Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO

Anesthesiology •  Female • Age 63

Dr. Alt

Health Choices

1070 Broadway St Hamilton, IL 62341

Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO is an anesthesiology specialist in Hamilton, IL and has been practicing for 34 years. She graduated from At Still University Health Sciences/Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine in 1986 and specializes in anesthesiology.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Anesthesiologists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Alt accepts

Dr. Alt accepts the following insurance:

HealthLink
HealthLink PPO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Dr. Alt treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Alt's conditions and procedures:

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Chronic Pain
  • Confusion
  • Dystonia
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Torticollis

Dr. Alt's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Alt

4.0

Dr. Alt?
Dr. Alt's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO
Not Good! I seen Dr Alt in May of 2019. I have an amputated right leg under the knee. I went to Dr Alt to get approved for a medical marijuana card in Illinois. The doctor that approved it prior to me seeing Dr Alt retired. I was told it would cost $60 for 20 minutes. I end up paying $180 plus $20 for paperwork. I was told to come back the following week and she would finish filling out the paperwork and it would only cost $25. I went back the next week and it cost me another $180. I knew then it wasn't going to be good. Dr Alt then scheduled me for the first week of July. I didn't go to that appointment. I knew it would cost at least another $180. I can't afford to see a doctor every other month and pay her that much money. Needless to say, my leg has not grown back and will never grow back. I have residual leg pain that I will always have unless I never walk on it. Now her costs are $70 for 20 Minutes and $100 for 30 minutes. So she will revoke my card, no money, no card.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO?
Super Dr that listens and helps you solve any issues!! Can’t recommend her enough. Very lucky to have her for my doctor!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO?
Dr. Alt took alot of time to talk with me about, diet, and nutrition. After she examined me she was able to see that my SI joint sheared, and with some manipulation she corrected the problem. I am feeling much better. My biggest complaint had been with my very stiff and painful neck. Doing much better now. Thank-you Dr. Suzanne! I think you are AMAZING! Life is Better when you have a Osteopath!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO?
Dr. Alt takes care of you like you are one of her family. She listens and takes all the time you need to talk about your pain problems. She has helped me tremendously with bio-identical hormones as she is also board certified in alternative medicine. She is a true healer. I have referred all my family to her. She has wonderful hands for her manipulation and cranial therapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO?
0 stars. I have seen Dr. Alt biweekly for the past 4 months. I don't have enough space to fully describe the terrible service I received from this incompetent physician. She prescribed a dose 4 times higher than what I was supposed to get for a medication that is dangerous at that high of a dose. She threatened to, and did, withhold treatment from me because I wanted to see my in network primary care physician to go over unrelated test results that she couldn't even manage to obtain herself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO?
You don't need a million docs- an orthopedist, a chiropractor, an endocrinologist, a physical medicine rehab specialist, a pain-control expert, or one for body manipulation, etc- she does all. Adequate time for discussion of symptoms/questions, respects your intelligence/experience/concerns, access to the doctor between appts. Be prepared to have done some homework to get money's worth with good questions! Expert info and alternatives to support your treatment decisions. Refreshingly frank!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO?
I have seen Dr Alt twice for sudden onset mid to low back pain which awakened me from sleep 8 nights in a row, then stopped hurting during the day. Dr. Alt carefully explained that night time onset Pain can indicate serious medical problems. She arranged for me to have both CT and MRI scans the same day and called me that evening as promised with the results that were available. She also did a spinal manipulation, taking care to adapt her technique due to my total hip replacements. The pain did
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO?
I have always used osteopaths over chiropractors because with my back,I have needed an actual medical doctor - I wish that were not the case.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Alt?

• Anesthesiology