Dr. Syed Nasir, MD

Dr. Syed Nasir, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Syed Nasir, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Newburgh, NY. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 26 years.

5159 Route 9W Ste B

Newburgh, NY 12550

• Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • MVP Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Nasir

See how frequently Dr. Nasir performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Thrombosis
Restless Leg Syndrome
Headache

Dr. Nasir's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology
  • Other

Dr. Nasir does not have any board certifications listed.

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Dow Medical College, Dow University Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1991

Dr. Nasir has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Nasir has no media or publications listed.

• Panjabi

Dr. Nasir does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nasir and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nasir's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nasir to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Nasir's Performance
    FAIR
    FAIR
in Marlboro, NY |
This is by far the rudest office staff that I have ever dealt with. None of these people should be working with the public. The staff are nasty nasty people. Dr. Nasir Had me get $75,000 worth of treatments for a condition that I didn't have. If you need a neurologist don't walk away from Dr. Nasir......run!!
Newburgh, NY |
Very good bedside manner. Always explains everything in great details.
Newburgh, NY |
Ive been seeing Dr Nasir for quite some time now and NEVER had ANY issued. Being a patient for more than 5 years I've seen people taunt the poor girls up front its disgusting how patients act and then have the audacity to write bad things on line about them. I personally trust everyone in this office and enjoy coming to see them. Please dont believe the bad reviews that you see Dr Nasir and his staff,they are terrific I would recommend him any day.
Newburgh, NY |
Great Doctor, Very Very Caring. He Surely Goes Above & Beyond For The Care Of His Patients. Staff As Well, The Girls Exceed Their Duties. I Have Witnessed Myself Them Deal With Verbal And Physical Abuse And Its Not Write. I Would Recommend Doctor And His Staff Any Day!!!!!!
Newburgh, NY |
The Doctor is good, physicians assistant is wonderful BUT the front desk staff is rude, inattentive and outright lied to me on several occasions. It took WEEKS to get appointments set up for MRIs, each call was either not answered or answered with a nasty tone as if I'm interrupting her day!! She called two hours before my appointment to reschedule my appointment because "you called earlier to cancel"-- well, I never cancelled and had been waiting for weeks for this appointment. she is a liar.
in Gardiner N Y |
I have been a patient for over 5 years, this physician is attentive, caring and he listens. I have absolutely no complaints regarding this physician, I would certainly recommend him to any family member. His office is very attractive and very clean. I find his staff friendly and competent.
in Newburgh NY |
I made an appointment with the friendly staff. I had a 12:15PM apt and arrived early, sign in was easy and was seen by Dr. Nasir exactly when my apt was. I came to the Dr. with a list of symptoms and he took the time to listen to me and my concerns. I feel Dr Nasir is thorough and will totally take care of his patients. I will continue to use Dr. Nasir.
in New York, NY |
Costumer services very rude, they charge me $50 dollars for being late and try to reschedull and another $50 for not show on day of services, but they dont do reminder call before that like everyone else, is like they trying to miss your appt and being charge
in Beacon, NY |
Was referred to Dr Nasir by our Cardiologist and LOVE him. Very calming during a time of crisis, explains everything in a way we could understand, took the time needed to answer every question (over 2 hours). We would refer everyone that needs a neurologist to him.
Wappinger's Falls, N.Y. |
Came to this office on time with a patient last week and 30mins early this week. Wasn't seen either time because the wait time was over 90mins long last week and 2hrs long this week. Both patient were so upset and didn't want to wait that long to be seen for 5-10mins. The front desk staff are very RUDE and not helpful at all.
in Newburgh, NY |
I would recommend Dr. Nasir to anyone needing neurological services. Dr. Nasir is knowledgeable, professional, aware and through. My first exposure to him was in a hospital setting where he immediately built trust and helped me understand my condition. He continued this level of service at his office where he does not leave the exam room until the patient understands what he has explained. The staff is both professional and friendly. The wait time is short whether for office visit or testing
in Highland Mills, NY |
Dr. Nasir is very caring, courteous and easy to speak with.
in Newburgh, NY |
Dr Nasir is thoughtful and considerate, he listens to your concerns and provides well thought out solutions. He does not rush thru an appointment but gives you all the time you feel you require.His explainations are clear and understandable (as is his handwriting) which is a welcome change from other physicians. He is patient and observant.(and pleasant )
in Mountainville, NY |
I have been going to Dr. Nasir for about ten years. I am very satisfied with his care. He is very polite and friendly and has met my specific needs over the years. I have several health issues causing me to need to see several different doctors. Dr. Nasir is one of the very best! His staff is also very caring as well making it easy to make appointments and update prescriptions.
in Monroe, NY |
I have to say that I'm surprised by the reviews I am seeing here as my experience (3+ years as a patient) have been the opposite. Dr. Nasir has always taken as much time as needed to make sure I understand everything going on with my condition & the course of treatment. The office staff has always been pleasant & easy to deal with & I've never had a problem calling in prescription refills. He has recently added a nurse practioner who is a great addition to the staff
in NewburghNY |
Very patent with us, and works very hard to find salut ion to my problems. He found my problem after I was in the hospital for seven days only to be told they could find nothing, he found it three days later at an office visit. At another time he saved my life by finding a life threating problem and got me to the hospital and put me in intensive care that was able to fix my problem after six weeks in the hospital. Four other Dr. Missed what was wrong with me.
in Walden, NY |
The most unprofessional and incompetent group that I have ever had the displeasure to deal with. The office staff is rude and incompetent. Visit this doctor if you like being insulted by the employees. From all the other bad reviews here, I can tell that this was not an isolated incident. When the doctor is out of business he will only have his rude staff and managers to blame.
Newburgh NY |
Stay away! You will be treated like you are a criminal by his office staff. Although you are sick and feeling pain and stress, these girls will treat you like you are scum on a shoe. I have seen them yell at people while at my visits and been talked to like I am a two year old. It's a shame because Dr. Nasir is a good doctor but they are like pit bulls who do not let you get the proper care by him anyways.
in New York, NY |
DISGUSTING STAFF.. Was fine during my appointment. Thought Dr. Nassir was helpful. They sent me a no show fee, I called and asked them to waive, as the number they had was no longer my number. The receptionist Tiffany was the most disgusting human being I've ever spoken to in my life. She attacked me and said i was being rude. I asked how i was being rude and she FLIPPED. after 20 calls because she hung up on me over and over i had to have my co worker call to mediate and they FORBID me to come
in Newburgh, NY |
Only go here if every Neurologist on this earth is dead. The staff is horrible and they talk to patients as if they're are homeless people on the street. Dr. Nasir is always to busy to talk or out the office. I had to wait for 45 min in an empty office on my first initial visit. Crazy. And when I would call the office to ask a basic question I was screamed at and hung up on. I went to the office to talk to someone and was met with a screaming nurse telling me I can leave and fine another doctor
in New Windsor,NY |
Dr. Nasir was extremely rude when I asked him a simple question. He turned to me and asked me are you a doctor? Because I asked a few questions so I got up and left the room he slams the door closed behind me. He was a extremely rude trying to force me to take a certain type of shot that I did not want to take. I do not recommend anyone to this Dr. If you like to ask questions about what he recommends bc apparently he doesn't allow you to ask questions.
New Windsor, NY |
Felt rushed and ignored during my appointment. When i pressed him he said that of course he would renew my prescription for the medication i've been on for years all i needed to do was call. A month later when it was time to renew there was absolutely no response from Dr. Nasir. Repeated calls to the office and the incompetent and rude receptionist were never returned. Avoid this office.
in Monroe, NY |
My brother started seeing this Doctor a few years ago when he had to relocate and see a neurologist close to home in Monroe however he always returned from the appointment very upset. Doctor never showed concern and the staff was very very rude. Then that office closed and he had no choice but to go to Newburgh. This office is worse, the Doctor has no interest in addressing patient health conditions or concerns and the staff is worse. A young lady named Lisa is very rude and disrespectful.
Central Valley, NY |
Dr. Nasir is knowledgeable AND caring a rare combination in medical practitioners today. He is an excellent doctor, his office staff however , leaves a lot to be desired.
in New Windsor NY |
I was a first time patient there, due to a death in the family I was unable to make the appointment. I called the office to cancel my appointment the day before my appointment. I now a week later receive a 50.00 charge, not to emotion I call to speak to a supervisor or the doctor & the receptionist was the rudest person I've ever spoke to. Not great representation. I wouldn't refer anyone to this doctor due to representation.
Have you seen Dr. Syed Nasir, MD?
Are you Dr. Nasir?

Visit Dr. Nasir

Dr. Nasir accepts 7 insurance carriers
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO