Dr. Syed Habib, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 59

Dr. Habib

Habib Orthopaedics

2050 N Haggerty Rd Ste 200 Canton, MI 48187

Dr. Syed Habib, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Canton, MI and has been practicing for 27 years. He graduated from Sindh Medical College in 1985 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and more.

Dr. Habib accepts

Dr. Habib accepts the following insurance:

HAP Insurance
Preferred PPO
Medicaid
Priority Health
Priority PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check Dr. Habib's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Habib's Top Procedures and Conditions

Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open

Dr. Habib performs Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Habib performs this procedure more than 99% of his peers

Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

Dr. Habib performs Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Habib performs this procedure more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Ankle Fracture Repair

• Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Fractured Lower Leg
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fracture
  • Wrist Replacement

I believe that being a good doctor and surgeon involves treating patients with respect, care and empathy. It is important for me to listen to my patients and discuss their needs. This allows me to use my knowledge, skill and experience to help patients make correct informed decisions about their care. In doing so, we can work together towards reaching the best possible goals.

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

5.128205128205129%

Dr. Habib?
Dr. Habib's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Syed Habib, MD
Dr Habib did my shoulder surg. I was able to return to work 1 month earlier. Very successful operation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
Dr. Habib and his staff did an excellent job. When it was determined that I had a unique injury - an ACL avulsion/tibial eminence fracture and meniscus tear, Dr. Habib took his time with planning. He was able to fix my injury completely arthroscopically. Other surgeons may have jumped to do an ACL reconstruction, a much more invasive and partially open procedure. I was back to running in 3 months. I am now back to playing high level basketball at the same strength as before the injury.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Habib! I worked with him as an inpatient ortho nurse, and I was so impressed by his bedside manner and the high standards of care that he held to both himself and the staff that I referred my father to him for a much-needed hip replacement. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon! Dr. Habib was attentive, patient, kind, and was always happy to answer questions. Also, I never once saw one of his patients come back with an infection. Highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
Dr. Habit preformed surgery on my left lateral meniscus in October 2018. He was very professional and forthright. Jump 3 months later after surgery and physical therapy, my meniscus is healing very well. Hoping to be ready to golf in the spring!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
My husband fell 15 feet and fractured his ankle in 3 places and ruptured a ligament. Dr. Habib was very knowledgable about this type of injury and educated us through the process going forward. We would highly recommend him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
Drove over 200 miles one way to have a knee scope for my husband with Dr. Habib. Dr. Habib goes above and beyond to explain procedures and possible outcomes before surgery and the actual outcome after surgery. He made contact with my husband two days after surgery to see how he was doing and offer advice. He is all around the BEST ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON!! More than pleased with the outcome and will travel again to see him if any other surgeries are needed for my family in the future.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
Dr. Habib is an incredible surgeon with a very gentle, patient & caring bedside manner. He never rushes thru appointments & answers all questions thoroughly. He performed 2 wrist surgeries & 1 hip surgery (he came in on his day off this time) for my 91 year old mother. He also performed a knee surgery for myself this year. I would not even consider another surgeon to perform any orthopedic treatment. Dr. Habib is top notch and an incredible person, who goes above and beyond every time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
Dr. Habib has repaired rotator cuffs on both of my shoulders. I have regained full range of motion in both shoulders. Dr. is friendly , was on time for appointments, treated me with respect, acted professionally and is very knowledgeable. He takes time to explain in terms you understand and answers all your questions. His staff was very helpful in obtaining test results from my doctor. He is conveniently located on the first floor. I would recommend him to anyone in my family and to friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
I chose Dr. Habib for what turned out to be meniscus repair surgery. I found him to be very knowledgeable and he took his time answering all of our questions regarding the problem and surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
My shoulder was damaged in a fall. I had a torn Supraspinatus muscle and damage to the long head Bicep Tendon. I also had Arthritis, bone spurs and damage to the Labrum. Dr. Habib went over what he expected to find and accomplish with the surgery. He answered all of my questions and concerns and made me feel very comfortable. My husband and family were happy with the post surgical discussion at the hospital. I am extremely pleased with my care and highly recommend Dr. Habib and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
Dr Habib did my very successful full knee replacement surgery. Back to my daily activities within 6 weeks! Thank you Dr Habib!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
I’m very glad that I chose Dr. Habib for what turned out to be meniscus repair surgery. Not only is Dr. Habib a skilled surgeon, but he also treats patients with kindness and respect. I was especially grateful for the time he spent answering my questions and reassuring me that I’d get back to normal activities relatively soon after surgery. The office and medical staff at this practice is also top-notch. Thanks to all!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
Had shoulder surgery with Dr. Habib three months ago. Less painful recovery than I expected. Dr. Habib makes sure he fixes you up as quickly and painlessly as possible. Wouldn't go anywhere else with these types of injuries.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
I have had 3 surgeries with Dr. Habib. The first and second surgeries were for a left and right knee torn meniscus. Both of those surgeries along with his recommendation for physical therapy were a complete success. On July 11, 2018, I had a partial right knee replacement. That was 8 weeks ago. Today, I am totally pain free, my incision has healed beautifully and I am able to get back into most of my 'normal daily' routines. Dr. Habib is my hero! Thank You and Blessings!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
He’s not even worth one star.... would never recomed Dr. Habib. My fiancé broke his hand and Dr. Habib decided to tell him to exercise his hand and taped his pinckey and ring finger together. After getting a second opinion the experienced doctor told him he needed immediate surgery because of his medicarpal was completely shattered. If you want to have a functioning hand down the road chose a different hand surgeon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
I am impressed with the professionalism of not only Dr. Habib but his whole staff at Livingston Ortho. I had a anterior inferior laberal tear from falling at work. I had surgery on 6/25/18, at that point i was told I wouldnt be returning to work for min. of 3 months. Coming in for the surgery i was very nervous, the staff helped make me very comfortable and the surgery was a success. I went back to work after 6 weeks, no motion restriction & my shoulder is better than ever! Even golfing. Thank u
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
My ankle was dislocated and severely fractured requiring a permanent plate and screws. Dr. Habib made me at ease with his knowledge, desire for perfection, and focus on the best solution and recovery. Not knowing Dr. Habib before my surgery, I feel blessed that I was given his name. He is serious and skilled at his practice, but also very calming and kind face-to-face. I can walk again without fear, thanks to Dr. Habib.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
After my 2 week postop. exam, I praised Dr. Habib, through this media, as being very personable and professional throughout my broken arm surgery and exam. However, the comments, even though being factual, were simply window dressing, compared with the most important aspect, which is the 2 1/2 hour complicated operation was successful, without complications!!! No physical therapy required, but another 6 weeks of healing, with no excess stress allowed for the 6 break upper left arm!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
Dr.S.Habib, was incredibly patient, and professional.I would highly recommend him, for any orthopedic surgery, 100% satisfied! Thank you Dr. Habib.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Syed Habib, MD?
Would highly recommend. Very nice man and experience. I was explained everything very thoroughly.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Habib?