Dr. Susan Cortesi, MD

Dr. Susan Cortesi, MD

General Surgery  |

Dr. Cortesi is an Arizona native, born and raised in Wickenburg. After graduating Cum Laude from Arizona State University she studied at the University of Arizona College of Medicine. She completed her surgical training at Maricopa Medical Center in Phoenix. Dr. Cortesi is certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. She specializes in the treatment of breast disease and breast cancer, she has over 22 years of surgical experience. Dr. Cortesi also performs laparoscopic surgery on hernias and gallbladders, as well as other general surgery procedures.

Advanced Surgical Associates

• Health Net
  • Mercy Care
  • State Farm

Learn about Dr. Cortesi

My goal is to provide the highest quality surgical care available with an emphasis on advanced surgical procedures and technology. I believe that caring is spoken, believed and practiced. Communication is essential to our effectiveness.

Dr. Cortesi's Experience

Dr. Cortesi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Port Removal
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Arizona State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1986
  • University of Arizona
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • Maricopa Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Maricopa Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Cortesi has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cortesi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cortesi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dignity Health - Chandler Regional Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
America's 50 Best Hospitals Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Cortesi is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Cortesi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cortesi to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Cortesi's Performance
Chandler, AZ |
I was told I had Breast Cancer . My PCP recommended Dr. Cortesi . Thank my lucky stars !!! She was compassionate caring professional. I felt totally in good hands , at that they were. I can't say enough except how grateful I am. and it even goes beyond that. The office staff is amazing , if I called for a concern. I was called back by her nurse right away. If you have been diagnosed and want to be in great hands and someone who is compassionate and caring. Please call Dr. Cortesi !
in Maricopa, AZ |
Wow - Dr Cortesi is an absolutely totally amazing doctor - I would highly recommend her. Should I have a surgical need arise again I would insist on at least consulting her & if applicable using her services.. She is friendly, takes time with her patients, listens, answers questions & gives you the absolute feeling you are in great hands when you say "nightall"!!
in Chandler, AZ |
I'm a new patient and couldn't be more impressed with how your team responded to my needs. Dr. Cortesi and her team were professional, forthcoming with information and provided a referral to help complete a diagnosis. Thank you for your help. Rick A. Sheldon
Gilbert, AZ |
She is awesome. She is just like a friend when you talk about your problem. Best experience
in Mesa AZ |
If it weren't for my family keeping me on life support I'd be dead right now. Went IN for lung issues, came OUT without a colon with a colostomy bag. Suffer every day because of these people. CanNOT recommend to anyone.
in Tempe, AZ |
She did surgery for umbilical hernia and was is very knowledgeable and caring... Mine was a little more complex with a previous surgery and her skills are amazing. Highly recommend her for her care, knowledge and skills.
in Maricopa, AZ |
Friendly, engaging on a personal level, not just all medicine. Confident. I was in for a double hernia operation. I was made welcome and comfortable is all phases of treatment. Staff who worked with me had the same manner and professional ism as did Dr. Cortesi. I would recommend Dr. Cortesi and staff most highly and without reservations.
in Maricopa, AZ |
Extremely knowledgeable, explained surgery in detail. Awesome bedside manner.
in Glendale, Az |
In September 2016, I needed surgery to repair a hernia. Dr. Cortesi was highly recommended by my primary care doc. I met with Dr. Cortesi to discuss my surgery and found her to be very caring and easy to talk to. She took plenty of time to discuss my surgical options and possible complications. Surgery was done as an outpatient, and I had no complications afterwards. Clearly, Dr. Cortesi is a skilled surgeon who truly cares about her patients- and she's a lot of fun to talk to!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Cortesi was great I would recommender her to anyone who is in need of a great surgeon.
in Tempe, AZ |
Dr. Cortesi is a genius and a magician. She performed open surgery left side inguinal hernia repair on me September 1, 2016. I am a 70 years old male who had had the right side surgery done in another state 18 months prior. In that prior surgery I experienced many of the problems common to this type of surgery. This time, however, the difference was dramatically different. No bruising, no pain at the incision, no need for a catheter. Dr. Cortesi has my unqualified recommendation.
Tempe, AZ |
I recently had a hernia repair performed by Dr. Cortesi. The entire process was handled professionally with all appointments on time or even early! No pain after surgery and healing process moving along well.
in Maricopa, AZ |
I found Dr. Susan Cortesi to be a very competent, caring, confident surgeon. Her diagnosis was correct and her care and bedside manner were a welcome experience. She took all the time I needed to answer my questions and explain my condition and upcoming gallbladder and hernia repair surgery to my satisfaction. Her knowledge, confidence, and attention to her patients gave me great comfort from my first appoint with her , to my day of surgery, and follow up appointment. Dr. Cortesi is a surgeon I
in Maricopa, AZ |
Excellent Surgeon! I could not have asked for a better experience from first appointment thru my post op appointment. I would recommend Dr. Cortesi to my family and friends in a heartbeat! Thank you Dr. Cortesi!
in Apache Junction, AZ |
Professional yet warm and friendly. Very knowledgeable and a skilled surgeon. Performed a hernia surgery on me and did an excellent job. I highly recommend her services!
in Phoenix, AZ |
I went to Dr. Cortesi after a breast biopsy. She was warm, friendly and reassuring. She took her time at each appointment, and patiently explained my options. Her office promptly contacted me when a follow-up was due. Her office staff was professional and courteous. I would recommend her to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Susan Cortesi, MD?
Are you Dr. Cortesi?

Mesa, AZ 85202
HonorHealth Scottsdale Osborn Medical Center
7400 E Osborn Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251

More General Surgery Specialists like Dr. Cortesi at Advanced Surgical Associates