recommend.
in Kingwood, TX |
I would recommend Dr Raza to anyone. He spends a lot of time talking about my problems and the solutions. He is EXCELLENT!
in Kingwood, TX |
Dr.Raza and staff have been such a blessing. They saw my condition and took action to fix it. I feel they see me as a person and not just a patient. I am very pleased to have him as my Dr.
in Kingwood, TX |
Dr. Raza is a great cardiologist. He makes sure you have a clear understanding as well as takes time to answer all your questions.
in Livingston, TX |
I discovered Dr. Raza around a year ago, after a suffering a stroke, at a fairly young age, and he has taken care of me from day one. Thoroughly explaining my care, my medicine, noting my progress, and encouraging me along the way. I mainly see him at the Livingston location, and his staff are caring and friendly, and I'm never left waiting longer than a few minutes to actually see the doctor. Dr. Raza is a wonderful doctor, and man, and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a cardiologis
in Livingston, TX |
Dr. Raza is the best!! I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends. My husband and I both have him for our cardiologist. He listens to you and talks with you as a friend. He asks questions about our health and always wants to know if we have questions. He is a great doctor.
in Kingwood, TX |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Raza to friends and family. I have been seeing him for about 2 years now and I couldn't be more happy. He's very attentive and truly cares about his patients. He asks questions about your health to ensure that you're fine, but also opens the floor each time for you to ask questions. Great MD!
in Kingwood, TX |
DR Raza is the best i'm alive because of him!!! May GOD hold his hand forever
in Humble, TX |
In my opinion Dr Raza is an excellent doctor who listens to you and actually does what he says. The whole cardiac group are awesome. Dr Strickland is the surgeon and saved my life. I am forever grateful and my family is to.
in Kingwood, TX |
I had the pleasure of seeing Dr Raza, for a heart condition I thought I had. he was very thorough in his tests, very understanding and put all my worries to rest with his detailed explanation. he also was very caring and very passionate about what he was talking about.
Humble, TX |
I am a retired Cardiovascular OR nurse who has worked with a lot of Cardiologist and I have to say Dr. Raza is one of the best and I have recommended him to several of my friends and neighbors.
in Kingwood, TX |
I am very happy with the care and concern shown me by Dr. Syed Raza. I have every confidence in his treatment of my health concerns.
in Livingston, TX |
Dr Raza is very knowleadgeable and very kind. He answered all my questions and was very patient. I now have my high school girl looking legs back, thank you Dr Raza.
in Livingston, TX |
I'm 81yr old female. I've seen Dr. Raza 4 times in early 2016 for vericose veins, leg pain and feet numbness. I've had two of 4 Venefit procedures. The last two are scheduled before end of April, 2016. I've had excellent and efficient service from everyone in his office. Dr. Raza is competent and caring, answers all my questions, has performed the procedures with no pain except the deadening agent pricks. The numbness in my feet and bulging veins are 90% gone.
Have you seen Dr. Syed Raza, MD?
Are you Dr. Raza?

See our Cardiology Specialist at Kingwood Medical Center

Visit Dr. Raza

Dr. Raza accepts 17 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Community Health Choice
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA