Dr. Susan Bard, MD

Dr. Susan Bard, MD

Dermatology  |
Female
Dr. Susan Bard, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in New York, NY. She has been practicing for 10 years. Read her story

51 E 25th St # 411

New York, NY 10010

Learn about Dr. Bard

See how frequently Dr. Bard performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Skin Infections
Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
Warts
high

Dr. Bard's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Bard's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Bard "Susan Bard, MD is a board certified general and procedural dermatologist with the American Board of Dermatology and a fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery. Dr. Bard is a native of New York City. She received her medical degree from the State University of New York – Downstate, where she graduated top of her class and was elected to the prestigious national medical honor society, Alpha Omega Alpha. Following medical school she completed an internship in internal medicine at The Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City and a dermatology and cutaneous surgery residency at the University of Miami where she received extensive training in medical, pediatric, cosmetic and surgical dermatology. Dr. Bard also completed a clinical research fellowship in Pediatric Dermatology under the mentorship of Dr. Lawrence Schachner, department chairman at the University of Miami as well as a Procedural Dermatology Fellowship at Skin Laser and Surgery Specialists in New York where she further trained in Mohs micrographic surgery and reconstruction, as well as laser and cosmetic surgery. Dermatologist in NYC Dr. Bard has presented at several national conferences and has written numerous book chapters and articles published in many prominent peer-reviewed journals including: The Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology Archives of Dermatology Pediatric Dermatology Journal of Investigative Dermatology Her professional interests include Mohs micrographic surgery, as well as cosmetic and laser procedures and she has recently authored a textbook entitled "The Laser Treatment of Vascular Lesions". Dr. Bard has a unique ability to set her patients at ease. Her warmth, compassion and delicate touch make her an ideal physician and surgeon for even the youngest or most apprehensive patient. Dr. Bard is licensed to practice medicine in the state of New York and Florida. Specializing in the field of Dermatology, Dr. Bard is prepared to care for patients with various skin, nail and hair disorders including acne, eczema, psoriasis, warts and skin cancer, among many others. Professional Memberships American Board of Dermatology American Academy of Dermatology American College of Mohs Surgery American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Hospital Affiliations New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical Center The Mount Sinai Hospital Northwell Health Northshore LIJ "

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Cellulite
  • Folliculitis
  • Genital Warts
  • Hair Loss
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Juvéderm® Voluma® Injection
  • Laser Hair Removal
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Mole Removal
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Sculptra™ Injection
  • Skin Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• SUNY Dwnstate M C Coll Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
  • Mount Sinai Hosp Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • University Of Miami / School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Skin Laser and Surgery Specialists Of Ny & Nj
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Bard has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bard does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bard and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bard's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bard to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Bard's Performance
in New York, NY |
Great doctor, very thorough. Wonderful experience overall. Highly recommend.
in New York, NY |
I love Dr. Bard! She's the best dermatologist I've ever had and my skin has never looked better. I've been her patient since she first started and have followed her wherever she's gone.
New York, NY |
Dr. Bard is the best Dermatologist! She knows what the issue is within 2 seconds of looking, but she'll still take the time to explain it, probable causes, treatment options, treatment side effects, and preventative recommendations. Dr. Bard treats you like a good friend, there is always a warm welcome, and she remembers our previous conversations regardless of how much time has passed. Highly recommended!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Susan Bard is incredibly smart and has wonderful bedside manner. She knew right away what was going on with my son. Not only was it a very short wait to see her but it was a very short visit because she was very confident in her diagnosis and she was also correct. After using the creams prescribed, my son was healed in 3days. I absolutely LOVE her. Without hesitation I would highly recommend her to all of my friends and family and anyone looking for a highly reputable dermatologist.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Not only is this doctor really knowledgeable but she has excellent bedside manner. She really took her time with me(didn't rush through appoint like most doctors do these days) and made sure to address all my concerns. I would definetly recommend her (and have to all my friends) to anyone seeking a great dermatologist. Oh and she is also great with cosmetic procedures ;).
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Bard took her time and answered all of my questions (and I had a lot). She was sweet and explained all of my options. After the second visit, I was very happy with the treatment I received. Highly recommend.
Roslyn Heights, NY |
Dr. Bard is exceptionaly knowledgeable and very acomidating. Made sure I was comfortable, answered all my questions and made the process as smooth as possible! Was very happy with my experience and will 100% recommend her!
Dr. Bard is truly exceptional in every way, and I would strongly recommend her (and have already made several referrals to her, in fact!). She's extremely knowledgeable, very friendly, and always goes above and beyond to superior care. Dr. Bard is always keeping up with the latest trends in dermatology to ensure that she's able to provide the most innovative therapies and treatment plans to her patients. She also never makes you feel like she's in a rush when you're in her office. Thanks!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Bard is a blessing to the medical world. I could not be more satisfied with her as my Dermatologist. 3 years ago I suffered from Lupus and was being treated incorrectly by a former dermatologist for more than 7 years. After 1 visit with Dr. Bard, she was able to correctly diagnosis my issue and designed a specialized treatment plan just for me, which has given me back my quality of life. She is always pleasant, genuine and the most adorable Dermatologist you will ever meet.
in New York, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Bard's for many years. I have always been impressed by her intelligence, skill, and competence. She is really what a physician is supposed to be . In addition to her medical expertise, she is a warm, caring and compassionate woman who is never too busy to listen to her patients. She is A+ in every way !
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Bard was very clear and thorough in running through all options and treatments. It is a very modern office and the doctor is extremely knowledgeable current in all the latest treatments. She treats a huge number of patients and has much more experience, and has treated more patients than most doctors her age. In one month with Dr. Bard, a condition treated by 8 previous doctors over a 30 year period was completely gone. Say no more... oh, she's super beautiful too.
Excellent experience with Dr. Bard
in Great Neck, NY |
Great doctor. Very friendly and spent ample time with me and answered all my questions.
in New York, NY |
My case was cosmetic so I could not use insurance. They changed me $300. I understood. Then they charged me $500 as visiting fee without mention! They used my insurance number sneaky. I can't trust the doctor and all stuff. I will never come back there.
in Flushing, NY |
We found Dr. Bard online through her wonderful reviews. She was our only hope. Throughout my lifetime I was treated by numerous dermatologists for skin cancer. After years of sunbathing they just kept popping up all over the place and I was tired of being operated on constantly. Dr. Bard spent ample time discussing my treatment options including, both surgical and non surgical. We also derived a plan to treat the existing sun damage to prevent the emergence of new skin cancers. She's the best!
New York, NY |
Very caring and reassuring. Great doctor. Highly recommend!
in New York, NY |
Its so hard to find a doctor that you truly feel comfortable with. I'm so happy that I discovered Dr Bard. She's so kind, patient and most importantly thorough. I came in for a routine check and to my surprise She found a dangerous skin cancer. My first instinct was to panic but she calmed me down, explained the diagnosis and treatment plan extensively. I was scheduled for surgery the next week and have healed beautifully. I am so grateful to be under her care. God bless you Doctor!
in New York, NY |
Great doctor! Highly recommend!
Wonderful experience! Very kind and knowledgable Doctor! Just the best!
in New York, NY |
Dr Bard is by far the best doctor I've ever been to. She's so knowlegable, patient and kind. She is very thorough and has a very gentle touch. I feel very confident in her abilities and am so glad I found her. She is my family's new dermatologist, we just love her!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Bard and her staff were extremely professional and made me feel very comfortable. She was really patient and attentive to my needs, questions and concerns. She took the time to answer all my questions and explained everything in great detail. She is by far the best doctor I have ever been to and I am so happy that I made the decision to come see her and have her treat my skin. I highly recommend!!!
Have you seen Dr. Susan Bard, MD?
Are you Dr. Bard?