Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Syed Ahmad, MD
Dr. Syed Ahmad, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Plano, TX. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Ahmad is affiliated with Baylor Scott & White - Plano, Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas, Parkland Health and Hospital System and Medical City Plano.

Syed Ahmad, M.D.

5900 Coit Rd

Plano, TX 75023

Dr. Syed Ahmad, MD

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • ChoiceCare Network
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • Golden Rule
  • HealthFirst
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Ahmad

It has often been said that people spend more time looking at your eyes than anything else. When it comes to your eyes, you need a surgeon you can trust. Dr. Ahmad has built his practice on solid principles with one thing in mind, you, the patient. Dr. Ahmad's training is extensive. He first focused on oculoplastic surgery specializing in techniques of plastic surgery as it relates to the eyes and their surrounding structures.

Dr. Ahmad's Experience

Dr. Ahmad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Ophthalmology
  • Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery

Dr. Ahmad does not have any board certifications listed.

• Abscess
  • Corneal Abrasion
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Diabetes-Like Retinal Edema
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration
  • Iridocyclitis
  • Iritis
  • Macular Degeneration
  • Macular Edema
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Optic Atrophy

Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • St George's University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • St Luke's-Roosevelt Hosp Ctr
  • Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, MD Anderson Cancer Center Houston, Tx
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, New York Eye & Ear Infirmary, Ny, Ny
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Diplomate Of American Board Of Internal Medicine 2001-2011
    Other Education | Completed
  • Diplomate Of American Board Of Ophthalmology
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Ahmad has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ahmad has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ahmad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ahmad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ahmad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ahmad to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Ahmad's Performance
in Plano,TX |
I would love to give this office five stars! Amazing and wonderful! Great experience! Great service, good people.The staff is super friendly and kind.Dr Syed Ahmad is very professional with his work.I was so impressed with his availability and care which is not often seen these days.He is like someone you can easy to talk and get great care from. I highly recommend you stop by and check them out!Again, Dr.Syed Ahmad really helped my mom and I would recommend him and the office to anyone!
in Plano, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Ahmad by an opthomologist due to an eye infection requiring surgery. Dr. Ahmad and his team put me at ease concerning the surgery, were compassionate, provided extensive information prior to the procedure and answered my questions. Dr. Ahmad personally follows up with patients and maintains open communication with patients. His team is excellent as well. I was very pleased with the results of my surgery and treatment. I highly recommend Dr. Ahmad.
in Dallas, TX |
I had droopy eye lid surgery. Great experience with Dr Ahmad and his staff. They are knowledgable, friendly and great people. The Dr was meticulous in the 2 1/2 surgery. I would highly recommend using him. Jack cartmill
in Garland |
Dr Ahmad is a terrific Doctor combined with compassion, experience, training and education. Dr Ahmad made sure my wife knew all the opinions availabl to her in a manner we could completely understand.
in Flower Mound, TX |
Dr. Ahmad recently did corrective surgery near my eye. I was impressed with his patience in initially explaining the procedure in great detail. After the surgery he checked on me and called me the following day to answer questions and check on me. I was so impressed with his availability and care which is not often seen these days. I am still in the healing process, but I know from my previous dealings with him he will be there for me. He also has a great caring staff in Dina and Sabrina.
in Plano, Tx |
Dr. Ahmad is one of the most kind and compassionate doctors that I have had the opportunity to visit. Dr. Ahmad took the time to listen and learn about my symptoms. His staff was equally as friendly and helpful. Dr. Ahmad also took the time to provide outstanding referrals to other specialists and visited with those specialists prior to my visit to discuss my symptoms. I would recommend Dr. Ahmad wholeheartedly to anyone.
in Allen, TX |
I would Highly Recommend Dr. Ahmad. He cares about his paients. This is my second time seeing Dr. Ahmad, he and his assist. Lily and staff are Awesome!!! I've never had a doctor to ask me to text him and let him know how you are feel.
in Carrollton, TX |
I personally found DR Ahmad to be very perfecinal, he definitely goes above and beyond to make you feel safe and comfortable. I personally have never had a DR that's willing to give you his personal number & say call me any time if you have any ? And I did & he answered EVERY time. I would highly recommend him to anyone who might be in need of a ophthalmologist or oculoplastic surgeon.
in Dallas, TX |
I dealt with almost 9 months of near constant tearing in my left eye, I consulted with 5 or 6 doctors (including 3 at UTSW medical school). I received different recommendationsi including cornea deriding, canthopexy. and possible DCR. I saw Dr Ahmad and he prescribed a special eye ointment as well as special eye drops. The tearing stopped within a week. I consider him a miracle doctor. His treatment made a huge, positive difference in my life. Also, Lillie, who works in the office is great.
in Plano, TX |
Dr Ahmad and his staff are great! Surgery was a breeze, minimal bruising, no pain afterwards! I would highly recommend Dr Ahmad if have sagging eye lids!!!
Plano, TX |
Dr Ahmad is hands-down one of the best doctors from which I have received treatment. I was referred to him in Feb. 2017 when I suffered an orbital floor fracture that necessitated surgical repair. Dr Ahmad and his staff were patient, thorough and extremely kind during the evaluation process, appointments, surgery, and follow up. My eye is recovering nicely and I am grateful to Dr Ahmad for his excellent skill and care.
Mckinney, TX |
Amazing doctor and staff. I had a cosmetic procedure and Botox done. I LOvE the way I look, I look less tired and refreshed. He is a great surgeon and took his time explaining everything. I would recommend this doctor without hesitation!
Plano, TX |
They will charge you more than what they are supposed to. Do not go for eye exam.
in Nevada, tx |
I was diagnosed the akin cancer on my lower eyelid.i had surgery to have the camcer removed. He did a wonderful job. You can't even tell i had surgery. Everyone in his office are so nice and professional. I will recommend him with no hesitations.
in Addison, TX |
Dr. Ahmad is EXCELLENT! He spent a lot of time with me and never seemed rushed. He cared whether the procedure accomplished what I had expected and worked with me to make sure I was satisfied. he gave me his personal cell phone number after my surgery so I could contact him directly with problems. I would highly recommend him. My sister went to my appointments with me and she was extremely impressed too.
in Cross Roads, TX |
Very professional and considerate. Explained my procedure in detail, and his office staff even worked to ensure I paid the least amount possible given insurance coverage. After my procedure, Doctor even replied by text when I had concerns. An extremely caring doctor and staff. You won't regret seeing this doctor!!
in Plano, TX |
Dr Ahmad is an excellent eye guy that really knows his profession. He is patient, knowledgeable, and takes his time with his patients. Excellent work! I had both eye lids done and the results are excellent. I would recommend this doctor to everyone. He takes Medicare and TRICARE. He has a caring and helpful staff.
in Dallas, TX |
He takes Medicare, but doesn't have a waiting room full of people waiting for cataract surgery. Was able to get appointment in two days. Very little waiting time at the appointment, and we went straight to the room where he examined us. Unlike the other docs, we weren't shuffled from room to room with techs doing most of the exam. He was thorough, professional & patient with elderly mom.
Have you seen Dr. Syed Ahmad, MD?
Are you Dr. Ahmad?

Visit Dr. Ahmad

Dr. Ahmad accepts 20 insurance carriers
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Beech Street (Multiplan) PPO