Dr. Susan Crockett, MD

Dr. Susan Crockett, MD

Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery | Female

Virtuosa GYN 12602 Toepperwein Rd Ste 208 Live Oak, TX 78233 Get Directions

Minimally Invasive Gyn Surgical (MIGS) options are changing the way women should expect to experience surgery.  Certainly, no one looks forward to having surgery, but if you need a procedure, I'm committed to striving for painless, bloodless surgery, with minimal scarring, fast healing, and the least disruption to your life possible.

I have been a board certified, practicing Ob/Gyn for almost 20 years.  Since being introduced to robotic (daVinci) surgery in 2010, I have performed over 350 daVinci procedures. I was one of the first several dozen gyn surgeons in the US to complete the Master Level (highest level) of daVinci surgical training. I'm especially interested in benign complex gyn problems such as pelvic pain, endometriosis, large fibroids, hysterectomy, pelvic prolapse, and uterine bleeding problems.  99% of the surgeries I have performed in the past 4 years have been successfully completed  through small incisions, with no major complications.

In order to be able to offer minimally invasive surgical options to more women, I retired from delivering babies in April of 2014 and found the San Antonio area's first dedicated MIGS practice, Virtuosa Gyn.  In my office, you should come prepared for a personal experience, from kind  and compassionate office staff, combined with my "girl talk" bedside manner.  Together, we are committed to taking care of you as a whole patient and maximizing your return to health.

Dr Susan Crockett, MD is the founder of Virtuosa Gyn, the area's first practice dedicated to offering women Minimally Invasive Gyn Surgical (MIGS) options. She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology specializing in benign complex gyn and is considered the South Texas area's top female gyn robotic surgeon. Dr. Crockett earned her M.D. from Texas A & M University College of Medicine in 1991, completing her residency at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, D.C. in 1995. She is Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and is also a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists. Previously, Dr. Crockett served as the Director of Obstetrics and Gynecology for the Santa Rosa Family Practice Residency Program and was an Assistant Clinical Professor for the Department of Family Medicine at UTHSCSA. In 2004, she was appointed to serve on the FDA Advisory Committee for Reproductive Health Drugs. She has co-authored many medical publications, as well as one book. Dr. Crockett has practiced as a general Ob/Gyn in the San Antonio area for almost 20 years. She began Minimally Invasive (or Robotic) Gyn surgery in 2010, becoming one of the first few dozen gynecological surgeons nationally who completed the Master's Level (highest level) training for da Vinci surgery in benign gynecology. Dr. Crockett was named a Top Doctor by US News and World Report in 2012 for Robotic Gyn Surgery.

Dr. Crockett's Experience

See how Dr. Crockett's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Crockett

Dr. Crockett accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Crockett has admitting privileges.

Dr. Crockett's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Crockett to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Crockett's Performance
in San Antonio, TX |
I was impressed with the obvious accomplishments of Dr. Crockett and decided that now that I had moved to Texas and needed a new OBGYN, and wanted a female, that she fit the bill. I filled out my paperwork & arrived to my appointment 10 minutes early. However, after waiting 1 &1/2 hours with several patients still a head of me, I had to cancel to make it to a meeting. As a working woman, I can't afford to spend a half a day for an uncomplicated annual exam.
San Antonio, TX |
A front desk staff member can be a combination of unprofessional, rude, and sassy. This has had an effect on my perceptions of the practice, and whether or not I want to continue to see Dr. Crockett. Because of this and the wait times at the office, I would not recommend this practice to family and friends. Additionally, Dr. Crockett seems rushed in nearly all appointments I have had, which I am assuming is due to overbooking appointments and possibly accepting too many new patients.
in New Braunfels, TX |
I feel so thankful to have found Dr. Crockett. She is the first physician to actually listen to my concerns. She takes the time to fully explain what she needs to do to resolve my health issues. Dr. Crockett is a skilled surgeon. I've had two major robotic surgeries. She is a miracle worker, I had zero pain after either surgery. It's great to feel like myself again! Dr. Crockett has a calming demeanor and is very thorough. I have great confidence in her abilities. Her office staff is wonderful.
in San Antonio, TX |
My ob/gyn doctor of over 30 years died, and I was very hesitant about going to a new one. Dr. Crockett was a great choice! Her professional demeanor put me right at ease, and I found it comfortable talking to her about personal issues. I was very anxious in the waiting room but I left feeling relaxed and well taken care of. My hair stylist in now going to her on my recommendation, and she loves her, too!
in San Antonio, TX |
My gyno referred me to Dr. Crockett's office & spoke with the staff told them I was going in for a consultation for an eSure procedure (tubes tied) got an appointment for the same day. I arrived on time & filled out all the paper work. One of the assistants discussed what I was there for - told her specifically I was there & then waited an hour for the p.a. to see me & tell me they don't do that procedure...totally waste of time.
in San Antonio |
I went twice. Then i rescheduled & she told me to come at 1230 to be first, and i was. Was i called first no. Well when i was there still didn't make it to pick up my daughters from school.i was in tears from sitting so long since i have bulging discs. I only went in for referral for incontence but since i was there i said go ahead do a pap smear. Then she ran a std test and hpv test, mind u I'm married & no other dr has done this ever. Ive been getting these over 20years. Now Im in collections.
in San Antonio, Texas |
I love Dr. Crockett! She is kind and very gentle with her procedures. I highly recommend her! Naema Thims
Dr Crockett was very unprofessional. Staff was loud and could hear them talking about other patients. Crockett did not review my patient history from previous Gyno which is frustrating and disappointing. She did not seemed too concerned about my health concerns. Very unsatisfied.. Would not recommend her. My first appointment was my last.
in San Antonio, TX |
Ok. She didn't do job test with pap as guidelines say to do. Office staff is HORRIBLE! They told me my insurance would cover an ultrasound-a service their office provides...then I got a bill. Took 2 MONTHS of emails before the office manager got back with me and ADMITTED that they only did HALF OF BENEFIT VERIFICATION and still expected me to pay!!! MANY PEOPLE have had similar issues. Office staff is so bad that they hired a customer service consultant to teach them customer service! AWFUL!!!
Have you seen Dr. Susan Crockett, MD?
Are you Dr. Crockett?

Compare Dr. Crockett

Dr. Crockett says...

Dr Susan Crockett, MD is the founder of Virtuosa Gyn, the area's first practice dedicated to offering women Minimally Invasive Gyn Surgical (MIGS) options. She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology specializing in benign complex gyn and is considered the South Texas area's top female gyn robotic surgeon.

Dr. Crockett earned her M.D. from Texas A & M University College of Medicine in 1991, completing her residency at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, D.C. in 1995. She is Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and is also a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists. Previously, Dr. Crockett served as the Director of Obstetrics and Gynecology for the Santa Rosa Family Practice Residency Program and was an Assistant Clinical Professor for the Department of Family Medicine at UTHSCSA. In 2004, she was appointed to serve on the FDA Advisory Committee for Reproductive Health Drugs. She has co-authored many medical publications, as well as one book.

Dr. Crockett has practiced as a general Ob/Gyn in the San Antonio area for almost 20 years. She began Minimally Invasive (or Robotic) Gyn surgery in 2010, becoming one of the first few dozen gynecological surgeons nationally who completed the Master's Level (highest level) training for da Vinci surgery in benign gynecology. Dr. Crockett was named a Top Doctor by US News and World Report in 2012 for Robotic Gyn Surgery.

Dr. Crockett's Care Philosophy

• Sacrocolpopexy
  • Incontinence
  • Fibroids
  • Robotic Myomectomy
  • Medically complicated patients requiring gyn surgery
  • Robotic micro-tubal reversal
  • Robotic abdominal cerclage

Dr. Crockett's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Crockett has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Crockett's Board Certifications

• Cervicitis
  • Endometriosis
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Stage 4 Endometriosis

Georgetown U Hosp Deot Ob/Gyn

Completed in 1995

Texas A&M University / Main Campus

Graduated in 1987

Dr. Crockett does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Crockett and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
  • Gynecology

• Abdominal Hysterectomy
  • Birth Control
  • Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Endometrial Ablation