Dr. Suzanne King, MD

Dr. Suzanne King, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Suzanne King, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Columbia, MO. She is 60 years old and has been practicing for 33 years.

601 W Nifong Blvd Ste 6A

Columbia, MO 65203

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. King

See how frequently Dr. King performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

ADHD and-or ADD
high
Bipolar Disorder
Anxiety

Dr. King's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry
  • Geriatric Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• ADHD Testing
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy Services

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• University Of Missouri--Columbia School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • University Mo Columbia School Med
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • University Mo Columbia School Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • University Cincinnati
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. King has no media or publications listed.

Dr. King does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. King and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. King's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. King to family and friends
1.5
Dr. King's Performance
    POOR
    POOR
in Chillicothe, MO |
I'm 15 years old. I know nothing about Dr. King's field of expertise. But I do know she was so disrespectful to both me and my mom. I have been ADD for more than 8 years, I was diagnosed with a communication disorder, and border line autism. This woman then told us I do not have ADHD, I was bipolar, and I had a mood disorder. She had never met me, within 10 minutes of the meeting we had with King, she kept interrupting my mom and me. She had my mom in tears.
I think the best way to explain is that she sent my wife and daughter home in tears. Needless to say, she offered to speak with me and her staff after she was done for the day. When we returned she came out to the waiting room spoke to someone else for about thirty minutes. Then she packed up her stuff and walked out the back door got in her car. My daughter walked outside she told her she would be right back. Then she left.
in Columbia, MO |
Dr. King has been my therapist for years. She is compassionate and caring and is always up to date on any new medications that may better help my disorders. I would highly recommend her to anyone seeking treatment for mental health issues.
in Columbia, MO |
I was sad to find out Dr. King was leaving Center Point. I have been with Dr. King for more than three years. She helped me through some difficult times. It took work and time, but she helped me become stable. I feel like she always listened to me and was working with my best interests in mind. I felt like we collaborated, but when the time came for her to take the lead and be the expert, that she made good decisions and gave good counsel. I would definitely recommend Dr. King.
Lombard, IL |
I really felt like Dr. King listens to me. She was always friendly and caring. She took me in when my previous Doctor had me over medicated. She gave me my life back. I feel in control of my Bi-polar disorder. Her staff was hard to work with though.
Columbia, MO |
The worst experience ever! Told my Mom to stop one of her medications cold turkey that should have been tapered down. Left her with horrible side effects! Then she told her she was traumatized and needed medication so she prescribed her schizophrenia medications. Went back and told her about the awful side effects she was having & she wouldn't listen and just increased dosage. She would often interrupt her when she was answering her questions and never fully listened. See ANYONE else but her!
Columbia, MO |
Going to Dr. King is one of the worst medical experiences I've ever had. Staff is not friendly, the waiting room is dirty, and you'll spend forever in there. I always ask for early morning appointment to avoid the tendency of doctors to get behind. I have always waited over 45 minutes to only spend 5 minutes with the doctor. A doctor who is unfriendly and doesn't listen. This is the 1st review I've ever written for a doctor because I feel that strong about how poor of an office this is.
Columbia, MO |
I saw her once and will never go back. She refused to listen to me, interrupting often and ignoring my explanations of my symptoms and history of treatment. She gave me a new diagnosis I have never received during my 5 years of psychiatric treatment and decided to increase the dosage of one of my medications, even though I insisted that the anxiety I was experiencing was situational (from moving to a new city) and totally manageable, and I told her I didn't want any medication changes.
Dr. King was horrendous. Do not go to her. She told me that all of my previous doctors and psychologists were wrong about my ADHD (I'm an adult, was diagnosed as a child, and have been retested since then), but justified it by saying they weren't psychiatrists so they couldn't diagnose my actual problems. She didnt listen to me and refused to work with me until I took anti-psychotics, even though this was our first consult. She was rude and unprofessional. I will not go back.
in Columbia, mo |
Most unprofessional person I have ever met. Tried on several occasions to prescribe me medication which costs thousands, when I asked if she got kickbacks she cut off my meds without telling me. And accused ME of being at fault. GO SEE ANYONE ELSE!
in Jefferson City, MO |
DO NOT GO TO THIS WOMAN!! She does NOT listen to anything you say. She talks over you, interrupts & will flat out tell you that you are LYING when you can PROVE what you're saying. She refused to listen to my daughter and I today. REFUSED to even attempt a diagnosis and told us to come back in 3 - 4 weeks to see her nurse practitioner. NO FREAKING WAY!! Find another provider if you want to be mentally healthy. REALLY!! Heed the reviews being posted. GO TO SOMEONE ELSE.
in Jefferson City, MO |
Dr. King is the worst mental health professional I have ever met. She misdiagnosed me with anti-psychotic medicines when I needed anti-anxiety medicines. When I told her the medicines were making me worse, she refused to stop them and added more. By the time I stopped going, I was on FIVE non-working meds and her explanation was someone with your level of mania needs more medicine. She never returned calls, always rushed our appointments and did not care. She set me back 10 months. Do not go!!
in Columbia, MO |
I saw Dr. King for an initial consultation for ADHD. I've been on adderall for 6 years and it's worked flawlessly. After waiting for over an hour past my appointment time, I finally got to talk to her for 5 to 10 minutes. Because I told her my uncle was an alcoholic and that I had no family members that had been diagnosed, she told me that what I had was a substance abuse problem. I was subjected to a drug test and sent on my way with Strattera samples. MOST DEGRADING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.
in Columbia, MO |
I will never return to Dr. King. For every single visit, I've had to wait 45-90 minutes for a 10-minute appointment. Phone calls are returned a week or more later. Refills are often late or only called in after I repeatedly reminded her office. From visit to visit, she does not keep promises to research meds or write out treatment plans -- she barely remembers my history or needs. Impersonal, inconsistent, and unprofessional. Find someone else!
in Columbia, MO |
It was our first visit with our 11-year-old son. We arrived 15 minutes early and finally walked back to her office over an HOUR passed our appointment time, she gave no apologies or explanations for our wait. Within 15 minutes she settled on a diagnosis that our son has OCD. She was talking about medication and dosage when I stopped her. Do NOT go to her she does not evaluate and her diagnosis have no basis. Her goal is to MEDICATE. She admitted, she offers NO therapy or counseling!!!
in Columbia, mo |
Couldn't schedule me until almost three weeks after calling, around the time meds were to run out. Suzanne flat-out refused to refill meds on a 2+ year old script for antidepressants, anti-anxiety, and instead gave script for anti-psychotics never taken before. Now am out of meds and stuck with a bill for services unrendered. If work suffers from her ineptitude, a lawsuit will be filed. This is completely unacceptable behavior for a practician in her field and you'd be wise to avoid her.
in Columbia, MO |
She not very friendly or compassionate. Not very personable. I think she probably is knowledgeable in her field but I couldn't recommend her. Also, was difficult to reach and when leaving messages by voicemail it was rare for the staff to return my call.
Have you seen Dr. Suzanne King, MD?
Are you Dr. King?