Dr. Suzanne Freitag, MD

Dr. Suzanne Freitag, MD

Ophthalmology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Suzanne Freitag, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Boston, MA and has been practicing for 19 years. She graduated from Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University in 1994 and specializes in ophthalmology.Read her story

243 Charles St

Boston, MA 02114

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Fallon Community Health Plan
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Freitag

See how frequently Dr. Freitag performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Eyelid Surgery
Eyelid Disorders
Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye

Dr. Freitag's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Freitag's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Freitag "Dr. Suzanne Freitag is the Director of the Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery Service at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, with an appointment to the Harvard Medical School faculty. Prior to this, for 10 years she was the Director of the Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Service at Boston University Medical Center. Dr. Freitag was educated at Duke University and Jefferson Medical College, and completed residency training at Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia in 1998. She completed a neuro-ophthalmology fellowship at Johns Hopkins Hospital and an ophthalmic plastic surgery fellowship at Tufts New England Medical Center and Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. Dr. Freitag is a board-certified Ophthalmologist. She specializes in surgery of the eyelids, orbit, and lacrimal system, as well as facial cosmetic surgery."

This content was provided by Dr. Freitag "Our physicians provide the highest quality specialized care to our patients, giving each patient the personal attention they deserve. We work closely with our referring dermatologists, primary care physicians, and ophthalmologists to ensure excellent quality of care, timely appointments, and superb communication. "

• Ophthalmology

• Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Hemangioma
  • Senile Cataracts
  • Sjögren's Syndrome

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Wills Eye Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Johns Hopkins Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • New England Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Freitag has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese

Dr. Freitag does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Freitag and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Freitag's Reviews

2.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Freitag to family and friends

Dr. Freitag's Performance

Dr. Freitag Says:
"

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We value the feedback of our patients as it helps us to continuously grow and provide the highest quality specialized care to our patients. Please contact us at 781-443-0060 if you should have any concerns.

"

I have had the pleasure of Dr Freitag helping me via the VA system in Boston. I trust her for knowledge and her skill in the OR. She has operated on me a couple times and did my enucleation and dermis graft. I like her and found her to have a comfortable manner , I would highly recommend her.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma on my eyelid, near the lacrimal duct. Was referred to Dr. Freitag. Expected Mass Eye and Ear to be huge and impersonal. Instead, it was the best, most personal care I have ever received. Dr. Freitag and her staff are outstanding. I needed to see a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I have spasms of my eyelid. Botox injected into the upper and lower lid is the treatment. It stops the spasms. I had injections every 3 months for 2 years while living in NC. I just moved to boston and had an appt this wek with this dr. She did not use a topical anesthetic as was done in NC. She...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Dear Roberta:We are sorry to learn about your experience. At Mass. Eye and Ear, we strive to provide excellent service to our patients and would appreciate the opportunity to have a conversation with you. Please contact our Patient Relations department at 6175733008 or Susan_Corbett@meei.harvard.edu. Thank you.

O Stars!!! Dr. Freitag is horrible. She placed injected restylayne for under the eye area and totally messed up. I had lumps. She also performed eye surgery for ptosis and there was no difference in the out come. Avoid her and find a better physician. The staff is mean and unresponsive as...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0
My mother had no use of her left eye due to pressure being exerted from behind her eye and had to keep it covered due to double vision. No one knew what was putting the pressure on her eye, yet there were MRIs and biopsies done, to no avail. My mother flew out from CO to specifically see Dr....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option7thumbs down icon option0