Dr. Susan Charlamb, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemaleAge 70

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Susan Charlamb, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in West Bloomfield, MI and has over 47 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from ALBANY MEDICAL COLLEGE in 1976. Her office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. Susan Charlamb, MD

Comprehensive Psychiatric Svs

5600 W Maple Rd Ste C304 West Bloomfield, MI 48322
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available
  • Offers Telehealth

Get better prescription prices

Optum Perks and Healthgrades are subsidiaries of RVO Health.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check Dr. Charlamb's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Charlamb's Top Procedures and Conditions

Adjustment Disorder

Dr. Charlamb treats Adjustment Disorder more than 65% of her peers

Dr. Charlamb treats this condition more than 65% of her peers

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)

Dr. Charlamb performs Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) more than 45% of her peers

Dr. Charlamb performs this procedure more than 45% of her peers

Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)

Dr. Charlamb treats Dysthymia (Chronic Depression) more than 14% of her peers

Dr. Charlamb treats this condition more than 14% of her peers

Dr. Charlamb's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Dr. Charlamb accepts

Dr. Charlamb accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Priority PPO

Dr. Charlamb's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Charlamb

1.8

I saw Susan Charlamb for about a year. She is a judgmental person who lacks in empathy and basic social skills. I have depression and she basically made it worse with her “therapy” and medicine she prescribed (tried giving me some blood pressure medicine.. for depression). She is not a relatable person that’s easy to talk to and share your emotions with because she judges. I would never recommend anyone go to see her.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Lauren – Nov 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Susan Charlamb, MD?
I opened up to Dr. Charlamb about a traumatizing sexual experience I'm recovering from, and she told me diminished my experience completely, told me it "wouldn't hold up in court." I also described the experience in some detail, and she responded incredulously when I expressed my trauma, as if it's no big deal what happened. This person should not be practicing.
Jul 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Susan Charlamb, MD?
I was one of her first "experiments" when this witch was fresh out of college, in her 20s at the time. I was in a home for emotionally damaged teens and children. Back then it was called Hawthorne. This was around 1981. I was 15. We didn't get a choice of what psychiatrist to work with, so I got stuck with her. She said I was "antisocial" because I didn't enjoy sports. She made the staff enact punishments because I refused to play volleyball. She was a punish happy sort. I'm guessing she got into this job because she hates people and wants to make them miserable. The WORST was not on me. The most UNFORGIVABLE thing this monster did was she was assigned a 5 year old boy who was raised by deaf parents, and he was sent there to learn to talk, as his deaf parents weren't able to do so. This 5 year old baby was naturally scared of being dropped off in a strange, mental home situation, and was crying. Her solution? Lock him in the solitary confinement room! I can forgive her for
Apr 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Susan Charlamb, MD?
This "doctor" seems to be hanging around just to pick up a few more bucks. Doesn't care to remember what was said in the last appointment. She does not listen attentively. She rudely cuts off discussions. Questions about prescriptions is met with condescension instead of insight and can be dangerous. She needs to retire.
Feb 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Susan Charlamb, MD?
This doc is amazing. She cares deeply about her patients. She’s humble. I will never go to another psych again. I feel 100% comfortable with her. Tameka at the office is amazing as well.
Look no further. – Oct 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Susan Charlamb, MD?
I had her as a psychiatrist for 3 months. Never again. She actually had the nerve to tell me I dont have depression. Umm.... excuse me. I've been diagnosed with depression since I was a child so dont tell me I dont have depression. She lacks basic empathy and understanding of mental illness. She was also on her phone the entire time during our appointments.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
Judith – Sep 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Susan Charlamb, MD?
I was warned ahead of time that she was tough to work with, but she was one of the few who took my crappy insurance and I basically only saw her only to get meds & refills. She barked at me one day when I dared to talk about my personal life by saying she didn't want to hear my "stupid stories" and to tell her what I needed (meaning rx refills, not actual mental help) to which I shut down and tried to hold in my tears until I left. What a complete witch. Why do you go into this field if you hate people? What a sad, hateful person.
Apr 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Susan Charlamb, MD?
Highly dissatisfied with quality of care. Looks at her phone during appt. Dismissive, rude. Empty waiting room. Would NOT recommend.
May 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Susan Charlamb, MD?
I have never been treated with disrespect from a "so called" DR in my whole life. I am a nurse and would NEVER talk to a patient the way this mean nasty woman talked to me. I plan to report her to the board of medicine. Saying she lacks compassion would be an understatement. She is a heartless miserable person who doesn't care about her patients. BEWARE!
Melanie Gaston in Southfield, Mi – Dec 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Susan Charlamb, MD?
She's a terrible psychiatrist. She's not skilled at her profession, she spends most of the appointments looking up what we were talking about on WebMD. She doesn't take an interest in my life. She cuts you off mid sentence if you even slightly begin to trail of the specific question she asked. And she could care less about how you're really doing. I don't like her at all, all she is good for is getting refills. Even then she will make it a giant pain in the rear to get a refill. Be warned.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
Jan 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Susan Charlamb, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Charlamb?