Dr. Susan Kessler, MD

Dr. Susan Kessler, MD

Ophthalmology | Female

700 McClellan St Ste 102 Schenectady, NY 12304 Get Directions

Dr. Susan Kessler, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Schenectady, NY. She is 52 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Kessler is affiliated with Ellis Hospital.

Dr. Kessler's Experience

See how Dr. Kessler's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kessler

Dr. Kessler accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Kessler has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kessler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kessler to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Kessler's Performance
in Schenectady, NY |
Dr. Kessler and the surgical team she works with were patient, kind, and skilled in their profession. I was cared for and comforted. I will be going back in six weeks to have cataract surgery on my other eye.
in Schenectady |
Dr. Kessler and her staff are fantastic; just plain nice people. First and foremost, it is a very, very well run office where you aren't sitting around for hours waiting. Dr. Kessler, herself, is great! I am exceptionally nearsighted and I just had my first cataract done. Amazingly, with the use of the newer technology, lenses and her expertise, I now have 20/20 vision in my right eye. Dr. Kessler was just as happy as I was. I couldn't ask for a better doctor!
in Schenectady, NY |
Doctor Kessler performed cataract surgery in both eyes. Both surgeries were very successful. Doctor Kessler and her staff were very professional, friendly and helpful.
in Schoharie, NY |
Have been a patient of Dr. Kessler for close to 6 years. Although I have moved from the Capital Region, I am suffiffiently confident in her insight and skill to drive the hour +for an appointment. She is supported by an efficient and affable staff, who always greet each patient by name. Dr. Kessler always listens and responds to any questions about any procedure. Her matter-of-fact demenor always gives me confidence and helps eradicate any anxiety related to the future of my sight.
Schenectady, NY |
I have been seeing Dr. Kessler for a few years, and recently had cataract surgery. She was very thorough and checked into my medical history extensively prior to the operation. She and her staff are very professional and accommodating. The day of my surgery I was very nervous, and they made me feel at ease. I would highly recommend Dr. Kessler and her practice to anyone.
Schenectady, NY |
I had a very poor experience. She rushed through my examination & follow up appointments without providing explanations as to what she was doing (e.g., putting dye in my eyes). She was dismissive when I asked questions about possible causes for my condition, & provided no patient education about the medications she was prescribing. Most concerning was the fact that she conducted exams with the door open; I could hear every word of her conversation with the patient in the next room.
in Schoharie, NY |
Dr. Kessler performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes. Each time the surgeries went very,very well. She has a great mannerism and takes time to explain all processes leaving no questions on the patients part. Her staff are very efficient, friendly and more than willing to help with any questions or concerns that may arise. I would absolutely recommend she and her staff.
in Schenectady, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Kessler's for many years. She has always treated me with respect and caring . I trust her judgement regarding my vision needs, and have never had a complaint about the treatment I have been given for any eye condition I was dealing with. My cataract surgery went very well . Her office staff are some the the best people I have ever dealt with in any doctor's office. Lisa and Kathy will make sure you are seen quickly for a problem that needs immediate treatment .
in Schenectady, NY |
Changed physician because former doctor had patients waiting up to 3 hours for a scheduled appointment. Spent approximately 3 minutes with me and left all the work to be done by technicians without a medical degree. Script for glasses incorrect and could not see. Dr. Kessler's staff very professional and friendly, promptly saw doctor, who performed the examination and completed script herself. Took time to explain eye conditions and remedies. Scheduled a follow-up appointment.
Nassau, NY |
Dr. Kessler is very positive, answered any questions I posed. I am very pleased with the results of both cataract surgeries.
in Schenectady, NY |
I went in to see the Dr. on 6/28/16 with my mother who is a pt. and was having follow-up cataract surgery. Overnight my eye had developed a serious issue, pain & was almost closed due to the lid swelling. I asked the receptionist if I could be seen as my husb and parents were all patients; but I was not. She saw my eye and said we will get you in. I saw Dr. Kessler after a short wait. She diagnosed me with an ulcerated cornea that was tearing. After many visits and drops I can see well again!
in Schenectady, NY |
Dr Kessler is an amazing ophthalmologist. My entire family are patients. She is an extremely thoro, professional and very knowledgable. The staff is friendly, professional and extremely accommodating. I have never had to wait more than 15 mins in the waiting room. Honesly, she is worth waiting for. She cares about her patients. Highly recommend Dr. Kessler for adults and children.
in Schenectady, NY |
Wait time is outrageous Staff is inconsiderate Over books Extremely small waiting room.20+minute wait time after you get in examining room Works like an assembly ling asked to come back when over booked then tries to charge for a no show. waiting room is extremely small most times have to stand up.Told her we were changing Doctors weren't going to put up with the abusive staff and not being able to get a full description on what she was doing. Received a nasty letter from her Do not go there
Have you seen Dr. Susan Kessler, MD?
Are you Dr. Kessler?

Compare Dr. Kessler

Dr. Kessler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Kessler has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kessler's Board Certifications

• Chorioretinitis
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

St Vincent's Hosp

Completed in 1994

Childrens Hospital

Completed in 1995

Dr. Kessler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kessler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology