Dr. Surena Namdari, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 39

Telehealth services available

Rothman Orthopaedic Institute

925 Chestnut St Fl 5 Philadelphia, PA 19107

Dr. Surena Namdari, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Namdari has more experience with Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery and Elbow Surgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Jefferson Abington Hospital and Jefferson Methodist Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Namdari to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Namdari with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Einstein Health Network.

Make an appointment at Einstein Health Network today at (215) 395-6087.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Einstein Health Network.

Dr. Namdari's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Namdari

Satisfied
Noor Shah – Nov 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
I always recommend Dr. Namdari. He’s very conscientious and works towards less is more when moving forward with elbow surgery. I appreciate his vision on the outcome, it gives me confidence.
Nov 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
Dr. Namdari treated me for a torn rotator cuff. He recommended no surgery at this time. I received an injection for pain and was started on physical rehab. The rehab has been successful and I now have excellent results. Everything was explained to me and I will continue my rehab exercises at home.
Alan Wayne – Oct 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
Truly a genuine kind doctor! The best! Listens to your questions and concerns unlike many other doctors that don't!
Patricia Diehl – Oct 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
Am one of namdaris client my name is Guillermo ortiz and my experience with him was amazing, I got a full rotator cuff surgery and am well recovered in 6 months ,his P.A Stephanie is awesome and they always checked on me and made sure I had a full recovery, I will give him 10 out of 10 in a scale basis bc he well deserves it, I hope I don't tear another cuff,but if I do,I will request Dr.Surena Namdari 100% thanks so much to him and the Rothman institute, love you guys so much???????????????????????
Guillermo Ortiz – Sep 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
I was very comfortable with Dr. Namdari after meeting him for the first time. He listened to me and examined me arriving at a diagnosis with speed and compassion. He explained the treatments available to me with his opinion on where I stood and which would be the treatment for me. Before any decision was made asked me to get a CTscan to be sure our decision was what was best. None of the usual try this and come back and we'll see. I have been through this too many times.(Please don't waste my time and yours but most don't keep me suffering). Thank you Dr Namdari and Thank you Roth-man Orthopedics. All my visits have been quick, to the point, treatment and I have always been feeling better in no time. Looking forward to my next visit to decide on my treatment and start toward my recovery. See ya soon, Dr. Namdari.
Lori K. – Sep 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
Dr Namdari was great! He answered all my questions and was very gracious. I would recommend he to everyone in need
Sep 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
Would defi Italy recommend Sr. Namdari. Very personable and takes time to understand patient concerns.
Bob Pellegrino – Sep 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
Dr. Namdari has been a big part of my life for the last year and a half. After losing mobility and strength (even after physical therapy) in my right shoulder, Dr. Namdari performed a rotator cuff repair on my in June of 2020. Then, a rotator cuff repair on my left shoulder in March of 2021. I can't believe what a difference it's made. Shoulders are like new! Dr. Namdari is professional and patient. And, if the current "like new" condition of my shoulders is any indication, an excellent surgeon! However, after two successful shoulder surgeries, I would warn anyone who is considering rotator cuff surgery to understand that there is a 6-month period of recovery (including a few months where you have little to no use of the operative arm) and that following the directions given to you and getting quality physical therapy to aid in your recovery is key to having a successful recovery.
First one went to well, I had the other one done, – Aug 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
It was my 7 month post Op visit and Doc said I was way ahead of schedule . That my shoulder looked great in the X-ray .
Sean Henderson – Aug 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
Dr namdari is a fantastic Orthopedic surgeon. He has been treating me for a shoulder issue . He is very knowledgeable and listens to me whe I want future information. I would highly recommend him if you have shoulder issues.
Gavin Hanlon – Jul 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
Dr. Namdari and his team are awesome. This was my 2nd surgery with Dr. Namdari, both were smooth and exactly what he told me they would be. Not one complaint, he is down to earth and easy to talk to. Dr. Namdari or his nurse Stephanie are always available for questions or concerns. I cannot recommend him enough, he’s the best.
Craig C. – Jul 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
Great for right shoulder surgery. A few years later I am back hoping to save my left from a similar fate!
Jul 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
I didn't mention the procedure in my latest review on 6/20/2021. I had a Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty
frankiel – Jun 20, 2021
Timely and through.
Jun 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
Dr. Namdari operated on my shoulder last month. My surgery went well and I am on the road to full recovery. He made what was one of the worst experiences of my life, tolerable and I felt supported throughout the process - from initial consult to post-op appointments. He took time to answer all my questions and explain things in terms I could easily understand. I’m grateful I found Dr. Namdari and I look forward to getting back to the activities I love.
May 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
I am a firefighter with a few years left until I want to retire, on my terms. 3 yrs ago(July 2018) I went to another shoulder specialist for my left shoulder. I was told bad arthritis(a given) & bone on my glenoid missing. Then given one choice, a full replacement and I had to retire. 2nd opinion; I went to Dr. Namdari because he was shown as a bone loss specialist. He gave me a few options, and explained the pros and cons of each. No bone loss, glenoid was not in a normal position(from birth), hence my slip shoulders all my life. From the first phone call till today, after my left total shoulder replacement up until today, my right shoulder replacement, everyone through out the process have been awesome! Could not be happier with the results! Still healing the right, but able to go back and finish my career doing the job I love! Personal opinion; he's a surgeon, you come to him knowing it's not just an ouchy or sprain, that ice and some physical therapy will take care of!
Ron H. – May 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
Dr. Namdari is a ROCK STAR in a world full of cover bands! He was so kind and patient and did such a great job with my care....that I told my wife I'm tempted to injure my other shoulder just so he can fix it! I hate surgery and I hate doctors but my procedure was absolutely necessary and clearly I selected the right man for the job! Thanks Doc!
Frankie – May 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
I recommended Dr. Namdari to my friend who was having severe shoulder pain and repeated shoulder dislocations. She had a wonderful experience with Dr. Namdari who performed surgery on her shoulder. She was extremely nervous about having surgery and Dr. Namdari was very patient with her, explaining everything in detail and making sure she understood everything about surgery and therapy. Another outstanding experience with Dr. Namdari who I highly recommend!.
DBrad – May 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?
Dr. Namdari has an excellent bedside manner and is a very skilled surgeon. Before I met him I was in chronic pain. Even after my first consultation, I felt at ease that I was in the best hands. My surgery was successful and my recovery quick. I would recommend Dr. Namdari to anyone seeking an experienced, professional, and caring orthopedic surgeon.
May 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Surena Namdari, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Namdari?

Dr. Namdari is a board certified shoulder and elbow surgeon and an associate professor of orthopaedic surgery at Thomas Jefferson University. He completed...Read more

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery