Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD

General SurgeryMaleAge 55

Dr. Sharma

New Life Surgical Associates

4253 Salisbury Rd Jacksonville, FL 32216

Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Jacksonville, FL. He is affiliated with medical facilities Ascension St. Vincent's Southside Hospital and Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sharma to book an appointment.

Compare with other General Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Sharma with our nearby General Surgery Specialists at Memorial Hospital Jacksonville.

Make an appointment at Memorial Hospital Jacksonville today at (904) 643-6038.

These providers are on the medical staff of Memorial Hospital Jacksonville.

Dr. Sharma's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sharma

1.2048192771084338%
1.2048192771084338%

Dr. Sharma?
  • Office environment (73)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (73)
  • Staff friendliness (72)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (4)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (4)
Dr. Sharma is the best doctor I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. He cares more about my health than any doctor I have dealt with in the past 25 years. For the first time in my life I have gotten the treatment and care I needed. Dr. Sharma is a surgeon and I was referred to him for one surgery and it went outstanding. I asked him to do my next two surgeries. During this time he not only took care of my surgical needs, but he addressed other medical conditions I have and is working on those as well. He is a good person that doesn't focus on making money from you, but of taking care of you as an individual. He takes complete time to speak to you as a person and never rushes out to see another patient. His personal approach and family environment makes you feel at ease and comfortable. He has provided me more care than any of my PCMs ever have. If you are considering any type of surgery this should be your surgeon. He has decades of experience!!
A. Martinez – Nov 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr. Sharma is highly skilled & incredibly kind. He repaired a hiatal hernia that had caused me much discomfort for several years. He listened attentively to my concerns & addressed each one thoroughly. His staff is pleasant & very kind and very helpful. I am thrilled to have come from Atlanta to have my surgery performed by Dr. Sharma. He is unusually competent and especially kind.
Melanie B – Nov 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr. Sharma is a Godsend. I honestly believe he has saved my life. I was suffering from debilitating GERD and could barely eat or sleep. My weight had plummeted drastically to the point where I was skin and bones. My gastroenterologist kept telling me to take Pepsid but did nothing to address the root issue, which was a hiatal hernia. After several endoscopy sessions confirming the presence of a hernia he chose to just monitor the situation. I only wish I had found Dr. Sharma sooner. He took the time to listen to my symptoms, order the right tests and personally did my endoscopy. He discovered my hernia was much larger than my gastro initially relayed and I was scheduled for surgery soon after. His skill as a robotic surgeon is unparalleled. I did not have to take any pain meds post op at all and the incisions healed extremely well. What a blessing not to have any complications, something that speaks to Dr. Sharma's level of competence and experience. I am truly thankful and will be for
Stephanie Tam – Oct 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr. Sharma did a weight loss surgery for me in June 2020. The surgery went great, his work staff are great and I have lost over 50lbs in the past 3 months. He has a great practice and I would Highly suggest him and his coworkers.
Sep 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr. Sharma and his staff were fantastic throughout my entire surgery experience. From day 1, everyone I interacted with was friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. They have years of experience dealing with different types of insurance and they ensured that I had everything I needed to be approved. The entire process, from the initial appointments, monitored weight loss, all the way through to post-op care went smoothly thanks to Dr. Sharma's staff. Dr. Sharma himself is personable and makes you feel like you're in good hands along the way, but he's also honest and straightforward. He let me know from Day 1 that surgery is no magic solution, that I would have to work hard and make good decisions. Dr. Sharma and his staff truly did give me a New Life!
Elizabeth S – Jul 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
I had open gastric bypass in 2010 with a different surgeon. I had severe pain and vomiting everytime I ate anything. Dr Sharma did a gastric bypass revision 11/2019. It really well. I had a feeding tube put in to aid in nutrition/meds. I had some complications with the feeding tube after I was discharged. I was admitted again and Dr Sharma went right in to fix the problem. He was wonderful with my wife and mom. He checked on me every single day, sometimes up to 5 times a day the entire time I was in the hospital. He called my nurses every couple hours to check my status. I owe so much to him. Now I'm able to eat without pain or vomiting and I've gained weight and muscle. I feel sturdier than I have in years. He saved my life. Not only is he extremely diligent in his duties as a surgeon, but he's also so very sweet and funny. I love seeing him and although I'm glad to be out of the hospital, I miss seeing him everyday. He's an extraordinary person.
Mary – Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr. Sharma is an excellent doctor and takes the time to answer all questions. He really makes you feel comfortable about such a life-changing decision and gives you all the resources to help you succeed pre and post surgery. I highly recommend him to anyone considering bariatric surgery.
Feb 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr. Sharma is a highly skilled, brilliant robotics surgeon, who knows what he is doing. The staff and nurses at New Life Bariatric Surgical Associates are awesome, very helpful, and encouraging through my weight loss journey. I am thoroughly impressed with the professionalism of the entire office. Doctor Sharma repaired my hiatal hernia and performed a Sleeve Gastrectomy. As I write this review, I am post-operative going on three weeks, healing nicely, and I am very happy with the results I am already seeing. My recommendation to anyone considering weight loss surgery is to listen carefully to Dr. Sharma’s advice, remain flexible, positive, and do your part in the weight loss process.
JF – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr. Sharma is awesome! He is very helpful and does a great job explaining different bariatric procedures. He sat down and took a lot of time to explain different options with me. I would recommend him to anyone!
Sara Wilson – Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr. Sharma is a great doctor. I had bariatric surgery without complications. I have recommended several friends. His office staff is hands on for your every need.
Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Best descion of my life by coming to Dr. Sharma. No complications and still losing a year later. Knowledgeable and helpful.
Krystal H. – Jan 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr Sharma is the best, patient well-being is number one to him . staff very friendly So glad we found him
Kelly Alexander – Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
After extensive research and several recommendations I called Dr. Sharma's office to schedule a consultation for Bariatric surgery. The front office staff was very nice and got me in quickly. They have a beautiful office. Tammy, the office manager, was extremely knowledgeable and made me feel very at ease. Dr. Sharma was amazing, he took all the time I needed to answer my long list of questions and made sure I was fit to have the best outcome with my surgery. I had surgery on August 26th and to date have lost 58 lbs, This surgery saved my life, it is the best decision I've ever made. It's a huge commitment and a life long decision. I highly recommend Dr. Sharma and his entire staff at New Life Surgery Center!!!
Jeana Lawrence – Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Excellent doctor. If you are looking for a surgeon who is kind, smart, and very skilled, Dr. Sharma is your man!
Sam Oliver – Nov 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr Sharma repaired my 3 Hernia’s, I was totally amazed how quick the surgery and recovery were. Dr Sharma and his staff were so helpful with the entire procedure. I had the surgery at 7:30 am and was home at 2:30 pm the same day. I would highly recommend Dr Sharma and will use him for any future needs.
Mary Knoche in JACKSONVILLE, FL – Nov 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr. Sharma IS the one of those doctor's/ surgeons that you so desperately hope and pral" and send you a massive bill. If you've been put through the ringer and are still in misery you come across. He's that 1 in 100 that will NOT play "sloppy, quick protocoy and limbo, you can stop looking for a doctor who is educated, caring, and thorough enough to get to the bottom of what is causing your issues! If your looking for a second opinion, GO TO HIM!!!! If you haven't gotten an opinion or help yet, don't waste your time. GO TO HIM!!! He is not "fluffy" while rattling off "possibilities". He listens. His expertise allows him to be straight forward in making the right call as to what the next step is. His staff is AMAZING and waste NO time getting tests and "IF NECESSARY", surgeries scheduled in an expedient manner. Dr. Sharma is TOP OF THE LINE and works MIRACLES!!!
Nov 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
I have been with Dr. Sharma since May of 2018. He performed the sleeve. The surgery was a great success. I have lost almost 100 pounds. He also removed my gall bladder 10 months ago also with great success. I consider him my doctor now and will not go anywhere else for surgery. He is one of the best doctors that I have ever had. He explains everything well and answers all of my questions. He is kind and considerate as well as his office staff. I am so grateful that I him for a doctor.
Joann M. Gray – Sep 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Excellent physician and staff! After consulting with another surgeon, I was convinced I needed another opinion. I found Dr. Sharma by reviewing reviews of experts in my area. I’m so glad I took the time to find him. I had a hernia repair and my gallbladder removed. Which Dr. Sharma removed using the DaVinicci robot. I now know this was much better than the other surgical options presented to me. He really is a skillful surgeon and my GERD that I had suffered with for years was gone after surgery. He drastically improved the quality of life for me. You want the best of the best working on your body. Go to Dr. Sharma and you will not be disappointed. Thank you Dr. Sharma and your amazing staff!
Lacey Chabot in Jacksonville , FL – Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
My name is Debra Skinner and I started my journey with Dr Sharma 7 months ago. I had a billiary diversion surgery as well as a Large hernia repair in December. I have lost a total of 35 pounds. Dr. Sharma is also treating me for hormone replacement therapy which has been a life changer. Dr. Sharma and his staff are AMAZING! Dr. Sharma's confidence made me feel like I was In the best hands I could possibly be in. His staff members, Tami, Christina, and Paulette have made everything so easy! These 3 ladies are a true asset to Dr. Sharma. I appreciate all they have done for me! This has not only given me my life back, but has made my family much stronger. I cannot say enough good about Dr. Sharma. He is an amazing physician and just an all around great guy.
May 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
My name is Melinda Santos and I started my journey with Dr Sharma about 6 months ago. I had my sleeve surgery 11 days ago and it went great! Down 14 lbs!! Dr. Sharma and his staff was AMAZING through the whole process! Dr. Sharma's confidence made me feel like I was In the best hands I could possibly be in. His staff members, Tami, Christina, and Paulette made everything so easy! These 3 ladies are a true asset to Dr. Sharma. I appreciate all they have done for me! I love all of them!!!!
May 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sharma?

Our practice strives to provide care to each patient with utmost respect, honesty and dignity. We allow each patient to retain their own individuality...Read more

• General Surgery
  • Bariatric Surgery
  • Robotic Surgery
  • Vascular Surgery

• Hindi

• Obesity society of India – Honorary membership and special recognition for contribution to the field of bariatric surgery, 2011
  • American College of Surgeons award for best clinical paper, 2001
  • SLS Outstanding Laparoendoscopic Resident Award – Nominated to SLS for 2001 – 2002.,
  • The Sills Award – To the surgical resident who has distinguished himself or herself as a teacher to the fellow resident and students, 2002
  • The Sills Award – To the surgical resident who has distinguished himself or herself as a teacher to the fellow resident and students, 2001