Dr. Suzanne M. King, MD

Dr. Suzanne M. King, MD

Psychiatry | Female

CENTERPOINTE HOSPITAL 601 W Nifong Blvd Ste 6A, Columbia, MO 65203 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. King specializes in Psychiatry and practices in Columbia, MO. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. King? Add your own statement here.

Dr. King's Experience

See how Dr. King's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. King

Dr. King accepts 17 insurance carriers

Dr. King's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. King to family and friends
Experience with Dr. King
Dr. King's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (47)
Dr. King was horrendous. Do not go to her. She told me that all of my previous doctors and psychologists were wrong about my ADHD (I'm an adult, was diagnosed as a child, and have been retested since then), but justified it by saying they weren't psychiatrists so they couldn't diagnose my actual problems. She didnt listen to me and refused to work with me until I took anti-psychotics, even though this was our first consult. She was rude and unprofessional. I will not go back.
in Columbia, mo |
Most unprofessional person I have ever met. Tried on several occasions to prescribe me medication which costs thousands, when I asked if she got kickbacks she cut off my meds without telling me. And accused ME of being at fault. GO SEE ANYONE ELSE!
in Jefferson City, MO |
DO NOT GO TO THIS WOMAN!! She does NOT listen to anything you say. She talks over you, interrupts & will flat out tell you that you are LYING when you can PROVE what you're saying. She refused to listen to my daughter and I today. REFUSED to even attempt a diagnosis and told us to come back in 3 - 4 weeks to see her nurse practitioner. NO FREAKING WAY!! Find another provider if you want to be mentally healthy. REALLY!! Heed the reviews being posted. GO TO SOMEONE ELSE.
in Jefferson City, MO |
Dr. King is the worst mental health professional I have ever met. She misdiagnosed me with anti-psychotic medicines when I needed anti-anxiety medicines. When I told her the medicines were making me worse, she refused to stop them and added more. By the time I stopped going, I was on FIVE non-working meds and her explanation was someone with your level of mania needs more medicine. She never returned calls, always rushed our appointments and did not care. She set me back 10 months. Do not go!!
in Columbia, MO |
I saw Dr. King for an initial consultation for ADHD. I've been on adderall for 6 years and it's worked flawlessly. After waiting for over an hour past my appointment time, I finally got to talk to her for 5 to 10 minutes. Because I told her my uncle was an alcoholic and that I had no family members that had been diagnosed, she told me that what I had was a substance abuse problem. I was subjected to a drug test and sent on my way with Strattera samples. MOST DEGRADING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.
in Columbia, MO |
I will never return to Dr. King. For every single visit, I've had to wait 45-90 minutes for a 10-minute appointment. Phone calls are returned a week or more later. Refills are often late or only called in after I repeatedly reminded her office. From visit to visit, she does not keep promises to research meds or write out treatment plans -- she barely remembers my history or needs. Impersonal, inconsistent, and unprofessional. Find someone else!
in Columbia, MO |
It was our first visit with our 11-year-old son. We arrived 15 minutes early and finally walked back to her office over an HOUR passed our appointment time, she gave no apologies or explanations for our wait. Within 15 minutes she settled on a diagnosis that our son has OCD. She was talking about medication and dosage when I stopped her. Do NOT go to her she does not evaluate and her diagnosis have no basis. Her goal is to MEDICATE. She admitted, she offers NO therapy or counseling!!!
in Columbia, mo |
Couldn't schedule me until almost three weeks after calling, around the time meds were to run out. Suzanne flat-out refused to refill meds on a 2+ year old script for antidepressants, anti-anxiety, and instead gave script for anti-psychotics never taken before. Now am out of meds and stuck with a bill for services unrendered. If work suffers from her ineptitude, a lawsuit will be filed. This is completely unacceptable behavior for a practician in her field and you'd be wise to avoid her.
in Columbia, MO |
She not very friendly or compassionate. Not very personable. I think she probably is knowledgeable in her field but I couldn't recommend her. Also, was difficult to reach and when leaving messages by voicemail it was rare for the staff to return my call.
Have you seen Dr. Suzanne M. King, MD?
Are you Dr. King?

Compare Dr. King

• Psychiatry
  • Geriatric Psychiatry

Why It Matters: Dr. King's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

• ADHD Testing
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy Services

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

University Of Missouri--Columbia School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1984

University Mo Columbia School Med

Completed in 1985

University Mo Columbia School Med

Completed in 1988

University Cincinnati

Completed in 1990

Dr. King has no media or publications listed.

Dr. King does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. King and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. King's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry
  • Malpractice claims in Missouri not available

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. King

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. King's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
31 – 45 minutes

Experience with Dr. King

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients