Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD

General Surgery ·  Male · Age 53

Dr. Sharma

New Life Surgical Associates

4253 Salisbury Rd Jacksonville, FL 32216

Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD is a general surgery specialist in Jacksonville, FL and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from MGM Med Coll-MY Hosp in 1989 and specializes in general surgery, bariatric surgery, and more.

Dr. Sharma accepts

Dr. Sharma accepts the following insurance:

Aenta HealthFund CDHP and Value Plan Most of Idaho Basic
Blue Care Network
Blue Care Network Advantage
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Coventry Health Care
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Prime
Standard
TriCare for Life
Tricare HMO

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Sharma's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Abdominal Hernia
  • Adjustable Gastric Banding
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendicitis
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Inguinal Hernia
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Colectomy
  • Tumor
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Ventral Hernia

Our practice strives to provide care to each patient with utmost respect, honesty and dignity. We allow each patient to retain their own individuality and voice, concerning their treatment program. We work with the patient to assist in meeting their ...

• General Surgery

1995
1989
1983

• Hindi

• The Sills Award – To the surgical resident who has distinguished himself or herself as a teacher to the fellow resident and students, 2002
  • Obesity society of India – Honorary membership and special recognition for contribution to the field of bariatric surgery, 2011
  • SLS Outstanding Laparoendoscopic Resident Award – Nominated to SLS for 2001 – 2002.,
  • The Sills Award – To the surgical resident who has distinguished himself or herself as a teacher to the fellow resident and students, 2001
  • American College of Surgeons award for best clinical paper, 2001

Dr. Sharma's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sharma

4.477611940298507%

Dr. Sharma?
Dr. Sharma's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Excellent physician and staff! After consulting with another surgeon, I was convinced I needed another opinion. I found Dr. Sharma by reviewing reviews of experts in my area. I’m so glad I took the time to find him. I had a hernia repair and my gallbladder removed. Which Dr. Sharma removed using the DaVinicci robot. I now know this was much better than the other surgical options presented to me. He really is a skillful surgeon and my GERD that I had suffered with for years was gone after surgery. He drastically improved the quality of life for me. You want the best of the best working on your body. Go to Dr. Sharma and you will not be disappointed. Thank you Dr. Sharma and your amazing staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
My name is Debra Skinner and I started my journey with Dr Sharma 7 months ago. I had a billiary diversion surgery as well as a Large hernia repair in December. I have lost a total of 35 pounds. Dr. Sharma is also treating me for hormone replacement therapy which has been a life changer. Dr. Sharma and his staff are AMAZING! Dr. Sharma's confidence made me feel like I was In the best hands I could possibly be in. His staff members, Tami, Christina, and Paulette have made everything so easy! These 3 ladies are a true asset to Dr. Sharma. I appreciate all they have done for me! This has not only given me my life back, but has made my family much stronger. I cannot say enough good about Dr. Sharma. He is an amazing physician and just an all around great guy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
My name is Melinda Santos and I started my journey with Dr Sharma about 6 months ago. I had my sleeve surgery 11 days ago and it went great! Down 14 lbs!! Dr. Sharma and his staff was AMAZING through the whole process! Dr. Sharma's confidence made me feel like I was In the best hands I could possibly be in. His staff members, Tami, Christina, and Paulette made everything so easy! These 3 ladies are a true asset to Dr. Sharma. I appreciate all they have done for me! I love all of them!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
r New Life Surgical Associates. They care. They are truly for their patients' health. I'm so thankful for Dr. Sharma and his staff (Tami, Paula, Cristina) and the way they care for their patients. He's very direct and for me, it's what I needed to ensure my surgery was a success. If you're considering bettering your health, please truly consider New Life Surgical Associates. They care. They are truly for their patients' health. About Dr. Sharma himself, he is very thorough, which, to me, is critical for what he does. He is knowledgeable and takes his time in ensuring the best possible route for his patients. I'm thankful he cares for his patients to be so thorough. The lives of his patients depend on it. So thank you Dr. Sharma!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Sharma, to help me with my GERD and to also help me with my weight lost issues I was having. I started my journey back in February where I started with protein shakes, and other healthy foods. Then I did the whole program in 3 months lost the weight I needed too to have the weight loss surgery I needed, Dr. Sharma also helped me with my GERD which I found out I had a hiatal hernia. Which Dr. Sharma also repaired and took care of for me. I am very glad I was able to see him and his wonderful staff. I would recommend Dr. Sharma for any bariatric surgery you are considering having done!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Sharma to my family and friends. He is an excellent doctor. Scheduling of appointments is very easy. His office environment is very clean and comfortable and his staff is right on point. I have complete trust in him. I always have questions and he answers them well so that I understand. He is not in a rush when seeing me which I like very much. My sleeve surgery was a huge success and I would do it again. On top of everything else, Dr.Sharma is a nice person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
When I first started this process I had diabetes, Hypothyroidism and PCOS. I had six miscarriages and three severely hard pregnancies. I couldn't run with my children or even play with them without being out of breath. Over ten years I had gained 100 pounds and on a 5 foot frame it's hard on the body. I started at 280 lbs. I now am on year out from my surgery and now weigh 181 lbs. Health is perfect. NO diabetes, thyroid is normal and am healthy. This surgery saved my life and my family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
I had a robotic Gastric Sleeve with Dr. Sharma and I could not be happier with the results. Dr. Sharma took the time to listen to my questions and concerns and he answered them thoroughly. I have not have any complications whatsoever and I have been able to stay on track with my weight loss using his program. He and his staff are incredible and I would recommend them to anyone. This has been a wonderful experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr. Sharma is a great bariatric surgery my wife had her five-month follow up appointment with him today and he is still as nice as he was the day we met him off so he offered my wife one free treatment of the laser skin tightn dr. Sharma is a great bariatric surgeon my wife had her five month follow-up appointment with him today and he is still as nice as he was the day we met him also he offered my wife one free treatment of laser skin tightng . Great surgeon over all would highly recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
I am very pleased with Dr. Sharma and his team. They’ve helped me through the Bariatric surgery to the point where I’m very happy with the outcome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
I was very please of the service I received from Dr. Sharma and his staff . I would recommend him to my friends and family . I also like how Dr. Sharma can help me with weight loss and hernia's .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr Sharma has been my doctor since 2010. I only want Dr Sharma for any and all my surgeries. He knows my body and he is honest with me. He a doctor that listens to you. Sherry Harper
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Wonderful experience with Dr. Sharma. He’s very personable and knowledgeable and made the entire experience a breeze. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Their has been something wrong with me ever since I had my gastric bypass surgery in 2005. I have been to several doctors and even had my gall bladder removed by one doctor. Dr. Sharma on the very first visit was able to diagnose and show me on an x-ray what I have been going through for 13 years. I believe that I have found the Dr. that really knows what is going on with me and he explained it all to me in terms that a layman can understand.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr Sharma and his staff are top notch. They are very caring and work very hard to meet your needs. Dr Sharma did 2 surgeries for me and I always felt well cared for. I would highly recommend him and his staff! I am very grateful to have had such a GREAT surgeon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr Sharma saved my life. He performed surgery to resection my colon for acute Diverticulitis. When openining me up I was a mess...I had over 10 mini perforations and my colon adhered to most of my internal organs. Instead of putting a colon bag and cutting me wide open, he worked on me slowly throughout the day. Every Dr I spoke to afterwards told me they would have opened me up. I healed quickly and was back to normal in 9 days. 1 year later I am in the best shape of my life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Very personable and such an awesome Surgeon. He gave me back my life for sure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
After Schirmer has a unique combination in my experience at least of compassion knowledge ability and tact. He will work through any issues you have related to bariatric surgery or other may be affecting your results of the surgery. I highly recommend especially to older people on Social Security and Medicare because this is really a lifesaver for those of us over 65 who have had problems with obesity for many years and now might have problems with diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, and other.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Sharma to my family and friends. I have complete trust in Dr. Sharma; his surgical skills, his effective communication skills and his care and compassion for the patient make him the only surgeon I will use.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr. Sharma and his staff are very good. They exceed the gold standard of Patient Care. I am so glad that I found him to do my surgery. I could not have asked for a better Healthcare team. He is very easy to talk to and very knowledgeable. I would recommend anyone to him.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Sharma?

New Life Surgical Associates