Dr. Sunita Tikku, MD

Dr. Sunita Tikku, MD

PsychiatryFemaleAge 63

Psychiatry

Dr. Sunita Tikku, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Orange City, FL. She is affiliated with Adventhealth Fish Memorial. Her office accepts new patients.

AdventHealth Medical Group Psychiatry at Orange City

Florida Memorial Health Network,1061 Medical Center Dr Ste 205 Orange City, FL 32763

Dr. Tikku's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tikku

2.8

I was referred by my primary care because of anxiety, insomnia, and panic attacks due to grieving loss of a pet companion over 10 years. All they did was give me medication for schizophrenia, which I specifically don’t have. I needed something to help me with my anxiety did not take the time out to even listen just quickly gave two meds for schizophrenia and bipolar never again. I also called back to discuss with them about the two medication‘s that were given and I was told that since I didn’t want to take the medication, I should go somewhere else talk about not professional. Especially when you’re going through such anxiety and depression.
  • I didn't feel respected
Apr 28, 2023
We're sorry to hear about your experience with us...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunita Tikku, MD?
She does NOT take the time to talk to u about ur troubles. Just throws meds @ u n that's her solution for everything.
Sep 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunita Tikku, MD?
My wife suffers from migraines and recently had chest surgery. She had an appointment with this Doctor which she actually had to wait almost 2 months to see her. On the day of the appointment my wife was in a lot of pain from her recent surgery and on top of that it was storming really bad and roads were flooding. I Called and left a message advising the office of her condition and about the roads and said she would call and remake her appointment later in the day when someone was in the office to answer the phone. When she called she was told the doctor would not make another appointment for her. Because she missed her appointment she refused to see her. I guess you are supposed to make it to your appointments even if it puts you life in danger. And the office staff was very rude about it. I don't believe this is very good practice for a Doctor especially a psychiatrist. After reading other reviews on here I'm glad she wasn't able to make it to the appointment.
D Allen – Nov 11, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to share this...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunita Tikku, MD?
My brother who has a history of concerning mental illness and made the unfortunate choice of attempting suicide. He was admitted to Orange City Advent health and was under observation and was supposed to be transferred to Halifax to receive the mental care he desperately needed. Dr. Tikku decided to release him with out medication into the care of Mother. Who is no place to assist him at all, during discharge he became aggressive and violent but was still released back home.... This is a failure in the medical system and shows true on why so many mentally unhealthy patients end up arrested. Shame on you Dr Tikku.
Sep 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunita Tikku, MD?
I always felt worse after I saw her. She is degrading, puts you on antipsychotics and refuses to give you a diagnosis. She keeps terrible notes and needs to constantly be reminded of things. She shows no compassion. My mom recently requested a Clinical Summary for my SSDI case and instead, she sent me a letter, lied, and stated she is dropping me due to "undue demands of treatment by family". My psychologist had no problem preparing a Clinical Summary. I do understand why this Dr. would not or could not prepare one. She barely writes notes. Even the Administrative Law Judge at my hearing commented on how poor her notes were. I am so happy I do not have to go to her anymore.
Jul 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunita Tikku, MD?
Writing this review for my brother, who isn't really in a place to write a review, especially after seeing this "doctor". After one visit, he feels worse than he did before he went. He is dealing with grief and loss, specifically the death of his son, and this "doctor" asked how long ago he lost his son, he said a year and a half ago, she nastily said, "THAT long ago?" as if to say it's been plenty of time. Are you kidding me? She told him there is "something wrong with his brain". She prescribed 2 very strong anti-psychotic medications after speaking to him for a very brief period of time. I am a Registered Nurse and I am horrified at the way this "doctor" treated my brother. I will be in touch with Advent Administration about the terrible treatment, and will take it to social media to prevent someone else from feeling the way my brother does after seeing someone who was supposed to help him. She is the one who has something wrong with her brain. Disgusting.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Sharon Rodriguez – May 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunita Tikku, MD?
Does not have any empathy for patient, gets highly offended if you question her and its either her way or the highway!
Deltona, FL – Nov 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunita Tikku, MD?
I am glad to have a true Psych Dr who is concerned about well being and getting your medications in order to provide the best care for me. Her staff is amazing and kind. As hard as it is to find a clinician who is qualified to administer meds and stay stable, I am so glad to have a dedicated Dr near home. Thank you to you and your lovely staff.
Bella in Deland, FL – Aug 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunita Tikku, MD?
Dr. Sunita is very nice, very polite and more than professional. She helped me as a patient in all treatment stages. She is very respectful lady. All my words are not enough to describe her honestly with her patients. Halim Hanna 850-508-9944
Halim Hanna in Orlando, FL – Jul 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunita Tikku, MD?
Worse doctor ever!!! She thinks she knows everything and the second you disagree with her or have a question she immediately gets an attitude with you and doesn't want to listen to anything you have to say. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone not even my worst enemy. Not to mention they can't get you in for weeks to even be seen and you wait an hour for your appointment.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Orange City, FL – May 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunita Tikku, MD?
Dr. Tikku seems to understand your problem and will help get you back feeling better quickly.
Nancy in Deltona, FL – Jan 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunita Tikku, MD?
She listened to me then gave me Meds and then said come back in 3 months. How is she supposed to know if what she prescribed is working for me or not if I'm coming back in 3 months? I know it takes 4 to 6 weeks for the Meds to work but 3 months???? I went to another Dr but not in this area. They suck up here!!!!! No I would not recommend.
gman in Deltona, Florida – Mar 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunita Tikku, MD?
Dr Tikku was very compassionate, caring and attentive. She sincerely listened and I didn't feel rushed. She's very thorough and knowledgeable. I'm so thankful I found her.
Jan 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunita Tikku, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tikku?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Tikku's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Tikku's Top Procedures and Conditions

Chronic Depression (Dysthymia)

Dr. Tikku treats Chronic Depression (Dysthymia) more than 95% of her peers

Dr. Tikku treats this condition more than 95% of her peers

Mood Disorders (Dysthymia and Cyclothymia)

Dr. Tikku treats Mood Disorders (Dysthymia and Cyclothymia) more than 94% of her peers

Dr. Tikku treats this condition more than 94% of her peers

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)

Dr. Tikku performs Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) more than 84% of her peers

Dr. Tikku performs this procedure more than 84% of her peers

Dr. Tikku's conditions and procedures:

• Chronic Depression (Dysthymia)
  • Mood Disorders (Dysthymia and Cyclothymia)
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Search for your insurance carrier and choose your plan type

Dr. Sunita Tikku, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Orange City, FL. She is affiliated with Adventhealth Fish Memorial. Her office accepts new patients.

• Psychiatry