Psychiatry  |
Dr. Surendra Kelwala, MD
Dr. Surendra Kelwala, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Livonia, MI. He is 65 years old. Dr. Kelwala is affiliated with St. Mary Mercy Hospital.

36180 5 Mile Rd

Livonia, MI 48154

Learn about Dr. Kelwala

See how frequently Dr. Kelwala performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Psychosis
high
Psychiatric Diseases
Psychiatric Evaluation

Dr. Kelwala's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

• Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizophrenia

• Psychiatric Evaluation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Eastern Virginia Medical School
  • Harvard Med School
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1980
  • Lafayette Clin
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1983

Dr. Kelwala has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kelwala does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kelwala and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kelwala's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kelwala to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Kelwala's Performance
in Livonia |
Worst psych I've ever had. SO rude. I used to see him a couple years ago. I confronted him about his constant phone use being a little disrespectful (I wouldn't use my phone when he was talking to me so...), he got VERY angry, demanded me to leave/ we argued. I was diagnosed with BPD at U of M's inpatient clinic and when he made me leave, he said something like "BPD is a garbage diagnosis because it gives narcissistic people a reason to act like a-holes." Happy he kicked me out of his practice.
in MI |
There is no doubt that Dr. Kelwala is an excellent doctor! The doctors office staff are very kind and you can tell they care about the patients. Today I needed to get one of my prescriptions written and the only staff person in today was Sue! Sue took care of the entire situation in a speedy manner and with tremendous kindness! Sue is taking great care of Dr. Kelwala's office!!
Farmington, MI |
Dr. Kelwala is one of worst psychiatrists I have ever seen. EVERY TIME I have gone to him for my monthly appointments he always falls asleep while I am talking, talks and texts on his phone and doses off all the time. He never helped me diagnose any of my problems or gave me his input on what I should do, if I could give him negative stars then I would.
in Livonia, MI |
This physician is outstanding. He helps patients be introspective, he’s considerate, pays great attention to detail, is very observant, creative, a gentleman and very timely. He’s considerate of a patient’s time and privacy. He shares his thoughts and expertise with the public through blogs and other media. I find it amazing that he has the patience to deal with the unbelievable complexities of the mind and the myriad of problematic patients he must treat. Definitely a credit to his profession.
Have you seen Dr. Surendra Kelwala, MD?
Are you Dr. Kelwala?