Dr. Susanna Mathe, MD

Dr. Susanna Mathe, MD

Neurology  |

Contact provider for availability

Dr. Susanna Mathe, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in North Chesterfield, VA. She is 59 years old and has been practicing for 34 years.

Neurological Associates

165 Wadsworth Dr

North Chesterfield, VA 23236

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Anthem
  • Optima Health
  • Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care)
  • Virginia Premier

Learn about Dr. Mathe

See how frequently Dr. Mathe performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Headache
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Migraine

Dr. Mathe's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Parkinsonism
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

• EMG (Electromyography)
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Lumbar Puncture
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Semmelweis Medical University
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College Of Virginia School Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Mathe has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mathe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mathe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Johnston-Willis Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Stroke Care Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Mathe is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Mathe's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mathe to family and friends
1.7
Dr. Mathe's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Mathe is an excellent physician who listens to your medical concerns and communicates very well with you. Her show of compassion helps to make you more at ease during your visit. She addresses your medical questions and explains her medical plan of treatment during your visit. I was scheduled and seen in a very reasonable length of time. I highly recommend Dr. Mathe.
Midlothian, VA |
Dr Mathe saw my daughter following an injury she sustained while at college. She was very thorough in her efforts to pinpoint the cause of my daughter's medical problems and took the time to carefully explain what she believed to have been the cause. We are very grateful for her time, attention, and compassionate care!
Petersburg, VA |
Dr. Mathe is a suburb doctor. She truly cares about her patients and I would not recommend anyone else
Midlothian |
She has shown compassionate care for my parents for years!
in Richmond, VA |
I have seen Dr. Mathe for major medical concerns, she all but dismissed everything I had to say, acted as if I was lying about my symptoms and was very short and rude. I'm glad I had a family member with be to witness it, by no means am I exaggerating my experience. I have to go back for a follow up, now that my tests are complete I'm going to get a second opinion as Dr. Mathe's nurse has stated the test were negative, but the findings from the hospital state otherwise. Horrible bedside manor.
We are sorry to hear this and truly value your feedback. Patient experience is important to us at Neurological Associates, so we will make every effort to address any concerns you may have. Your comments have been shared with the Practice Administrator. If you would like to speak with someone about this experience, please call (804) 288-2742.
Richmond, VA |
I would not recommend Dr. Mathe to anyone. My experience with her was, simply put, awful. She is highly dismissive and does not listen to her patients. I was seeing her for migraines, and she did not take my concerns seriously about the side effects I was experiencing due to her prescribed medication.
in Chesterfield, VA |
This is the most uncaring, unprofessional doctor I've ever experienced. She placed my daughter on what she called a vacation from her monthly treatment for MS. My daughter's last infusion was on 9/21/2016. As a result of being unprotected without any treatment for over 3 months, my daughter had a relapse and has set her back 5 years. We saw Mathe in January, by this time, my daughter is in a wheelchair which Mathe made no reference, didn't ask how she was doing, no sign of concern. DO NOT!
Petersburg, VA |
She was super rude, and would cut me off after asking me a question. She also has a smart mouth and is very disrespectful. I'm finding another Neurologists. DONT go see her, these reviews are accurate.
Richmond, VA |
I have never been treated so rudely and fet so put down by anyone - I was taught to respect people but she is not worthy of my respect. No wonder I could get an immediate appointment with her but would have to wait months for the other physicians!
We are sorry to hear this and truly value your feedback. Patient experience is important to us at Neurological Associates so we will make every effort to address any concerns you may have. Your comments have been shared with the Practice Administrator. If you would like to speak with someone about this experience, please call 804-288-2742.
I have seen Dr. Mathe twice with my mother and both experiences have been ridiculous. The second time to see her was much worse, we will never see her or recommend anyone to her again. We were skeptical when we got an appointment with her so quickly and now we know why. Her bedside manner is equivalent to a rabid donkey (pun intended). She does not listen to the patient rather puts words in your mouth and makes you feel like an idiot for being there. Could say much more but it would be a novel.
We are sorry to hear this and truly value your feedback. Patient experience is important to us at Neurological Associates, so we will make every effort to address any concerns you may have. Your comments have been shared with the Practice Administrator. If you would like to speak with someone about this experience, please call 804-288-2742.
Have you seen Dr. Susanna Mathe, MD?

Visit Dr. Mathe

Dr. Mathe accepts 13 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Anthem
    Carelink PPO
  • Optima Health
  • Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care)
    Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care) HMO