Dr. Sunita Gupta, MD

Dr. Gupta
Telehealth services available

SunitaGupta MDPC

370 Prospect Pl Alpharetta, GA 30005

Dr. Sunita Gupta, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Alpharetta, GA. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Gupta to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Gupta's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gupta's Top Procedures and Conditions

Anxiety

Dr. Gupta treats Anxiety more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Gupta treats this condition more than 100% of her peers

ADHD and-or ADD

Dr. Gupta treats ADHD and-or ADD more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Gupta treats this condition more than 100% of her peers

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)

Dr. Gupta performs Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) more than 99% of her peers

Dr. Gupta performs this procedure more than 99% of her peers

• Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Amphetamine or Related Acting Sympathomimetic Abuse
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Gupta accepts

Dr. Gupta accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter

Dr. Gupta's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gupta

3.0

Dr. Gupta
Extremely well versed in treatment options, well versed in understanding and ability to explain medications to me. And super easy to talk to. making me feel comfortable, at ease, and that I could finally work with a doctor. She helped me turn my life around and that says something. My ocd was debilitating. I couldn't function. , but I am finally working and my family continues to remind me of the difference they see in me. She has me on NAC and Amoxa
Namita Chandra – Sep 11, 2021
Dr. Gupta is a gem. Healthcare is different today than 20 years ago and I am lucky to have found her. I have been with different providers all of my life for ADD management and I can honestly say she is the most knowledgeable caring doctor and has been the best I have had. She is a psychiatrist and still takes time to discuss things shortly in our visits from a emotional standpoint in addition to my medication management. She is amazing and very professional. Her team is courteous and she gives you all of the respect during your appointment time with no interruptions. Your time with her is valuable to her as she knows how valuable time is. I recommend anyone who needs this level of specialized care to Dr. Gupta. I drive almost an hour to visit with her. I have never had a negative experience. 5 stars all around.
AAK – May 14, 2020
Dr Gupta has a nice office person, Susan is awesome! She's compassionate and informative. Dr Gupta is also very easy to talk with and my 20 year old daughter seems to like her.My daughter has OCD,ADD,Bipolar.Borderline and has mood swings.She also has lyme desase. Doctor is still working on a diagnosis,and my daughter is getting genetic test and psychological evaluation as well but we have only been there 2 times.Just a warning. Since its med management appointment I don't sit in with my daughter I do provide frequent feedback's using messaging system and notes for the doctor. Doctor and her staff are prompt in returning messages. My son is not able to see Dr Gupta due to her hours.She does not work Saturdays and closes at 2 pm.
Lelo N – Nov 10, 2019
I am beyond happy I found Dr. Gupta. She is an amazing listener and always provides the greatest advice. I feel so much better after our sessions. She helps me get to the root of whatever I’m going through and she allows me to step outside myself. I am grateful for the way Dr.Gupta has taught me to deal with certain issues, things I never thought I would overcome get easier everyday.
Merry – Oct 11, 2019
Dr Gupta is amazing! I was seeing her for 7 years and she changed me. I was this "always in a bad mood person" and would argue nonstop. My family and coworkers were tired of me. Not only did she truly care about my issues, she listened, explained my conditions, reviewed them with me in a manner in which I would understand. I was hurt when she made me understand it was" me not others creating my mood swings"
Emily Monia – Sep 25, 2019
Dr. Gupta is not only an amazing doctor, but a genuine person as well. I first came to Dr. Gupta about 15 years ago after looking for providers in the area, and at the suggestion of my therapist, I went to see psychiatrist reluctantly to see if they could help. Dr. Gupta took the time to listen to my problems and had a game plan that she believed would work with me and my current mental problems. That month the doctor changed my medications and she tried several medication combinations.She made the time for me to come in and take tests, and discuss aspects of my mental health so that I could get the best treatment possible. Checking in on me even on weekend when I had a crisis.The office staff is great too! Super kind and patient, as well as reminds you if need an appointment. Katie at this clinic is awesome and helpful. Beth is great and will get me in when I need to see Dr Gupta in a crisis.
Frenand A – Sep 10, 2019
I have been a patient of Dr. Gupta’s for a couple consecutive years, and had no issues until I had a lapse in insurance coverage. I had an appointment for a med review, for a medication she’d been prescribing me for 2yrs (again- being a patient of 2-3yrs), and I wasn’t seen because I wasn’t able to cover the office visit. Fair enough, but I needed a refill on my Rx (the one that I’d been on for at least 2yrs), and she would only authorize a refill for 1/2 month. I wasn’t able to get my meds afterwards, because I couldn’t pay for an office visit, and she wouldn’t prescribe them. I’m not referring to a controlled substance. Just regular antidepressants. Fast forward almost a year later, when I have insurance; I contacted her office for an appointment, and was advised that I had to go online to complete documentation to determine whether she would take me as a patient. Her primary concern is her copay, not the well-being of her patients. I’m so disgusted by and frustrated with her.
L. Moore – Aug 07, 2019
I suffered so severely under her 'care' for years. The happiest day of my entire life was when I weened myself off the medications she had me on. After several years of seeing her, I just out of the blue stopped seeing her and she never called to check up on me. I'm pretty sure you have a legal and ethical duty to follow up on your patients. She does not care about her patients well-being. Please avoid her if you honestly need someone to listen to you. She just wants you to come in, get your pre
Feb 28, 2019
The pills she had me on made me worse and instead of listening to me she kept telling me it was me. She just kept upping the dosage. Ever time I tried to talk about something that was bothering me, she would just try to shut me up as quickly as possible. She tries to pack as many people as she can in her waiting room and then she doesn't have the appropriate amount of time for her patients. Any other doctor will be a vastly better choice.
Feb 28, 2019
Very smart doctor that is very caring and quick to the point. Is not awkward or judgemental about problems. Can communicate very well. Very understanding and appointment scheduling is easy. Has been a doctor for over 20 years and is up to date with new conditions and social media effects on body as well. Saved my life.
Alpharetta, GA – Dec 16, 2018
Believe the bad reviews.
Nov 12, 2018
Her inability to care for her patients has left me traumatized. I have lost so much because of her. She prescribed me medications that DESTROYED me mentally and physically. She watched me deteriorate over several years and I honestly think she enjoyed it. She does not belong in a field caring for others mental well-being.
Sep 28, 2018
I suffered severe side effects for years under her care. Everything got drastically better when I stopped seeing her as a patient.
May 28, 2018
She doesn't listen and she doesn't care about her patients well-being. Please do not go to her if you need help. I had been a patient of hers for several years. I suffered severe side effects that nearly drove me insane. The happiest moment in my entire life was when I stopped seeing her and weened myself off the medications. The withdrawal symptoms were terrible but within a couple weeks of being completely off the medications, I felt alive again. I broke down crying from happiness for the firs
May 27, 2018
I was very happy w/ the treatment I received from Dr. Gupta, however she was routinely 30-60 mins late for all appointments. When I explained that I was coming during my lunch and the situation affected my work schedule & inquired about calling 10 mins before my scheduled time to see how far behind the schedule was looking, so I could remain at work & not leave until she was realistically able to see me, I was asked to leave the practice as well. Unbelievable disrespect for other people's time
EC in Cumming, GA – Mar 01, 2018
I was a patient of Dr Gupta's for over three years with no problems. I actually looked forward to my appointments with her. At my last appt she was running over an hour late and so I became frustrated because I had taken the time off of work for the appt. At the end of my appointment she said she could no longer treat me. I guess her business is doing fine to be able to kick out patients every time they got upset with her when she is running over an hour behind schedule.
Atlanta, GA – Aug 29, 2017
This a very good doctor!! I am the wife of a bi-polar patient, and I have visited with my husband many times. She is very insightful, responsive, listens but does not let the patient dictate his own prescription like others have in the past (ended in hospital) . She is considers the impact of his illness on the whole family and is not intimidated. She does what is best for the patient and family based on her experience which is what we want. I would definitely recommend her, hands down!
Wife in Suwanee, GA – Aug 19, 2017
She has shown me effective treatment in dealing with the issues I brought to her office. She helped me get on the right medication and addressed the pros and cons of them. Very efficient and helpful treatments.
James in Roswell, GA – Jul 10, 2017
I have been seeing Dr. Gupta for long time, very reliable, listens and helps you work through issues, I would highly recommend her,She is Amazing psychiatrist who actually makes you want to talk to her and open up, without feeling awkward about sharing your problems or concerns. Not only did I look forward to my sessions, but I walked away from each of them as a better person and more comfortable with the situations that I was dealing with. I happily recommend Dr Gupta without any hesitation wha
Davis Kayla in United states – Apr 22, 2017
Due to a disagreement of a $50 bill owed less than a month, Dr Gupta office would not make an apt for me. This doctor does not care about your mental well being. I went to my endocrinologist who could clearly see I was having an emotional breakdown. Dr Gupta, you should be ashamed of yourself and stop calling yourself a doctor. Patient care should be number 1, its not like i owed you thousands of dollars I am allowed to disagree on my bill when I know its not correct.
n/a in Jonesboro, GA – Apr 04, 2017
We are sorry for your experience and encourage...Read More

How was your experience with Dr. Gupta?

Dr Sunita Gupta  has practiced psychiatry in Georgia since 2000

As a general psychiatrist she treats adults . She specializes in psychiatric...

Dr. Gupta  is board-certified by American Board of psychiatry and neurology . She maintains her CME  continuing medical education and MOC  maintenance...Read more

• Psychiatry
  • Eating Disorders
  • Emergency Psychiatry
  • Pediatric Psychiatry
  • Telepsychiatry

Va Commonwealth University Mcv School Med
1994
Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine

• Hindi