Pediatric Endocrinology  |
Dr. Svetlana Ten, MD
Dr. Svetlana Ten, MD is a pediatric endocrinology doctor who practices in Staten Island, NY. She is 56 years old. Dr. Ten is affiliated with Lutheran Medical Center.

2691 Hylan Blvd Ste D

• MVP Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Ten

Dr. Ten specializes in pediatric diabetes and offers a novel approach to the management of diabetes Type I and Type II, thyroid problems, short stature and obesity in children, adrenal problems, delayed pubertal development in boys and irregular periods in girls. Dr. Ten has extensive previous experience in endocrinology, she worked for 8 years as a pediatric endocrinologist in Belarus. Additionally she has worked with children exposed to radiation from Chernobyl. Dr. Ten learned highly specialized ultrasound techniques to examine the thyroid and other endocrine organs.

Dr. Ten's Experience

Dr. Ten's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatric Endocrinology

• Adrenal Gland Diseases
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Hyposmolality and Hyponatremia
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Turner Syndrome
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Minsk Medical Institute
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Maimonides Medical Center
  • New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Ten has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Ten does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ten and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ten's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ten to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Ten's Performance
Staten Island |
Dr. Ten is a rare find. It is nearly impossible to find such an attentive, caring doctor that is there for you anytime you need it, the way she is. She has educated our family and she has always been there for us anytime we needed her. I would recommend Dr. Ten to anyone looking for that exceptional quality care. Words cannot describe my gratitude. She deserves a million stars not just 5. The office staff is always kind and accommodating and they work with your needs.
Perth Amboy, NJ |
excellent experience
New York, NY |
She is professioanal her job and also she is really helpful. Beside, she will help every her paitients.
Brooklyn, NY |
I feel sorry for my wasted time. My visit to Dr Ten was first and last. Beware!
in Staten Island, NY |
I really am so happy to have met Dr. Svetlana. She takes my insurance, which not alot of people do. She is knowledgable and professional. The staff / office is great, clean, responsive and alert. Although it was a short visit, I felt I was in capable hands. I am at college away from NY and do not have availability to follow-up often. She has already called me back personally regarding my tests in a timely fashion. I highly recommend her!
in Staten Island, NY |
I love Dr. Ten. She is soo amazing. Very friendly, caring, attentive and very responsive. The Staten Island office is very new and clean. Highly recommend Dr. Ten to everyone!
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr Ten has taken great care of my son with his many medical issues. She takes her time and is very caring in way she speaks to my son. I would highly recommend her to my family and friends.
Brooklyn, NY |
My experience with this doctor was very poor. She didn't ask me when she looked at my genitals, and has serious privacy issues. She left the door open when discussing private issues, and asked very touchy questions in front of family members. She is quite a disappointment
in Deer Park, NY |
My son go to dr.Ten already 7 years. She is the best doctor in Brooklyn
in New York, NY |
I have known and worked with Dr. Ten in a professional capacity for over 12 years. She is a very knowledgeable physician who keeps up to date with the latest treatments and thinks outside the box, ensuring her patients receive state-of-the art care. I am working with her again after a brief hiatus and really enjoy the partnership. I would highly recommend Dr. Ten to anyone in need of a good pediatric endocrinologist.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I work in another doctor's office and have referred patients to her. We never had a complaint from any patient. When I needed someone for my own child (teenager), I choose her. She talked to my teenager realistically about eating healthy and working towards a healthy weight and even printed up suggestions for good and bad foods. She explained the abnormal results from my PCP and has sent us for further bloodwork. My teenager liked her. So I am very happy.
New York, NY |
Arrogant and irresponsible
in Fellini |
It’s all been said in the other five star reviews. Dr. Ten and her staff are all I could have hoped for in a medical office. She has always provided the absolute best care, and I believe, best advice and treatment during every visit and for every issue for my son. Me and my wife always enjoy to visit Dr Ten, cause the visits are full fun and extreme warmth. If you want a good and right care, that is the place to be!
in Westfield, NJ |
My children are patients of Dr. Ten and we love her. She was easy to talk to and took her time explaining everthing to us. We live in New Jersey and drive 45 mins to Staten Island. Dr. Ten office staff are polite and we didn't wait more than 5 mins for our appt.
Brooklyn, NY |
I found Dr Ten to be very unprofessional! She examined my 8 year old daughter when I was NOT in the room! I went to take my 6 year old to the bathroom during the beginning of our visit and when I returned she had already examined my daughter without me being present. She told me of her findings all the while standing with lab work and papers already in her hand.She escorted us to the front desk and before I could even understand what just transpired, she was on her cellphone. Will never go back
in Staten Island, NY |
My pediatrician felt my son's weight issue would resolve itself. I worried because of family history so he sent me to Dr Ten. I am so happy with her! We did extensive bloodwork that she reviewed with us. She put my son on medications and explained to us healthy diet and how to make changes to get better numbers. We have followed up w her for past 6 months and my son's levels have improved greatly and he feels great! Thank you Dr Ten.
in Brooklyn, NY |
great family doctor. went to her for 2 years and was fully cured. amazing personality and just a great human being.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Awesome, knowledgeable doctor and helpful attentive staff. I have been to the office for a few years now, and very happy with results. I would definitely recommend this doctor.
Staten Island, NY |
I read previous reviews and do not agree. I found Dr Ten to be very informed and patient. Yes she has an accent. But everyone in New York has an accent. I had no trouble understanding her. She answered my questions and her staff was helpful.
in Staten Island, NY |
highly professional and takes time to answer my questions, warm atmosphere in the office, friendly stuff I am her patient for the last 3 yrs
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Ten is one of the most compassionate and understanding pediatrics I have ever been to. She is extremely kind to her patients and always makes the children and nervous individuals feel comfortable. Appointments are always concise and waiting times are quick. Her office has a very relaxed atmosphere and makes you feel like you're right at home. I highly recommend visiting Dr. Ten for she is one of the few doctors that you know genuinely enjoys helping others.
in Staten Island, NY |
We like dr Ten, she is a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. She is an angel compared to the other doctor my children use to go years ago. We feel comfortable at Dr Ten's office. His office assistants are sweet ladies, no drama or long waiting. Great addition to Staten Island.
Have you seen Dr. Svetlana Ten, MD?
Are you Dr. Ten?