Dr. Suresh Undavia, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 78

Psychiatry

Dr. Suresh Undavia, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Vestal, NY and has over 51 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from MP Shah Med Coll, Jamnagar medical school in 1971. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Suresh Undavia, MD

Suresh V Undavia MD

114 Clayton Ave Vestal, NY 13850 ()
Telehealth services available

Dr. Undavia performs Psychiatric Evaluation more than 80% of his peers

Psychological Evaluation

Dr. Undavia performs Psychological Evaluation more than 80% of his peers

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Undavia performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Undavia's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Dr. Undavia accepts

Dr. Undavia accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Undavia's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Undavia

2.9

Dr. Undavia

I saw Dr. Undavia for 1 year without any issues whatsoever. However, I discussed with him my wife’s pregnancy and explained to him (repeatedly) that my next appointment coincided with her due date and I may not be able to make it. In short, my wife went into labor and because I was unwilling to take the 2 hour round trip to see the doctor so close to my wife’s due date (and unable to do so afterwards with a newborn at home) I received a discharge letter stating that because I was not seen in the last 30 days I had not fulfilled my part of our agreement. And so, because of this callousness and neglect toward a patient who acted in good faith, I have been abruptly cut off from medication I have been taking for years and suffering tremendously while doing all I can to care for my wife and 9-day old child when they need me most. Shame on you, Doctor.
Nathan Griffin – Dec 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suresh Undavia, MD?
Short brief visit his report stated that I was a drug addict because I took medication for severe migraine headaches when needed. He also said I was a schizophrenic. Condemnation at its worst I went to him for Nortriptyline because I heard it helped with migraines and no Dr. would prescribe it... I asked a Physicians Assistant who would prescribe it he said A Psychiatrist and he was recommended.. I returned back to P.A. and asked for a referral to Neurologist and they ran tests and prescribed Imitrex and It was God sent. I told the Neurologist what the Psychiatrist said he laughed and said i am not crazy. He also added that is the type of Dr. you need to see if you want to go on disability. I guess no matter who he see he claims they are crazy. You know someone that thinks everyone is crazy in my opinion is nuts themself.
Jan 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suresh Undavia, MD?
Dr. that says EVERYONE is Schizophrenic and/or Drug Addict. He sent a report to my work that stated I couldn't work while taking a low dose of an anti anxiety medication. He wanted me on a very powerful anti-psychotic.. He later denied that he sent the report stating that I could not return to work. I also added "thank you"...I used that report to help get SSDI" He was furious and said he didn't ever say I was disabled and couldn't return to work. I said call my present employer they will set you straight on what you did.. I added "If you don't like it here, you can go back where you come from" He didn't know what to say as I called him a no good liar.
Dec 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suresh Undavia, MD?
He’s the best in the business. No other way to put it.
Nov 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suresh Undavia, MD?
I was a patient for over a year. He was decent at times, but I question his diagnoses as I've never had symptoms of what he diagnosed me with. He prescribes medications without explaining the possible adverse side effects or will just blatantly lie and say "no, that won't happen" even though it's a known side effect. I called in crisis recently- bawling and everything- and he proceeded to berate me on the phone, calling me a liar, rude and snotty- his exact words. I refuse to be called names by a so-called "mental health professional". He refused to help me and stated "well you can either go to the crisis center or fire me". So I fired him. I'd rather run out of my medications than deal with THAT.
Aug 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suresh Undavia, MD?
I have been a patient for years I am still A patient. He's a good doctor. He's helped me through a lot of things but he's not going to deal with any nonsense he is strict but he's a great man and doctor. Just do what your supposed to do and you will be fine.
Brittany Melton – Apr 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suresh Undavia, MD?
My experience with Dr. Undavia was FINISHED before it was started, fortunately. He may be the only doctor who offers Ketamine derivatives for treatment-resistant depression, but several of the most recent reviews of the doctor paint a picture of the type of arrogant, obnoxious assh*les that this area is populated with. I shan't be subjecting myself to any grumpy old man who manifests a desire to talk down to me and bully me. No thank you...that's not what I need
Endicott, NY – Jan 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suresh Undavia, MD?
One of the worst psychiatrists I have ever dealt with. I went to him to talk about a possible diagnosis of ADHD, I am 61. He said he couldn't begin to make a diagnosis without kindergarten and elementary school records. Keep on mind I am 61 and went to school in VA. until moving here in the 1970's. Where would I get those records? What are the chances I remember their names and they are still alive if I'm 61. He didn't listen to me, when I said I was born and raised in VA he made a comment about "hillbilly's." I told him I thought he was confusing where grew up with the Appalachian mountains. His questions were asked in such a skewed way - and I had trouble understanding his accent - I could not follow him and answer effectively. When I brought this to his attention he said, brusquely that it was I that was screwing up the questions. His psychiatric information on ADHD was so old school it worried me that I had gone to him when I felt like I was more informed on new treatments.
Jul 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suresh Undavia, MD?
Be sure to understand what he specializes in, I didn't. He has an extremely vindictive manner. If you know you're not an addict, but he insists you are because of meds you've been on for depression, fibro that entails the entire body with pain and fatigue.... just leave. I didn't and wanted him to understand the reason I was on those meds... he fiercely and I mean 'fiercely' demanded he was correct.... suffice to say either you agree or he'll destroy you in your patient profile as he did me.
NY – Jan 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suresh Undavia, MD?
Bullheaded old man who should have retired a few years ago. Told me one thing and put something entirely different in writing. Told me that I could return to work and then told work I was a drug addict and a Schizophrenic... When later told him I got a copy of his report and used it to help get SSDI he became enraged. He said I belong working and when I threw up at him that he wouldn't let me return to work he ran out of the room... I wouldn't recommend this foreign Dr. to even my dog...
Feb 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suresh Undavia, MD?
Putting even one star next to his name is a joke. I was treated like an idiot and talked down to every visit I had. As I was getting lectured about how important he is I told him sometimes more important things happen in life and reschedualing a Dr's appointment should not be my greatest problem. He then got his pride hurt and kicked me out of his office. He thinks he is better than you. This should be a place that helps you. Not one where you go to get judged.
Binghamton, NY – Sep 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suresh Undavia, MD?
The person leaving a negative was probably making excuses and not taking responsibility for his/her actions. Dr. Undavia has been one of the most caring wonderful people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I could see him being strict if you aren't doing what you're supposed to but if you do what you're supposed to, there will never be an issue
Utica, NY – Aug 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suresh Undavia, MD?
dr.undavia is a wonderful dr. unfortunetly my son called and made up lies so im no longer his patient but he is a wonderful dr and i muss him soo much ...
rita in Binghamton, NY – Aug 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suresh Undavia, MD?
I found him to be a bullheaded, cocky, and downright cruel and totally unprofessional. If you don't agree with his assessment of you, he will stop at nothing to win, even if it means destroying you. I won't go into my experience with him because to this day it has to be the single most obnoxious experience of my life. He even called other doctors in the area to warn them about me. And of course every doctor knows, doctors are always right and patients are always wrong.
Endicott, NY – Jan 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Suresh Undavia, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Undavia?