Dr. Swarna Balasubramaniam, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery | Female

Sugar Land Colon and Rectal Clinic 16659 Southwest Fwy Ste 561 Sugar Land, TX 77479 Get Directions
Dr. Swarna Balasubramaniam, MD

Dr. Swarna Balasubramaniam, MD is a colon & rectal surgery doctor who practices in Sugar Land, TX. She is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Balasubramaniam is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital, St. Luke's Sugar Land Hospital, Memorial Hermann Healthcare System - Southwest and Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Balasubramaniam's Experience

See how Dr. Balasubramaniam's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Balasubramaniam

Dr. Balasubramaniam accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Balasubramaniam is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Balasubramaniam has admitting privileges.

Dr. Balasubramaniam's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Balasubramaniam to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Balasubramaniam's Performance
Missouri City, TX |
My experience with this doctor and her practice was VERY disappointing. All I wanted was to get an annual colonoscopy (preventive) exam recommended by my primary physician. But the whole experience has been nothing but disappointments. No one in this office bothered to explain to me about the billing and the insurance aspect. Everyone seems like they only want to take your money. It is a shameful attitude to have in a healthcare industry, where you have to care about the patient.
in El Campo, Texas |
Dr. Balasubramaniam was caring as she helped me through my health journey. I was able to ask her questions that I normally would not ask a male doctor. She made me feel secure and safe during my times that I visited her. I am so glad that I went to see her and highly recommend her to all my family and friends. Her staff members were so kind and always had a friendly smile each time I visited Dr. Balasubramaniam. It was s blessing getting to go to an office where you feel so welcomed.
in Sugar Land, TX |
I am so grateful that my primary care doctor recommended "Dr. Bala" for my colonoscopy. Her explanation on what was causing my issues was life changing. She is a wonderful person who genuinely takes you as the individual and evaluates your issues thoroughly to remedy your illness and symptoms. I recommend her to anyone who is willing to follow through and incorporate change. I whole heartedly embraced her direction and my life is forever better. My problems are resolved and I feel wonderful.
Missouri City, tx |
Dr. Balasubramanian is a fantastic doctor. Getting a colonoscopy is not an easy subject to talk about. Dr. Balasubramanian is kind, professional and no nonsense. Her credentials are stellar. The appointments and the procedure were easy and efficient. Her office staff is polite and responsive. No problem at all scheduling or rescheduling appointments. I would recommend her to anyone, especially women who need discretion as well as excellence.
Missouri City, TX |
Such a lovely office! All the ladies & Doctor have such a positive attitude & made me feel so good after going in for horrible issue! I was able to be seen ASAP
Sugar Land, TX |
I honestly loved this office! Joanna was very kind to quickly explain how to use their check in system thru an ipad. The wait was not bad either. Ruth was very informative with all the questions i had. I have been a patient of Dr.Bala & let me tell you, I am glad she changed staff. It is a HUGE turnaround. Thanks to Laura she was able to schedule me and squeeze me in. Good job Dr.Bala on your wonderful staff, they really make the office feel much comfortable & made me feel at ease!
in Missouri City, TX |
I wouldn't use her again. Her people interactions are terrible. She asks for advanced payments two I was an account and not a patient. Also she gave me a false positive on an important test that caused a weekend of stress and worry. There are better and friendlier doctors in Sugar Land. Avoid her at all costs.
in Sugar Land, TX |
Great doctor, compassionate, understood how nervous I was and explained my problems w/professionalism and care. Wonderful staff.
in Sugar Land, TX |
Great staff, very kind and answered all my questions. Once in the back excellent care and the doctor was very knowledgeable and helpful. I read all the reviews and I cannot say any of them do the office justice. Highly recommend.
Sugarland, TX |
Excellent customer service, from the doctor to the staff. I was treated very kindly from the moment I step in. The young lady in the front took her time to explain to me their new check in system and I was able to fill in my paperwork thru an iPad and on top of that I only waited about 10mins and was passed back immediately. The nurse was very kind and helpful and made me feel comfortable. I will definetly recommend Dr.B to my friends and family without hessiation!
Sugar Land, TX |
Dr.B was very unprofessional in terms she used when talking with the patient. Her front office staff can't even properly run insurance and let you know how close you are to hitting deductible. After a few visits and front office calls, I quickly switched doctors to another in the area, who was much better and didn't think highly of Dr.B and her work. DO NOT BOTHER WITH HER OR HER OFFICE!!
Sugar Land, TX |
Dr. B is very professional. She takes the time to go over the condition and the solutions to the problem. She makes the patient feel secure and calm. What more can one ask from a Dr?
Houston, TX |
Dr. B goes over and beyond to answer questions. She makes me feel very comfortable and her staff is very friendly. She is very educated and brings options to the table. In my case she fixed my existing condition and restored my optimism on living a normal life. She appropriately set my expectations and then delivered. There is no smoke in mirrors, she is direct without being rude. I would highly recommend her.
Sugar Land, TX |
She is the worst doctor I have ever encounter. She is very unprofessional and kept referring to rectum as 'booty'. She is miserable and she makes sure she exhibits her misery in her demeanor.
Baytown, TX |
She looks friendly enough, but is quite incompetent as a physician. Four years after my hemorrhoids surgery, I am in worse shape than before. Basically, she botched it.
Have you seen Dr. Swarna Balasubramaniam, MD?
Are you Dr. Balasubramaniam?

Compare Dr. Balasubramaniam

Dr. Balasubramaniam's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery
  •  Board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and General Surgery

Dr. Balasubramaniam has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Balasubramaniam's Board Certifications

Mayo Grad School Med/mayo Fndn
    University Of S Ca/Lac and Usc

• French
  • Tamil

Dr. Balasubramaniam does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Balasubramaniam and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery
  • General Surgery
  • Surgery

• Appendectomy, Open
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Sphincterotomy