Dr. Suryadutt Venkat, MD

Dr. Suryadutt Venkat, MD

Geriatric Medicine  ·
Dr. Suryadutt Venkat, MD is a geriatric medicine specialist in Holden, MA and has been practicing for 9 years. He graduated from Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore, India. in 2000 and specializes in geriatric medicine and family medicine.Read his story

64 Boyden Rd

Holden, MA 01520

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Venkat

See how frequently Dr. Venkat performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Insomnia
Chronic Pain
high
Wellness Examination
high

Dr. Venkat's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Venkat's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Venkat "Originally from India, Dr. Suryadutt Venkat was inspired to become a family doctor by a physician in his hometown. "I noticed how my own family doctor took care of people…there was so much passion, so much rapport with his patients. He really opened my eyes to what a doctor could be." In getting to know Dr. Venkat, it's easy to see that Family Medicine is what he enjoys best. "I love the variety in Family Medicine. I love being able to take care of just about every patient that walks through the door. One minute I have an appointment with a newborn, then soon after I'll be treating an 80-year old patient…that's what makes Family Medicine special. I love providing continuity of medical care to my patients. It helps build long-term and endearing relationships with patients, which makes it all well worth it." Dr. Venkat firmly believes that family physicians play a pivotal role in coordinating care for their patients and helping them navigate effectively through an otherwise complex health care system. "Family Medicine is the backbone of a successful and cost-effective health care system," he explains. "By ensuring prompt follow-up and coordination of medical care, family physicians can decrease unnecessary emergency room visits and hospital re-admission rates." In his practice at Reliant Medical Group in Holden, Dr. Venkat particularly enjoys taking care of older patients. "I have always been interested in taking care of the elderly," he explains. "For this reason, I decided to pursue a one-year fellowship in Geriatrics after my Family Medicine residency training. I worked closely with patients in outpatient settings, hospitals, nursing homes, and assisted living centers. I really enjoyed my fellowship in Geriatrics and was drawn to all the life experiences my patients had to share." No matter who he is treating, Dr. Venkat takes great pride in using his skills to help others. "It's very satisfying to me to create a positive outcome for a patient. It's great to make a difference in people's lives at the end of the day. I just find it very rewarding to help people." In his spare time, Dr. Venkat enjoys spending time with his wife and young daughter. He also enjoys family get-togethers, traveling and playing golf."

• Geriatric Medicine

• Immunization
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore, India.
    Medical School | Graduated 2000
  • Centrastate Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Kuakini Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Venkat has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Venkat does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Venkat and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Venkat's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Venkat to family and friends
7 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Venkat's Performance

My husband and I both see Dr. Venkat. We are seniors with multiple health issues. He is the most thorough doctor and extremely kind and compassionate. We have never felt hurried in his office though we know he has limited time. He takes time to explain conditions so we understand. We both...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Are you Dr. Venkat?