Dr. Surena Namdari, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery | Male

Rothman Institute Orthopaedics 3300 Tillman Dr Ste 201 Bensalem, PA 19020 Get Directions
Dr. Surena Namdari, MD
Dr. Namdari is a board certified shoulder and elbow surgeon and an associate professor of orthopaedic surgery at Thomas Jefferson University. He completed medical school at Brown University and orthopaedic residency at the University of Pennsylvania. He was then awarded a fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery at Washington University in St Louis. He specializes in the arthroscopic and open treatment of all conditions of the shoulder and elbow, including arthritis, tendon disorders, fractures, and instability. He is particularly interested in complex problems, involving bone loss, irreparable tendon tears, or failed previous surgery. Dr. Namdari is especially committed to the practice of evidence-based medicine and is actively involved in advancing the field of orthopaedics through research. He has an extensive bibliography of original papers and abstracts and has presented both nationally and internationally.

Dr. Namdari's Experience

See how Dr. Namdari's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Namdari

Dr. Namdari accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Namdari is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Namdari has admitting privileges.

Dr. Namdari's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Namdari to family and friends
Dr. Namdari's Performance
in Philadelphia, PA |
Had a shoulder replacement by Dr. Namdari. Fabulous doctor! Took incredible amount of time at first appointment to explain everything and show X-rays. Bedside manner is caring, kind and never rushed. Highly recommend!
Blue Bell, PA |
Dr. Namdari performed surgical repair of my torn rotator cuff involving a complete tear of 1 tendon and partial tears of 2 tendons along with a biceps tenodesis in 2015. My surgery was complicated by the fact that I have osteoporosis. Two years later after surgery and diligent physical therapy exercises, I continue to be satisfied with my range of motion. I believe I selected the right orthopedic surgeon and have referred other people to him.
Philadelphia, PA |
I have had many procedures done at Rothman and the service was AWESOME!!!
Extremely professional
Philadelphia, PA |
I would recommend Rothman Institute to the world. I could not ask for any better. Dr. Namdari is great. He treats you as if you were his family.
in Langhorne, PA |
I chose Dr. Namdari from the Rothman website based on his bio and excellent reviews. He is everything everyone says and more. He was very conservative for my condition which I appreciated. If, in the future I do need surgery I would not hesitate to have him perform it. Everyone at the Rothman institute in Bensalem was excellent and I was able to get everything done in one day.
Philadelphia, PA |
Thank you for everything that you've done Dr. Namdari! I look forward to coming back to have my knees done at Rothman.
Philadelphia, PA |
Very happy with the outcome of my surgery. Also, going to PT with Soni was great!
Narberth, PA |
Dr. Namdari is excellent. I would highly recommend him. He is also an excellent diagnostician, explains everything clearly.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Namdari was wonderful and really took the time to answer all of my questions. His assistants Donna and Chris were very helpful and nice and got everything I needed in a timely manner.
in Yardville, NJ |
I had a total left shoulder replacement preformed by Dr Namdari Feb 2016, Im 53 yrs old and 6 weeks after surgery I was back to work in my Painting business. 6 months after surgery I feel great no pain and have great range of motion. Dr Namdari is a highly skilled surgeon and his expertise in this field is why I had such a successful surgery and recovery. I feel very fortunate that we found him and he performed my surgery, THANK YOU Dr Namdari!
in Oaklyn, NJ |
If I could rate this guy ten stars, I would! My experience with Dr. Namdari was nothing short of outstanding! He is thorough, very skilled, and is one of the most caring doctors I have encountered. I attribute the successful outcome of my surgery solely due to his expertise and care. I sing his praises, because the whole experience with him was nothing short of marvelous. Yes, he is THAT good!
in Hatboro, PA |
I separated my shoulder in February 2015 and Dr. Namdari performed the surgery at Rothman Institute. From the first pre-surgery appointment to the last post-surgery meeting, I felt very comfortable with him. I was nervous going into the surgery but his relaxed yet professional demeanor relieved alot of that nervousness. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Namdari for shoulder surgery.
in Levittown,PA |
Dr Namdari performed a reverse shoulder replacement on me. I had a great outcome with same procedure with another Rothman Doctor so I was interested to see how this surgery compared. So far I am as happy with the outcome as I could be! I had next to no pain, the site kooks great,and I had a very positive surgical experience. Dr Namdari is kind and really listens to his patients and he is highly skilled! I would absolutely recommend him to anyone in need of a good shoulder Doctor.
in Deptford nj |
He took a lot of time to explain my complicated condition and repair. Very respectful, explained everything so well. I loved him and this was my 6th shoulder surgery I would highly recommend him
Dr. Namdari was available for questions before the surgery via email, always responded quickly, and was truly communicate and involved with any questions or concerns. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is seeking a good shoulder surgeon.
Have you seen Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
Are you Dr. Namdari?

Compare Dr. Namdari

Dr. Namdari says...

He specializes in the arthroscopic and open treatment of all conditions of the shoulder and elbow, including arthritis, tendon disorders, fractures, and instability.  He is particularly interested in complex problems, involving bone loss, irreparable tendon tears, or failed previous surgery.

Dr. Namdari is especially committed to the practice of evidence-based medicine and is actively involved in advancing the field of orthopaedics through research.  He has an extensive bibliography of original papers and abstracts and has presented both nationally and internationally.

Dr. Namdari's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania
    Washington University Of St. Louis
    Brown University

• Farsi

Dr. Namdari does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Namdari and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery