Dr. Susan Lovelle-Allen, MD

Dr. Susan Lovelle-Allen, MD

Plastic Surgery | Female

I want my patients to look and feel their best when they choose us; to this end, from the moment you call our office until you see your final results, my entire staff and I take pride in providing outstanding service. As a woman, I understand when you want to erase the changes life leaves on your face and body. Not only will we help you accomplish your cosmetic or reconstructive goals, we will do so in a caring and personal atmosphere, where you know how important you are to us.

Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, Dr. Lovelle initially honed her artistic skills as a prima ballerina with the Dance Theatre of Harlem, and the Atlanta, Princeton, and Eglevsky Ballets. She then attended medical school at Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City, where she graduated with numerous honors and awards including AOA, the National Medical Honor Society, and the Franklin C. McLean Award, presented to the outstanding minority medical student in the nation. She completed her General Surgery residency at the prestigious Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center in New York and continued post-graduate training in Plastic Surgery and Microsurgery at Montefiore Medical Center. In 1996, Dr. Lovelle began her private practice in Staten Island, NY. Two years later, her colleagues voted her one of the best plastic surgeons in NYC in New York Magazine. Wanting to practice medicine in an environment that would allow her the opportunity for both professional satisfaction and enjoyment of family life, Dr. Lovelle relocated in 2003 to Elizabeth City, N.C., where she established Carolina Plastic Surgery Specialists. In 2008, she accepted a position as the first plastic surgeon based in Newton, Kansas. "I want you, my patient, to be able to look and feel your best. As a woman, I understand and work to achieve the flattering, natural results you prefer. You'll also love that our staff is dedicated to providing outstanding service from the moment you enter the office through your recovery and beyond." Dr. Lovelle is active in the Newton and Wichita communities where she conducts skin screenings and seminars on cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. She is also involved with her church leadership and enjoys working with their youth.

Dr. Lovelle-Allen's Experience

See how Dr. Lovelle-Allen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lovelle-Allen

Dr. Lovelle-Allen accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Lovelle-Allen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lovelle-Allen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lovelle-Allen to family and friends
    4.4
    based on 7 total surveys (1 with a review)
    Dr. Lovelle-Allen Says:

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on our practice. If we met our goals of providing you with the best service and care, please tell a friend.  If we fell short, please let us know.  We hope to see you again soon!

Dr. Lovelle-Allen's Performance
    I am a freshman in college and Dr. Lovelle performed a breast reduction on me a month before I began school in a different state. The surgery went better than I could've hoped, I was more that pleased with the results, and Dr. Lovelle and her staff were amazing in making sure that I healed as fast as possible so that I wouldn't have to delay going to college while making sure I healed as safely as possible. The check-ups I've had with her since the surgery have been informative and very helpful.
    Have you seen Dr. Susan Lovelle-Allen, MD?
    Are you Dr. Lovelle-Allen?

Dr. Lovelle-Allen says...

Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, Dr. Lovelle initially honed her artistic skills as a prima ballerina with the Dance Theatre of Harlem, and the Atlanta, Princeton, and Eglevsky Ballets.  She then attended medical school at Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City, where she graduated with numerous honors and awards including AOA, the National Medical Honor Society, and the Franklin C. McLean Award, presented to the outstanding minority medical student in the nation.  She completed her General Surgery residency at the prestigious Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center in New York and continued post-graduate training in Plastic Surgery and Microsurgery at Montefiore Medical Center.

In 1996, Dr. Lovelle began her private practice in Staten Island, NY.  Two years later, her colleagues voted her one of the best plastic surgeons in NYC in New York Magazine

Wanting to practice medicine in an environment that would allow her the opportunity for both professional satisfaction and enjoyment of family life, Dr. Lovelle relocated in 2003 to Elizabeth City, N.C., where she established Carolina Plastic Surgery Specialists.  In 2008, she accepted a position as the first plastic surgeon based in Newton, Kansas.

"I want you, my patient, to be able to look and feel your best.  As a woman, I understand and work to achieve the flattering, natural results you prefer.  You'll also love that our staff is dedicated to providing outstanding service from the moment you enter the office through your recovery and beyond."

Dr. Lovelle is active in the Newton and Wichita communities where she conducts skin screenings and seminars on cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.  She is also involved with her church leadership and enjoys working with their youth.

Dr. Lovelle-Allen's Care Philosophy

Dr. Lovelle-Allen says...

I have a special interest in body contouring, including Mommy Makeovers and surgery after dramatic weight loss.  To this end, I have studied with the innovators of these procedures here in the United States and have traveled as far as Brazil to learn the most effective and efficient techniques.

Dr. Lovelle-Allen says...

Dr. Lovelle-Allen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Plastic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Kansas not available

Dr. Lovelle-Allen has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lovelle-Allen's Board Certifications

• Large Breasts
    • Lipomas
    • Localized Fat Deposits
    • Melanoma
    • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
    • Nodular Basal Cell Carcinoma

Montefiore/einstein

Completed in 1996

Montefiore Medical Center - Moses Division

Completed in 1994

Dr. Lovelle-Allen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lovelle-Allen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery
    • Cosmetic Medicine

• Abdominoplasty
    • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
    • Belotero® Injection
    • Blepharoplasty
    • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
    • Botox® Injection
    • Breast Surgical Procedure
    • Cosmetic Surgical Procedure
    • Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
    • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
    • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
    • Excision of Skin Cancer