Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO

AnesthesiologyFemaleAge 65

Dr. Alt

Mount Vernon Family Practice

4230 Lincolnshire Dr Ste G Mount Vernon, IL 62864

Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO is a Anesthesiology Specialist in Mount Vernon, IL and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from At Still University Health Sciences/Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine medical school in 1986. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Alt to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Anesthesiology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Dr. Alt treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Alt's conditions and procedures:

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Chronic Pain
  • Confusion
  • Dystonia
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Torticollis

Dr. Alt accepts

Dr. Alt accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
HAP Insurance
Health Alliance PPO

Dr. Alt's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Alt

3.8

Dr. Alt?
  • Appointment scheduling (17)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (17)
  • Explained conditions well (17)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (5)
  • Office environment (5)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (4)
If I could leave zero stars I would. She took over after my doctor retired and it's been nothing but craziness over my records, if I have a visit or not and on what day, and required frequency and price of visits! I'm a cash pay patient and I feel that I was being extorted! I went from taking 1 $10 prescription and seeing the doctor once a year to getting labs and having to see the doctor every 6 weeks or sooner at $175 or more each visit. She yelled at me in the exam room and made me cry. Her office staff is so disorganized and rude as well.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Natasha Nicole Hershey – Mar 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO?
Above and Beyond!! Been seeing Dr Ault for couple years and she has always been informative, dependable, and knowledgeable! She takes her time with patients checking up on every facet of life. She can help in many ways and I have never had a Dr like her who makes such a point to really get to know her patients so she can provide best care possible.
Jason – Apr 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO?
Not Good! I seen Dr Alt in May of 2019. I have an amputated right leg under the knee. I went to Dr Alt to get approved for a medical marijuana card in Illinois. The doctor that approved it prior to me seeing Dr Alt retired. I was told it would cost $60 for 20 minutes. I end up paying $180 plus $20 for paperwork. I was told to come back the following week and she would finish filling out the paperwork and it would only cost $25. I went back the next week and it cost me another $180. I knew then it wasn't going to be good. Dr Alt then scheduled me for the first week of July. I didn't go to that appointment. I knew it would cost at least another $180. I can't afford to see a doctor every other month and pay her that much money. Needless to say, my leg has not grown back and will never grow back. I have residual leg pain that I will always have unless I never walk on it. Now her costs are $70 for 20 Minutes and $100 for 30 minutes. So she will revoke my card, no money, no card.
Feb 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO?
Dr. Alt took alot of time to talk with me about, diet, and nutrition. After she examined me she was able to see that my SI joint sheared, and with some manipulation she corrected the problem. I am feeling much better. My biggest complaint had been with my very stiff and painful neck. Doing much better now. Thank-you Dr. Suzanne! I think you are AMAZING! Life is Better when you have a Osteopath!
Cherrie Lehr in Roach MO – Mar 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO?
Dr. Alt takes care of you like you are one of her family. She listens and takes all the time you need to talk about your pain problems. She has helped me tremendously with bio-identical hormones as she is also board certified in alternative medicine. She is a true healer. I have referred all my family to her. She has wonderful hands for her manipulation and cranial therapy.
Elizabeth in Columbia – Jan 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO?
0 stars. I have seen Dr. Alt biweekly for the past 4 months. I don't have enough space to fully describe the terrible service I received from this incompetent physician. She prescribed a dose 4 times higher than what I was supposed to get for a medication that is dangerous at that high of a dose. She threatened to, and did, withhold treatment from me because I wanted to see my in network primary care physician to go over unrelated test results that she couldn't even manage to obtain herself.
Hurt Patient in Columbia, MO – Sep 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO?
You don't need a million docs- an orthopedist, a chiropractor, an endocrinologist, a physical medicine rehab specialist, a pain-control expert, or one for body manipulation, etc- she does all. Adequate time for discussion of symptoms/questions, respects your intelligence/experience/concerns, access to the doctor between appts. Be prepared to have done some homework to get money's worth with good questions! Expert info and alternatives to support your treatment decisions. Refreshingly frank!
J.A. in Columbia, MO – Aug 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO?
I have seen Dr Alt twice for sudden onset mid to low back pain which awakened me from sleep 8 nights in a row, then stopped hurting during the day. Dr. Alt carefully explained that night time onset Pain can indicate serious medical problems. She arranged for me to have both CT and MRI scans the same day and called me that evening as promised with the results that were available. She also did a spinal manipulation, taking care to adapt her technique due to my total hip replacements. The pain did
Susanne in Columbia Mo – Jan 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO?
I have always used osteopaths over chiropractors because with my back,I have needed an actual medical doctor - I wish that were not the case.
Columbia, MO – Dec 30, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suzanne Alt, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Alt?

• Anesthesiology