Psychiatry  |
Dr. Sunita Gupta, MD
Dr. Gupta is board-certified by American Board of psychiatry and neurology . She maintains her CME continuing medical education and MOC maintenance of certification Stringent requirements.She has worked at Medical college of virginia ,Va Hospital and Community Health Services in Richmond .She has worked as a Psychiatrist for ACT team in Richmond .She has worked in correctional settings and at Behavioral health services in past .

SunitaGupta MDPC

370 Prospect Pl

Alpharetta, GA 30005

• Ambetter
  • Value Options

Learn about Dr. Gupta

Dr Sunita Gupta  has practiced psychiatry in Georgia since 2000

As a general psychiatrist she treats adults . She specializes in psychiatric evaluation and  Medication management for conditions including depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, psychosis, attention deficit disorder, eating disorders, insomnia panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and OCD

Her warm and compassionate approach sets patients at ease and helps them on taking constructive steps towards improving symptoms. Her extensive training experience also helps patients to navigate through the symptoms and challenges

Pharmacology is often used in conjunction with a healthy psychotherapy plan. Pharmacology is a branch of medicine and biology that is concerned with the use of medication to exert particular psychological effects  .Dr Gupta specializes in using pharmacology for patient's where there is evidence that this avenue of treatment will deliver results

Dr. Gupta's Experience

Dr. Gupta's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry

Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• ADHD Testing
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Maharaine Laxmi Bai
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1986
  • Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal, Barkatulla Vishwavidyalaya
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Va Commonwealth University Mcv School Med

Dr. Gupta has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Urdu

Dr. Gupta does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gupta and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gupta's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gupta to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Gupta's Performance
Atlanta, GA |
I was a patient of Dr Gupta's for over three years with no problems. I actually looked forward to my appointments with her. At my last appt she was running over an hour late and so I became frustrated because I had taken the time off of work for the appt. At the end of my appointment she said she could no longer treat me. I guess her business is doing fine to be able to kick out patients every time they got upset with her when she is running over an hour behind schedule.
in Suwanee, GA |
This a very good doctor!! I am the wife of a bi-polar patient, and I have visited with my husband many times. She is very insightful, responsive, listens but does not let the patient dictate his own prescription like others have in the past (ended in hospital) . She is considers the impact of his illness on the whole family and is not intimidated. She does what is best for the patient and family based on her experience which is what we want. I would definitely recommend her, hands down!
in Roswell, GA |
She has shown me effective treatment in dealing with the issues I brought to her office. She helped me get on the right medication and addressed the pros and cons of them. Very efficient and helpful treatments.
in United states |
I have been seeing Dr. Gupta for long time, very reliable, listens and helps you work through issues, I would highly recommend her,She is Amazing psychiatrist who actually makes you want to talk to her and open up, without feeling awkward about sharing your problems or concerns. Not only did I look forward to my sessions, but I walked away from each of them as a better person and more comfortable with the situations that I was dealing with. I happily recommend Dr Gupta without any hesitation wha
in Jonesboro, GA |
Due to a disagreement of a $50 bill owed less than a month, Dr Gupta office would not make an apt for me. This doctor does not care about your mental well being. I went to my endocrinologist who could clearly see I was having an emotional breakdown. Dr Gupta, you should be ashamed of yourself and stop calling yourself a doctor. Patient care should be number 1, its not like i owed you thousands of dollars I am allowed to disagree on my bill when I know its not correct.
We are sorry for your experience and encourage you to seek help if having a breakdown.Frequent no shows and refusal to pay no show fees results in referral to different providers and termination from the practice.No show fees is waived for emergency but cannot be waived if there are frequent no shows. No show fees is charged before making an appointment with frequent no shows .
Phoenix, AZ |
Highly recommended Doctor. I went to her on a recommendation from another therapist DR Julie Thomley and my primary care doc Tanya Pandya and couldn't be happier that I chose her . She really knows her stuff and is recognized as one of the best psychiatrist in the area Doesn't accept my insurance...but worth it! I referred my brother in law to her for treatment My brother in law was not able to see her as he was using drugs and wanted ADHD meds He was really pissed off with her for refusing to
Thanks for the feedback.
Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Gupta is awesome. She listens to my concerns about medications and evaluates and reevaluates correct dosages and combinations so that I can be normal and functional. She always asks how things are going and is very friendly and easy to talk to. Office have plenty of magazines and is clean . The location is very nice and the receptionists are wonderful.
Thanks for the feedback
Alpharetta, GA |
Office has policies that are non patient centric including fees for late appointment and for non payment of fees. There were many other policies that are imposed on the patient / customer. As the customer - I took my business to another clinic.
We are sorry you had a bad experience .Noshow policy is in the new patient paperwork and appointments which are not cancelled in 24 hrs are subjected to No show fees .First Noshow is usually waived .But if Noshows continue to happen then Noshow is charged before appointments are made .We are glad that you were able to find another provider and wish you well .
Have you seen Dr. Sunita Gupta, MD?

Visit Dr. Gupta