Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD

General Surgery •  Male • Age 54

Dr. Sharma

New Life Surgical Associates

4253 Salisbury Rd Jacksonville, FL 32216

Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD is a general surgery specialist in Jacksonville, FL. He specializes in general surgery, bariatric surgery, and more.

Dr. Sharma's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sharma

1.2820512820512822%
1.2820512820512822%

Dr. Sharma?
Dr. Sharma's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD
I had open gastric bypass in 2010 with a different surgeon. I had severe pain and vomiting everytime I ate anything. Dr Sharma did a gastric bypass revision 11/2019. It really well. I had a feeding tube put in to aid in nutrition/meds. I had some complications with the feeding tube after I was discharged. I was admitted again and Dr Sharma went right in to fix the problem. He was wonderful with my wife and mom. He checked on me every single day, sometimes up to 5 times a day the entire time I was in the hospital. He called my nurses every couple hours to check my status. I owe so much to him. Now I'm able to eat without pain or vomiting and I've gained weight and muscle. I feel sturdier than I have in years. He saved my life. Not only is he extremely diligent in his duties as a surgeon, but he's also so very sweet and funny. I love seeing him and although I'm glad to be out of the hospital, I miss seeing him everyday. He's an extraordinary person.
Mary – Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr. Sharma is an excellent doctor and takes the time to answer all questions. He really makes you feel comfortable about such a life-changing decision and gives you all the resources to help you succeed pre and post surgery. I highly recommend him to anyone considering bariatric surgery.
Feb 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr. Sharma is a highly skilled, brilliant robotics surgeon, who knows what he is doing. The staff and nurses at New Life Bariatric Surgical Associates are awesome, very helpful, and encouraging through my weight loss journey. I am thoroughly impressed with the professionalism of the entire office. Doctor Sharma repaired my hiatal hernia and performed a Sleeve Gastrectomy. As I write this review, I am post-operative going on three weeks, healing nicely, and I am very happy with the results I am already seeing. My recommendation to anyone considering weight loss surgery is to listen carefully to Dr. Sharma’s advice, remain flexible, positive, and do your part in the weight loss process.
JF – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr. Sharma is awesome! He is very helpful and does a great job explaining different bariatric procedures. He sat down and took a lot of time to explain different options with me. I would recommend him to anyone!
Sara Wilson – Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr. Sharma is a great doctor. I had bariatric surgery without complications. I have recommended several friends. His office staff is hands on for your every need.
Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Best descion of my life by coming to Dr. Sharma. No complications and still losing a year later. Knowledgeable and helpful.
Krystal H. – Jan 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr Sharma is the best, patient well-being is number one to him . staff very friendly So glad we found him
Kelly Alexander – Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
After extensive research and several recommendations I called Dr. Sharma's office to schedule a consultation for Bariatric surgery. The front office staff was very nice and got me in quickly. They have a beautiful office. Tammy, the office manager, was extremely knowledgeable and made me feel very at ease. Dr. Sharma was amazing, he took all the time I needed to answer my long list of questions and made sure I was fit to have the best outcome with my surgery. I had surgery on August 26th and to date have lost 58 lbs, This surgery saved my life, it is the best decision I've ever made. It's a huge commitment and a life long decision. I highly recommend Dr. Sharma and his entire staff at New Life Surgery Center!!!
Jeana Lawrence – Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Excellent doctor. If you are looking for a surgeon who is kind, smart, and very skilled, Dr. Sharma is your man!
Sam Oliver – Nov 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr Sharma repaired my 3 Hernia’s, I was totally amazed how quick the surgery and recovery were. Dr Sharma and his staff were so helpful with the entire procedure. I had the surgery at 7:30 am and was home at 2:30 pm the same day. I would highly recommend Dr Sharma and will use him for any future needs.
Mary Knoche in JACKSONVILLE, FL – Nov 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr. Sharma IS the one of those doctor's/ surgeons that you so desperately hope and pral" and send you a massive bill. If you've been put through the ringer and are still in misery you come across. He's that 1 in 100 that will NOT play "sloppy, quick protocoy and limbo, you can stop looking for a doctor who is educated, caring, and thorough enough to get to the bottom of what is causing your issues! If your looking for a second opinion, GO TO HIM!!!! If you haven't gotten an opinion or help yet, don't waste your time. GO TO HIM!!! He is not "fluffy" while rattling off "possibilities". He listens. His expertise allows him to be straight forward in making the right call as to what the next step is. His staff is AMAZING and waste NO time getting tests and "IF NECESSARY", surgeries scheduled in an expedient manner. Dr. Sharma is TOP OF THE LINE and works MIRACLES!!!
Nov 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
I have been with Dr. Sharma since May of 2018. He performed the sleeve. The surgery was a great success. I have lost almost 100 pounds. He also removed my gall bladder 10 months ago also with great success. I consider him my doctor now and will not go anywhere else for surgery. He is one of the best doctors that I have ever had. He explains everything well and answers all of my questions. He is kind and considerate as well as his office staff. I am so grateful that I him for a doctor.
Joann M. Gray – Sep 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Excellent physician and staff! After consulting with another surgeon, I was convinced I needed another opinion. I found Dr. Sharma by reviewing reviews of experts in my area. I’m so glad I took the time to find him. I had a hernia repair and my gallbladder removed. Which Dr. Sharma removed using the DaVinicci robot. I now know this was much better than the other surgical options presented to me. He really is a skillful surgeon and my GERD that I had suffered with for years was gone after surgery. He drastically improved the quality of life for me. You want the best of the best working on your body. Go to Dr. Sharma and you will not be disappointed. Thank you Dr. Sharma and your amazing staff!
Lacey Chabot in Jacksonville , FL – Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
My name is Debra Skinner and I started my journey with Dr Sharma 7 months ago. I had a billiary diversion surgery as well as a Large hernia repair in December. I have lost a total of 35 pounds. Dr. Sharma is also treating me for hormone replacement therapy which has been a life changer. Dr. Sharma and his staff are AMAZING! Dr. Sharma's confidence made me feel like I was In the best hands I could possibly be in. His staff members, Tami, Christina, and Paulette have made everything so easy! These 3 ladies are a true asset to Dr. Sharma. I appreciate all they have done for me! This has not only given me my life back, but has made my family much stronger. I cannot say enough good about Dr. Sharma. He is an amazing physician and just an all around great guy.
May 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
My name is Melinda Santos and I started my journey with Dr Sharma about 6 months ago. I had my sleeve surgery 11 days ago and it went great! Down 14 lbs!! Dr. Sharma and his staff was AMAZING through the whole process! Dr. Sharma's confidence made me feel like I was In the best hands I could possibly be in. His staff members, Tami, Christina, and Paulette made everything so easy! These 3 ladies are a true asset to Dr. Sharma. I appreciate all they have done for me! I love all of them!!!!
May 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
r New Life Surgical Associates. They care. They are truly for their patients' health. I'm so thankful for Dr. Sharma and his staff (Tami, Paula, Cristina) and the way they care for their patients. He's very direct and for me, it's what I needed to ensure my surgery was a success. If you're considering bettering your health, please truly consider New Life Surgical Associates. They care. They are truly for their patients' health. About Dr. Sharma himself, he is very thorough, which, to me, is critical for what he does. He is knowledgeable and takes his time in ensuring the best possible route for his patients. I'm thankful he cares for his patients to be so thorough. The lives of his patients depend on it. So thank you Dr. Sharma!
May 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Sharma, to help me with my GERD and to also help me with my weight lost issues I was having. I started my journey back in February where I started with protein shakes, and other healthy foods. Then I did the whole program in 3 months lost the weight I needed too to have the weight loss surgery I needed, Dr. Sharma also helped me with my GERD which I found out I had a hiatal hernia. Which Dr. Sharma also repaired and took care of for me. I am very glad I was able to see him and his wonderful staff. I would recommend Dr. Sharma for any bariatric surgery you are considering having done!
Apr 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
When I first started this process I had diabetes, Hypothyroidism and PCOS. I had six miscarriages and three severely hard pregnancies. I couldn't run with my children or even play with them without being out of breath. Over ten years I had gained 100 pounds and on a 5 foot frame it's hard on the body. I started at 280 lbs. I now am on year out from my surgery and now weigh 181 lbs. Health is perfect. NO diabetes, thyroid is normal and am healthy. This surgery saved my life and my family.
Rebecca Shelton in ST. Marys, GA – Aug 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
I had a robotic Gastric Sleeve with Dr. Sharma and I could not be happier with the results. Dr. Sharma took the time to listen to my questions and concerns and he answered them thoroughly. I have not have any complications whatsoever and I have been able to stay on track with my weight loss using his program. He and his staff are incredible and I would recommend them to anyone. This has been a wonderful experience.
Carolanne in Jacksonville , FL – Aug 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?
Dr. Sharma is a great bariatric surgery my wife had her five-month follow up appointment with him today and he is still as nice as he was the day we met him off so he offered my wife one free treatment of the laser skin tightn dr. Sharma is a great bariatric surgeon my wife had her five month follow-up appointment with him today and he is still as nice as he was the day we met him also he offered my wife one free treatment of laser skin tightng . Great surgeon over all would highly recommend
Kyle – Aug 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sunil Sharma, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sharma?

Our practice strives to provide care to each patient with utmost respect, honesty and dignity. We allow each patient to retain their own individuality and voice, concerning their treatment program. We work with the patient to assist in meeting their ...

• General Surgery
  • Bariatric Surgery
  • Robotic Surgery
  • Vascular Surgery

• Hindi

• Obesity society of India – Honorary membership and special recognition for contribution to the field of bariatric surgery, 2011
  • American College of Surgeons award for best clinical paper, 2001
  • The Sills Award – To the surgical resident who has distinguished himself or herself as a teacher to the fellow resident and students, 2001
  • The Sills Award – To the surgical resident who has distinguished himself or herself as a teacher to the fellow resident and students, 2002
  • SLS Outstanding Laparoendoscopic Resident Award – Nominated to SLS for 2001 – 2002.,